Thread: Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Hello All! Just joined after hearing the excellent news. I've been a Thief fan since the release of the first one and I'm so excited for the next installment.

Man it's funny. For no good reason a couple weeks ago I just dusted off the old Thief games for the first time in years, replaying them....so I stopped by the TTLG forums and people are buzzing about the imminent announcement of a new Thief game?! Sweet coincidence!

I might as well formally introduce myself, seeing as I never did it on the Deus Ex 3 forums.

My name is Matt. I am 18 years old. Thief and Deus Ex are some of my favorite games ever and I hope that the new games will be among my favorites as well.

So ... Hi everyone!
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Thief fan from Tacoma, Washington here.

I'm glad to see that Eidos is working on a new episode of for the series. From what I've read the team is not going to include anyone from Looking Glass. I'm not sure that's in the best interest of the project. Whatever happens, I think that we need to get back to the "feel" that the game had in Thief I and II. We should also stick with high quality animations for the cutscenes. They age better than the CG stuff.

Originally Posted by tokamak
    We should also stick with high quality animations for the cutscenes. They age better than the CG stuff.
    True. Though I'm sure they will be using motion capture for the animations, so it should turn out good.
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Originally Posted by Direlord
    I don't think they are surprised. I do however wonder if they fully realize what they are getting themselves into and the fanatical devotion some of us have for the classic Thief Games and Garrett.
    I am sure they've learned a lesson or two about fanatical devotion in the DX3-forums...

Hey everyone. Its gr8 to be here discussing abt one of the best series in games

Hello, I'm Vladimyre

And I like long walks along rooftops, my bow, appropriating items from homes/banks/museums/cemetaries/churches, bludgeoning people unconcious and relieving them of excess valuables.

I've got great corporate skills with my network of fenc....I mean buyers. And look forward to any future business deals that may be mutually profitable.

Welcome to the tavern, all new Taffers! Grab yourself a tankard of ale and join us in merry dance.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Ahoy 'hoy! Great to hear there's another Thief game on the way. Thought I'd drop by and say hi.

I don't know about everyone else but personally, I'm hoping since EM has been working on Deus Ex first that it will teach them some stuff that will help make Thief IV better. But I'm purely being selfish. IMHO the Thief series is my personal favorite.

New to taffin' around here, but have been crawling, mantling and ghosting for a long time.

The idea of a new Thief game is exciting... what I've read on "Thi4f" fills me with dread.

Hi. I'm a 22 year old hungarian taffer. I've been playing Thief for nine years now. The first two are the games that inspired me most as an artist - I'm actually a writer (published only short stories so far, first novel maybe next year) and a video game designer (currently working on my first game with experienced artist and programmers, casual garage-project stuff, should be done by this summer), so I'm really excited, what's next. I really want Thief 4 to go back to it's roots, so I'm gonna taff around here until that happens

I love that phrase "go back to its roots"... its always good to see it cropping up (an unexpected pun, right there } time and time again.

Welcome all.
    signature image

I am delighted to hear the news that T4 is underway. Also it is good to see so many familiar faces and some new ones here.

Viktoria, you are doing a great job as a mod, and you seem to be quite in tune with Thief and what it should be.

This has been said before, but I hope that the T4 team can play a lot of the great T2 Fan Missions and come to appreciate what we mean by back to the basics.

Originally Posted by Grundbegriff
    Superb news!

May those who hold the purse strings give much artistic liberty to those who cut them.

~ Grundbegriff
    Grundie! TTLG called, your intelligence is needed in the Thief forums!

I share your wish, too.

Me? I just wrote the Novice Keeper's Lexicon back in the day. It's wrong. Please use The Dark Wiki instead. And contribute.

--
    Larris

Hello everybody. Nice to see some familiar names (for me) and a lot of new ones.

21 year old American, been gaming since Jetfighter 1 on MS-DOS.

Thief 2: The Metal Age has been my all time favorite since the first time I booted it up in 2000.

Other faves: Bioshock, Ghost Recon, Diablo 2, Fallout

Great to see all the taffers coming out of the woodwork, it's been waaay too long.

Originally Posted by Peter Smith
    I am delighted to hear the news that T4 is underway. Also it is good to see so many familiar faces and some new ones here.

