Thread: Thief: FAN ART Gallery - NEW! "Garrett - Master Thief" by CatapultedCarcass

Thief: FAN ART Gallery - NEW! "Garrett - Master Thief" by CatapultedCarcass

I suppose that may be it, the blue rays appear to just be there, maybe you need to have the source behind the trees, I dunno. I didn't notice that that was a light source, but if it is, the shadow makes more sense now. :P
    Calls The Serpents To The Heels Of My Foes! Calls The Ravens To Pecks Their Eyes!
    Calls The Jackals, Carry Thems Away. Their Children To Gnaw Bones In The Night!

understandable. Looks great though, you obviously put a lot of work into it :]
    Calls The Serpents To The Heels Of My Foes! Calls The Ravens To Pecks Their Eyes!

You could have your art school here! Just publish everything you've got and we'll grade it, I know I will give you an A+ everytime at least ;D
    signature image

this is really not finished honestly. I may have to redo the entire thing. There is a lot I don't like about it.
    Attention Dev Team: More levels like The Cradle, The Clocktower, from TDS. The Cathedral. Make note of our suggestions.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    Yes, thank you for noticing. I wish I could go to art school
    I go to state University and there's a few art classes that have to do with Photoshop and other digital media, it's pretty basic, but it's been really helpful as well. I know how long it takes to make something in Photoshop and I have a great appreciation for people who illustrate with it.

I wish Art school was in the cards for me as well. I'm definitely in the wrong state for it, but I like my tiny art department, it's fun.

lol bonehead arrow... my morning has been made. Too bad I'll spend the next 24 hours studying with intermittent breaks.

*sigh*

I'll hop on every now and again as a break.
    signature image
    signature image

A pagan forest scene inspired by a T2 briefing. Not quite finished, but I can't seem to find the time and energy to finish...

-----

The darkened whisper of night
    Reveals orbital whispy light.
    Moonlit and eery
    These lands;
    Among unknown shadows
    He stands...

Absolutely amazing artwork!! What program do you draw this in by the way?

EDIT: IF you are drawing it on your computer, that is :P

Right on! I'm glad you like it, AbysmalGale This was done in Photoshop CS, which I think came out in 2003. I think they are up to CS5 now, so I would like to get that some day. There *must* be some improvements made over the past 8 years to better manage the art workflow and help express art. It's expensive though :P
    I used CS2 (which is from like, '06?) and it's pretty much the same as CS5 in terms of 2D design. CS5 has a lot of new features that deal with 3D design and really precise pressure sensitivity with tablets. I used it in my digital design class last fall but it sucks up a lot of CPU. So even though while I'm connected to the campus internet and enrolled as a student I can have CS5 for free, I still just use a tryout version of CS2 because it gets the job done just as well without bogging down my average system.

^-- this is good to know. I'll defintely have to take a look at CS5 with a careful eye, then.

Interesting designs Fizbop. Looks like you enjoy making user interfaces! Keep it up. GUIs are often overlooked, underappreciated and poorly implemented in the business world, imo.
    I'm in college for Game Design, Specializing in GUI Design
    Attention Dev Team: More levels like The Cradle, The Clocktower, from TDS. The Cathedral. Make note of our suggestions.

Aren't most of the modern game GUIs made with Flash?

Originally Posted by Fizbop
    I'm in college for Game Design, Specializing in GUI Design
    That sounds awesome.

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    Aren't most of the modern game GUIs made with Flash?
    Flash and Java.

But the game engine I was using supported photoshop.

Not sure if this counts as art but I've had a go at doing thief style ambient music. I plan to do more in future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxyMjvsANeY

There are some serious works of art right there big up 2 da artists around here real talent all love.

Originally Posted by Fizbop
    Flash and Java.

But the game engine I was using supported photoshop.
    Another note on this is that it's going in flash

Originally Posted by Albi
    Not sure if this counts as art but I've had a go at doing thief style ambient music. I plan to do more in future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxyMjvsANeY
    Awesome!
    signature image

I found this Keeper in Rome at the National Modern & Contemporary Art Gallery. In reality this statues represents the philosopher Giordano Bruno by Ettore Ferrari.

"The Essence of Balance is Detachment"
    Glyph07

Cool, I've never seen those pics!
    "The Essence of Balance is Detachment"
    Glyph07

Look familiar?

Cast in bronze.

Originally Posted by jtr7
    Oooo, that's a keeper (pun intended).
    ohohoho.

You are in a dark place, your torch is about to die down
    You see a man, you think he is dead but you are wrong, terribly wrong
    You'll hear a song of a dead soon, and death of the life song
    This is the Zombie Zone my friend, once get in, no way out

Zombie Zone

Rotten, beaten, eaten
    Looks like dead, lying on the ground
    Yet still alive, you'll be the one who feed him
    No way out, useless to look around

How long you will run, how long you can stand
    Fear flows in your veins, exploding your heart
    What will you do when your feet refuse to move, my friend
    What will you do when they torn you apart

Do you smell, smell of the rotten meat
    That's the smell of death, your lover
    A lonely corpse, no name, no grave in this hellish pit
    Only she can bring you some faded flower

Now, sit on your throne, made from your flesh and bone
    Feel the pain, feel the sorrow, give the life you borrowed
    Nothing to claim, no one to blame, just you and unavoidable flame
    You'll be alone, die and reborn, neverending pain
    In the Zombie Zone

Hope you like it.

(It looks like an end line, but my intention is not that, I mean "hope you like it." It fits to poem though. )
    "Not all shadows are cast by light, some are cast by darkness."

I'd keep that line, two-cents opine.

I'm playing on hand-drum, that end gives me a beat with an empty measure, curt. "In the Zombie Zone" lifts like cheer to me, public solace. The underline pulls the cover, a cheer is not all that safe.

I am glad you like it. I am gonna keep that line, I like it too.
    And thanks for your comment, I like it.
    "Not all shadows are cast by light, some are cast by darkness."

Originally Posted by Nephthys
    Look familiar?

Cast in bronze.
    Gorgeous. Your beautiful jewellery creations make me howl with envy.

Originally Posted by Hamadriyad
    Zombie Zone

Rotten, beaten, eaten
    Looks like dead, lying on the ground
    Yet still alive, you'll be the one who feed him
    No way out, useless to look around

How long you will run, how long you can stand
    Fear flows in your veins, exploding your heart
    What will you do when your feet refuse to move, my friend
    What will you do when they torn you apart

Do you smell, smell of the rotten meat
    That's the smell of death, your lover