Thread: Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Hi all!
    I've been hoping for a new Thief game for so long...(From the moment I finished Thief DS,)(and no I never played Thief 1, but finished thief 2 and 3, and saw my brother play thief 1 from beginning to end)

BTW, just because I hear allot of people complaining about Thief DS, I don't get why. It was still an great game and I liked DS as much as I liked Thief 2.(why do I have the feeling I be killed for saying this...)

Originally Posted by van_HellSing
    Looks like TTLG's exploded due to excessive traffic, I can't load the forums
    Saam's server is down. But Digi's working on it. Try http://212.227.54.9/forums/ though I warn you there's only about 16 people who have managed to access it so far! It's kind of like a ghost town there right now.

Thanks for the update on the ttlg site.

I have been currently playing nearly all of the Thief 2 and 1 Fan missions since last December in anticipation of this game being announced and I regularly visit that wonderful site for hints on some of the maps.

Greets all i've been waiting for this day for years the return of the best damn stealth title on the market. Thank You Eidos!

Eepcat here. The scars from TDS are still quite visible. I'm cautiously optimistic. This is, however, an exciting day...there is great hope again!
    Ouch! The background for this website is killing me!
    - eep!

Heh, Thief. My favorite game! Ever!

From the story to the music to the sounds to the characters to the gameplay to the cutscenes to the fun to the voice acting... and to pretty much everything I didn't mention, its incredibly great. I'm looking forward to see what you guys are up to

Et salut René; beau chandail des Remparts! Tu viens de Québec?

Originally Posted by eepcat
    Eepcat here. The scars from TDS are still quite visible. I'm cautiously optimistic. This is, however, an exciting day...there is great hope again!
    Ouch! The background for this website is killing me!
    - eep!
    Seconded and seconded again. I'm starting to see spots.

(Even when you try to change the color theme (offered at bottom of page) it doesn't change.)

Scars run deep. We may forgive, but, we don't forget.
    *3790*

Hey everyone! I'm so taffin stoked for Garrett to make his misanthropic return!

I'm so glad Eidos is looking to renew the thief franchise because in this economy, you gotta have a winner, and with the fan base like it is, if they work their hearts out on this game, you know its going to make money! That aside, can you imagine the possibilities of thief 4?

Modern graphics - yes!
    Advanced stealth - yes! (Not Assassin's creed style stupidity - even though I like that game :P
    Return of the BEST video game story to ever see the light of day? Um, yeah I want that 2 ! !
    The Many: What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to the mind? Our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive

Yeah, we can do without Assassin's Creed super acrobatics and repetitive missions.

Cool. Something to look forward too! I think Thief was one of the first FPSs which was really scary with those chain clinking wights...having to sneak around them while they moaned and clanked. The dinosaurs were awesome too...the best fun I had shooting broadheads. Thief 2 was a great game too...awesome story and gameplay.

But, god I hope Thi4f is nothing like Thief 3...that had very little that was truly fun, well the rooftop action was cool, and there was a bit of a scary section in the hospital. But, reloading every 2 minutes was a joke. I've got an Intel i7 965 with 6GB of RAM, a 1GB nVidia GTX285 OC, Fatal1ty Titanium, a 64GB solid state drive, and Windows Vista Business 64-bit. I can probably load up the entire game in 15 seconds. Sure, it's not what everyone else has, but please don't make it a fixed architecture.

Originally Posted by jtr7
    Howdy TAFF4RS!
    lolz

Ooh I am sooo happy! I love the Thief series dearly, and am a big fan of stealth!

Cheers Taffers!
    <Clink>
    <Glugglugglug>

Extra kegs of ale ordered for the tavern party!.

Welcome Taffers!
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Rockn-Roll
    Cool. Something to look forward too! I think Thief was one of the first FPSs which was really scary with those chain clinking wights...having to sneak around them while they moaned and clanked. The dinosaurs were awesome too...the best fun I had shooting broadheads. Thief 2 was a great game too...awesome story and gameplay.
    You are talking about the Hammer Haunts, and those dinosaurs are the Burricks.

Burricks at their best
    *3790*

twisty signing in...

I used to be a regular at the Crippled Burrick but haven't frequented the Eidos forums for years. Definitely a good reason to come back here again.

Welcome back twisty.
    *3790*

Hey everyone... Thief series was the ... can't wait....

Woo hoo! Thief is back mother taffers! I never dreamed it would happed after the dismal 3rd game. Here's to a brighter future where Eidos does everything to fix what Ion Storm Austin broke, or at least, I can only hope. Cheers!

Ahoy hoy, finally made! The dress restrictions were pretty tough, now
    on with the show.

It'll be a long wait but I'm guessing it'll be worth it. I think it's a darn smart move to announce it this early helps people feel more involved with the game and great PR

Originally Posted by BrokenArts
    You are talking about the Hammer Haunts, and those dinosaurs are the Burricks.

Burricks at their best
    I never knew Burricks had such a musical side to them :P

That made me laugh, thanks for sharing

Salutations, sinners. Lost my passion for computer games some years ago. However, I was sitting on the lavatory at lunch hour, reminiscing over the good old days, wondering if Garrett would ever return. The timing was coincidental. Good to be back.

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
    I never knew Burricks had such a musical side to them :P

That made me laugh, thanks for sharing
    You are welcome, I've had it for years, thought it was a good time to share once again. It always brings a smile.

Originally Posted by Nate
    I wonder if Eidos is a bit surprised at how many of us are already all over this forum?
    I don't think they are surprised. I do however wonder if they fully realize what they are getting themselves into and the fanatical devotion some of us have for the classic Thief Games and Garrett.

Like many i'm a big Thief fan since the orginal game and was glad to hear a new Thief is in the works.

So this is my hello to everyone on the forum of which i'm sure i'll troll from time to time.

Page 4 of 90 First First 123456781454 ... Last