Viktoria, you are doing a great job as a mod, and you seem to be quite in tune with Thief and what it should be.

This has been said before, but I hope that the T4 team can play a lot of the great T2 Fan Missions and come to appreciate what we mean by back to the basics.
    Thanks Peter.
    Yes, I am a devoted fan of the Thief games (more 1 & 2) and continue to play all the fan missions you speak of. In fact, I ALWAYS put another current game I am playing on hold when a new mission is released. I am truly obsessed.. but all these fan missions have made me sooooo happy for all these years!

Welcome, new Taffers!
    signature image

Originally Posted by VIKTORIA
    Time to hang up your blackjack and make merriment at the bar with the rest of the townsfolk!
    Tell us a little about yourself and receive a warm welcome from the forum community.

Engage in general gossip and chatter about all things relating to Thief.

Welcome Taffers!
    OHHHH finally I succeded to register!!!

This is my very first post in this thread

Viki: your system of registration doesn't work, be aware! I've had to register as massimilianogoi1 instead of my real nick massimilianogoi, just because your server didn't send to my email adress the email of confirm

Please do something about this. Most pepole said that they have problems with the mail adress, and using yahoo worked. My previous mail was on libero.it server (max@libero.it), and didn't worked.

And,please, could you change my actual nick with the original "massimilianogoi"?

Thanks in advance.
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

Welcome Taffer, sorry to hear your journey to the tavern has been a long and arduous one.
    You can report any problems in the thread HERE

Unfortunately, I am unable to amend your username, sorry.
    signature image

Originally Posted by VIKTORIA
    Welcome Taffer, sorry to hear your journey to the tavern has been a long and arduous one.
    You can report any problems in the thread HERE

Unfortunately, I am unable to amend your username, sorry.
    And who can do this??

It's about three days that I tried to register, I would be the first in 11th May otherwise. But I preferred to wait the confirmation mail or the answer to the signaling I've done to your Contacts address, but no-one answered.

Anyway, I'm here to help you in developing this fourth chapter, I'm sure that my advices could give a better shape to the game.
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²

I'm a graphic artist/writer, and a huge fan of the series. ..... well, not a HUGE fan of TDS. But that's why we're all here. To help you make this game what it SHOULD be.

Just a question though... how exactly do the mods and devs sort through all the threads and suggestions and discussion therein? Do you read every single post? Because having been to the Blizzard (WoW) forums, you can understand that some people may get the idea that they are not being heard. O_o

... not that I'm accusing or anything. We just don't want our suggestions to fall on deaf ears. ^_^ If I can help you guys in the creative process in any way, I'm here. And I fully intend to play through the series again to get some material for you.

In fact, I'm such a fan of the series that I built a whole new computer out of decade-old parts just so I could play 1 and 2 again!

Originally Posted by massimilianogoi
    And who can do this??

It's about three days that I tried to register, I would be the first in 11th May otherwise. But I preferred to wait the confirmation mail or the answer to the signaling I've done to your Contacts address, but no-one answered.

Anyway, I'm here to help you in developing this fourth chapter, I'm sure that my advices could give a better shape to the game.
    I am not sure, but perhaps send a PM to GoranAgar who is dealing with the report thead. Good luck.

We have some very talented Taffers in our midst, welcome all.
    Don't forget EM are recruiting, perhaps they could use your talents.
    Check HERE
    signature image

Names Hypevosa, or Hype for short. I was a fan of the thief games since I first saw the styalized text title on the side of the box at an EB games. I liked the way it looked, and the thought of being a thief sounded like fun... so I gave it a go. I loved it, the intricacy, the stealth, the *thunk* "uughhhh..." It was an awesome came. Then thief 2 came out, and the metal age wasn't disappointing either. So the graphics weren't top notch? the art, the story, the gameplay was all awesome. I got deadly shadows for PC, and it wasn't as good as the other games, but it was cool nonetheless. If you look at my avatar, it's a bastardization of the symbol in the Woodsie Lord's forehead, and I've used it as a symbol for a long time.

And so I'm here, because I want to be a part of making this game great

Page 5 of 90 First First 1234567891555 ... Last