Thread: Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Very cool! Thanks Vik, I've been needing a GoT fix!

Originally Posted by Moreth
    Very cool! Thanks Vik, I've been needing a GoT fix!
    You're most welcome.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

So I feel good. I just uploaded some good screenshots to better represent the Thief series on Amazon. Also pointed out the HD texture pack for T3. Surprised no one did that yet.

Originally Posted by Epifire
    ...Also pointed out the HD texture pack for T3. Surprised no one did that yet.
    JohnP's?
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

Yes John's texture pack. Hey it helps people to know there is a bit of community support for the series.

Smile Any german Thief-Fans here?! :)

Hey!

Irgendwelche deutschen Thief/Dark Project Fans hier am Start?
    Wenn ja, dann machen wir doch hier einen deutschen Thread, wo wir uns leichter unterhalten können.

Gleich mal ne Frage, glaubt ihr kommt Thief 4 mit deutscher Synchro? Ich würde ausflippen wen dem so wäre, ich vergöttere die Synchro der ersten beiden Teile

Grüße Domey

Hi!

German fan here, too! Unfortunately I think it's against the rules to post in any other language than english though.

That being said I agree on the german dubbing. I've been following the series since the demo of the first game and though I usually prefer the original language version of most games I always loved the dubbed version of Thief I and II! I bought the first two games in german and english.

One highlight for me was when they used the german folk metal band Subway to Sally for Dark Project 2.

Not sure if they will make a german version of Thief 4. I guess it depends on how popular they think the game will be in Germany - it is kinda expensive to dub after all.

Oh okay, then i'm writing in english

I just ordered Dark Project 1 + 2 on amazon, in the original boxes, for only 8€!
    I love the Thief-Games so much

German as well, but I prefer the English version. German dubs are mostly really good (Thief is a good example), but I feel like something always goes missing in the process.

Welcome, Domer and Chummy
    signature image

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Welcome, Domer and Chummy
    Hey & Thanks for the Welcome!

Anytime, taffer!

Right now, here in Blighty Land, we are deafened by the sound of fireworks going off.
    We're celebrating Guy Fawkes night.

Glorious! I love fireworks.
    signature image

Greetings fellow Thief fans. Now that things are less busy over at the DXHR forums I will be roaming these parts as a Thief Moderator, in addition to still keeping one eye on the Human Revolution boards.

I look forward to some very exciting times ahead as the series we all love starts getting some more attention. By the way, if you ever have any issue with my actions as a moderator please feel free to drop me a pm and we can chat about it and try to sort it out in the best possible way.

See you in the threads

Welcome aboard, DX.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Epifire
    Yes John's texture pack. Hey it helps people to know there is a bit of community support for the series.
    Then be sure to give the proper credits to John, on Amazon, not just writing "HD texture" there

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    Greetings fellow Thief fans. Now that things are less busy over at the DXHR forums I will be roaming these parts as a Thief Moderator, in addition to still keeping one eye on the Human Revolution boards.

I look forward to some very exciting times ahead as the series we all love starts getting some more attention. By the way, if you ever have any issue with my actions as a moderator please feel free to drop me a pm and we can chat about it and try to sort it out in the best possible way.

See you in the threads
    Good! I see Thief now is getting some more attention, and moderators are migrating here... this is a good sign! Welcome on the Thief 4 forum, DXeXodus!
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

Originally Posted by massimilianogoi
    I see Thief now is getting some more attention, and moderators are migrating here... this is a good sign! !
    Indeed!
    signature image

Hello, DXeXodus... or shall I call you DX for short? Nice to know we are attracting a bit more attention these days.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Maethius
    Hello, DXeXodus... or shall I call you DX for short?

I've always called him DX... hope he doesn't mind being miniaturised in this way.

signature image

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. And Yup, DX for short is perfect.

Hey all I know it's a bit random but I figure this is the thread for it.

Just you all to know I was thinking of you guys, and was adding some Thief styled elements to my mapping in my ongoing Source engine mod...

Ravenholm was originally inspired by the Old Quarter level with the events of the Cataclysm in theme. I got the falling tower in the background added as well so that it would kinda keep that accent to it. Aside from that and the over all dark theme I just wanted to toss that up here for you all.

If anyone here in The Tavern isn't too intoxicated with Benny and you want to challenge your still-sober brain, please check out the new Cryptic Crossword Clue game in Community Chat area.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=130815

Hope to see you there!
    signature image

hello there,

iam the new guy! Well... actually iam not new to this forum, i have been watching since the very start of the Thief 4 forum area.

after visiting this forum for quiet a while, i began to get frustrated about the lack of information you get here... meanwhile i found out this is very funny. I began to like how most people were ranting about the not existing information on the game. And i read some very interesting ideas of what the developers could actually integrate into the game. Last but not least, i saw some very inspiring artwork in the gallery area and i also found some further information about the existing thief or dark project series.

At this point i would like to thank Victoria, for her unbreakable patientce and the excessive use of smileys.
    Iam waiting on the day, when eidos finaly releases some information on Thief 4 and everybody will be like: "omg thats so awesome" and Victoria will be like: "dudes, i told you all along".
    On that day i will feel very happy for her, cause i think a great amout of tension will drop off her shoulders.

But until Eidos decides to release some further information about the game, i will continue to read, smile about rants and keep my patientce.

Kind regards to all the Users / Admins and please excuse my bad english.

Welcome good sir. I kinda roam this forum like that as well and post random things as well as ideas and so on. Not real active in the posting part but I manage to get a few words in once in a while.

As I read this page, I am struck by the fact that there has been a migration of mods to these boards, somewhat coinciding with Adam's arrival. Viktoria is a wonderful mod, but I wonder what, if anything, should be read into the arrival of DX, Jerion, and others I hadn't seen before.

I'm going to go with...no. If expectations are low, then I can be pleasantly surprised when info finally is released.
    A true professional doesn't leave a mess.
    My YouTube channel-Thief Ghosting videos!

Originally Posted by WierdMind
    hello there,

iam the new guy! Well... actually iam not new to this forum, i have been watching since the very start of the Thief 4 forum area.

after visiting this forum for quiet a while, i began to get frustrated about the lack of information you get here... meanwhile i found out this is very funny. I began to like how most people were ranting about the not existing information on the game. And i read some very interesting ideas of what the developers could actually integrate into the game. Last but not least, i saw some very inspiring artwork in the gallery area and i also found some further information about the existing thief or dark project series.

At this point i would like to thank Victoria, for her unbreakable patientce and the excessive use of smileys.
    Iam waiting on the day, when eidos finaly releases some information on Thief 4 and everybody will be like: "omg thats so awesome" and Victoria will be like: "dudes, i told you all along".
    On that day i will feel very happy for her, cause i think a great amout of tension will drop off her shoulders.

But until Eidos decides to release some further information about the game, i will continue to read, smile about rants and keep my patientce.

Kind regards to all the Users / Admins and please excuse my bad english.
    Welcome to the forum... and thank you for your patience.
    Your English is very good by the way.

Yeah, I love using smileys.
    signature image

Page 52 of 90 First First ... 24248495051525354555662 ... Last