Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Thief RELEASE DATE - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Thief RELEASE DATE - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Thief RELEASE DATE - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Thief IV was apparently only approved a couple weeks ago and I believe that it is currently in the preproduction stage of development. Eidos Montreal is still hiring for the game which means a couple of things straight off the bat.

1. No showing at E3 or TGS this year. (It`s too soon and the only thing they could possibly show is a rendered cutscene or trailers with no gameplay whatsoever)

2. At the very least not released until the end of 2011. (At the very least. A game of this scope is probably going to take realistically 2-4 years to make based on that all textures and animations will have to built from the ground up. Give or take more or less time depending if they use an engine already in existence or create one.

I think it will be a good year and a half from now until we see actual gameplay footage.

Depending on how long the game takes to come out I don`t even know if it will come out on Xbox 360 and PS3. Because with the technological advancements of the PC every year Eidos will probably be using state-of-the-art new technology that might be to powerful for the Xbox 360 or PS3. This is what happened to Thief: Deadly Shadows which partially explains why the Xbox port sucks compared to the PC version. I`d be willing to bet if this game isn`t out in the next 3 years that it will be on the next-generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles.

All in all, I`m going to guess we see this game on store shelves mid 2012.
    How long do you think it will take to come out of the shadows

As long as it needs.
    -Infinity

Originally Posted by Mshade
    All in all, I`m going to guess we see this game on store shelves mid 2012.
    I'd say late 2012.
    Originally Posted by Thievingtaffer
    As long as it needs.
    Tabrett Bethell's films - a blog with all the info you need.
    signature image

Absolutely no rush... we want a masterpiece, not a quick sketch.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I'd could wait for this a long time. As long as it stands up to the possible hype it generates. Or no hype at all, catching us all completely unaware, don't know which is better.

Like Thievingtaffer said, as long as it needs.

at russian games soundtrack website i found release date, it says 13 november 2010, this is well know site, so i don't think they need to post fakes. But something says me, it comes to stores 3Q 2011.

This is pretty early in the cycle for a game to be announced so i wonder just how much has been done already or not.

While I hope they do the it'll be out when its ready I do also hope they at least have concepts with the story and art in the works as well as decided on an engine.

Yeah, I would rather they take their time and get it right....So, please don't rush it on my account.

Deadly Shadows certainly took its time. Look how that turned out. Or look at DNF. Having alot of time doesn't guarantee a better game. Just having a tight team of quality people is the key.

Don't forget fan input!

Originally Posted by CurtX
    Deadly Shadows certainly took its time. Look how that turned out. Or look at DNF.
    I recall seeing some gameplay footage (in the form of one of the artists' demo reels) and quite honestly, DNF looks excellent. I also heard it might be picked up by another studio to be completed. Potentially not that good for the game, but at least it'll see the light of day.

My guess is that it will be out in a little less than three years from now. So maybe early 2012
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Eidos Montreal announced Deus Ex 3 about nine months too soon imo, and from what I've seen so far, I think they may have repeated their error with Thief 4. There should at least be a teaser trailer and some conceptual art by the time of announcement if you ask me.

We'll know better where these games stand come E3. Even if Thief 4 doesn't make an appearance at all, because that tells you so much about how far they are with it.
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Thief 4 prob will make an appearance.. not as anything to show but at least as an announcment to create a buzz about it.

Originally Posted by CurtX
    Deadly Shadows certainly took its time. Look how that turned out. Or look at DNF. Having alot of time doesn't guarantee a better game. Just having a tight team of quality people is the key.
    You have a point but don't forget that time is very important too. You can have the best team but if you don't have enough time to finish the game properly, you'll end up with a messed up product. See KOTOR 2 for example, a very good team was working on it but Lucas Arts didn't give them nearly enough time, so the game wasn't really finished and they had to cut a lot of stuff... I'd rather wait longer than see that kind of ***** happen again.
    Tabrett Bethell's films - a blog with all the info you need.
    signature image

Originally Posted by GmanPro
    Eidos Montreal announced Deus Ex 3 about nine months too soon imo, and from what I've seen so far, I think they may have repeated their error with Thief 4. There should at least be a teaser trailer and some conceptual art by the time of announcement if you ask me.

We'll know better where these games stand come E3. Even if Thief 4 doesn't make an appearance at all, because that tells you so much about how far they are with it.
    personally i don't think a game should even be announced till at least early alpha stage.

Maybe the early announcement is to help show the game has support and a major following to secure funding.

we can wait taffer................we can wait.

"When are they gonna bring me my dinner, that's what I wanna know! when are they gonna bring me my dinner?" - hehe

Thief 4 release date announced ?

Just been looking on play.com , came across an interesting snipet , no.95th of upcoming titles THIEF 4 release date 26/03/2010 !! . Anybody know if this is true ? . Lets hope so , NOW LISTED AS 28/10/2011 , seems more like it

I dont hope so. If it is it would probably be a bad game.

yeah, if it's coming out in less than half a year, they either have been working on it for well over a year/2 years, or the game will suck... alot...
    signature image
    signature image

oh god he's right... it is listed...

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?sear...&go.x=0&go.y=0

PLEASE just be stupid marketing...

On a side note, "Thief Complete Collection" makes me rather happy, especially since it has Tgold included with it. I might contemplate sucking some other friends into the world of the taffers (I have one playing the first 2 games as is)
    signature image
    signature image

Awesome! I didn't know a core team of professionals could release a game so quick. what long has it been since announcement?

I'm used to waiting a VERY long time for games to release, Look at the company valve for example.
    On one hand, I hope this information is correct.
    On the other hand, did they even have time to polish it? please let there be an explanation for this soon!
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

That's just a placeholder for when the game actually releases. If it really was that close, we'd have heard something by now. Pics, videos, something other than "We're making the game, and we're going to take two years to develop it." It sounds more like the sites are either confusing it with the full collection or making a placeholder for preorders.

Squid
    I speak to you now of the fall of giants, the passing of ages, the burial of heroes, the death of kings.

whoa, the EM site has got itself a mayor make-over.
    Also at: http://www.eidosmontreal.com/en/games.html
    You can see how the people are divided so you know who is working on the T4 game.
    Give it up for the team!

note that in the T4-team pic our beloved mario takes the lead
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... Last