Thread: Concerning the time limit

Concerning the time limit

Concerning the time limit

Hi there,

I've just started playing this game today, and i only have six days to start off with despite being told there should be more. Have I done something wro? Or do I have to do something to extend the time I have left? Thanks

It's the second one... you have to complete MAIN QUESTS and SIDE QUESTS to extend your timeframe. the Canvas of Prayer stuff does not count toward the addition, however.

You did nothing wrong... I was like "WTF" also when I first started playing the game... but... yeah. If you have any other questions or anything, feel free to ask... I'll do my best to give you answers.

Ah, I see, thanks. Yeah, I'm trying for 100% completion, so when I saw e 6 days I'm thinking,min never going to be able to finish I that time!

But thanks for your help, I'm also looking to get the official stragey guide, collectors edition too, you got any opinions on it?

Honestly, I only have the regular game... I haven't purchased the strategy guide yet, because I want to at least get through it without using the guide book... usually I break down and buy a strategy guide for a game after about 6 months to a year after I play the game, so that way I can be like... "Unf, I got it, ya'll!"

Lol... seriously though, I do not consider using a guide cheating or anything in any way, it's just something that I try to steer away from, because then at least for me, I want to go through the game like the guide tells me to... and I'd end up playing it like the people that built the guidebook...and not using my own play style...if that makes any sense.

I understand. I just wanted to get the Stratagey guide to refer to I case I get stuck. Also, there is concept art and developers comments in collectors edition too, I'd like that.

Ah. Sounds good.

100% completion can't be done in one play through. There is a specific quest that cannot be completed unless you unlock the bonus day, and it can't be turned in until the next play through. They wanted to make absolutely certain people played through multiple times in spite of how much that draws attention to how little content there is (after you've done it all 2 or 3 times you will understand).

To be honest I think they should have cut the days in half so that it really would be difficult to do everything in a single run (or triple the content).

I see. Guess I'll be playing through a few times then ^.^

Lightnig returns: final fantasy XIII

can anyone tell me if they are having issues or had issues extending the days whilst following the walk through guide? it doesnt matter what i do the only time i get an extension is at the end of day one ( after the end of day 2 i lose days) its quite frustrating

Originally Posted by lukehboi
    can anyone tell me if they are having issues or had issues extending the days whilst following the walk through guide? it doesnt matter what i do the only time i get an extension is at the end of day one ( after the end of day 2 i lose days) its quite frustrating
    *spoiler free* I lost a few days in the middle too, and I also had the guide. I wouldn't worry too much, just keep doing the quests you can. It seemed like every few days I wouldn't get an extra one, and I became concerned too, but it worked out.. (I was able to beat the game with the *total number of extra days* -in case you dont know how many that is-)

Good luck!

Interesting notes regarding the game's time broken design. Might save a ton of headaches! (oddly enough reminds me of another game.. but that was also a nightmare to push on through) Given the design, and the bonus day, perhaps that unlocks even more things to explore.

Originally Posted by ValhallaChaos
    Where's a mod/admin when you need them?

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    hello yourself. Few days late but still

Originally Posted by Saria3
    *spoiler free* I lost a few days in the middle too, and I also had the guide. I wouldn't worry too much, just keep doing the quests you can. It seemed like every few days I wouldn't get an extra one, and I became concerned too, but it worked out.. (I was able to beat the game with the *total number of extra days* -in case you dont know how many that is-)

Good luck!
    Not positive, but I think I lost a day. I am pretty sure that the day I beat Main Quest 3, I didn't get an extension…unless I was remembering wrong by the time I was at the Ark. Either way, I currently have 3 days left, and I just finished the last of the Main Quests (so I should get another once I'm back to the Ark), and I've done most of the side quests. Hopefully I'm just confused somewhere, and I still get the *full number of days*

Originally Posted by ValhallaChaos
    hello yourself. Few days late but still
    Make sure to contact me directly should anything like this ever happen again.
    While I do make my rounds here in the forums on a daily basis, I usually only have the time and opportunity to thoroughly read through every single thread/post once a week.

I have also noticed within New game + that it rewinds everything you've done. (in my first playthrough, I didn't complete all main quests) found myself in a dead end. Game over. However, I am a bit thankful to keep key items, and keep on going. It was pretty tough obtaining certain key items. Curious about the "Soulsong" event.