Thread: Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Where's that keg of the good stuff. The GANG'S ALL HERE! well, almost. Some of 'em fell by the wayside, so lift your firkin for "Gumdrop", "rickNmel", "Munin the Raven", and others of the dearly departed.

Doesn't really come as a surprise but HURRAY! Thief 4 has officially been announced. That actually makes me happy. Now, let the whining begin!

I can usually be found in the Deus Ex 3-forums but I guess this will become my second (EM-)home from now. Hello, fellow forumites!

The Thief series is the only PC game I've played since Meridian 59... and to think I purchased the original Thief out of curiousity and have an unhealthy love towards ever since. I don't have time to game, but dammit I'll make time for this one - whatever platform it lands on, I'll own for this game alone.

I registered simply to post my appreciation.

Eidos Montreal, thank you very, very much.

Can't say enough how happy I am to have another forum from which to nix purses. You see, the rent is due as usual...and though I'm quite adept at a little B&E...this is much easier.

Oh yes, there will be much whine'ing in these halls. But I've got a good feeling about this, the thief series has always had a passionate following. Debate is good, from the IP that EM has picked up it really looks like they have a passion for Thief and Deus when you really care about an IP it shines through to the finished product ( ususally )

I'm looking forward to the game, really. I'm just dwelling on the whole ridiculous "Thi4f" thing since that's basically all we've got... DX3 at least got an awesome teaser that you could spend weeks dissecting.We just got a lousy logo.

Wow, brilliant turnout. This place is heaving with people

I've never had the pleasure of involving myself with the Thief online community, but there's never a bad time to start. I hang about the DX3 forums, rather quieter there but then I like it that way. Perhaps this place will calm down a little eventually!

Yay for Thief 4! I'm so happy I could burst! A pity that there's only the logo, but its better than nothing. Now we just need to wait another 1000 days until release date!
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Yep, I wouldn't miss this!!!

Hope this continues in the steampunk universe. Saw some neo modern art of Garret with a gun? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Let's hope they keep everything in the same universe!

When I saw the announcement for Thief 4, I literally jumped out of my seat!

Like Jhook said, I hope they keep everything in the same universe! Otherwise

Holy Hammers!
    According to the current thread views count... no less than 1,157 taffers have visited the tavern already today, and the night is still young!

Welcome one and all.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Hi all!

I've been hoping for a new Thief game for so long....

Now I gotta go find my T2 disks.

Originally Posted by van_HellSing
    I'm looking forward to the game, really. I'm just dwelling on the whole ridiculous "Thi4f" thing since that's basically all we've got... DX3 at least got an awesome teaser that you could spend weeks dissecting.We just got a lousy logo.
    Originally Posted by spyhopping
    Wow, brilliant turnout. This place is heaving with people

I've never had the pleasure of involving myself with the Thief online community, but there's never a bad time to start. I hang about the DX3 forums, rather quieter there but then I like it that way. Perhaps this place will calm down a little eventually!
    Originally Posted by VIKTORIA
    Holy Hammers!
    According to the current thread views count... no less than 1,157 taffers have visited the tavern already today, and the night is still young!

Welcome one and all.
    Yeah, It's amazing. It's like there's this whole ocean of people descending on the forums with this announcement.

Now where is Officer Half? He must be around here somewhere...
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Wooo hooo!!!! This is some of the best news I've seen all year!

Looks like TTLG's exploded due to excessive traffic, I can't load the forums

*waves at the TTLGers*

(it's me! henke!)

Hello everyone else!

17. Hi everyone, old old OLD school Thief fan back from the hole I dissapeared in to once Thief 3 destroyed my life and killed my dog!

Lets get our chat on!

Aww wish I'd been more involved online back in the day. It seems like everyone's having a little reunion

This is awesome, some of the threads down there have already been viewed 3000+ times since lunch It will probably accelerate even more as word gets around. Viktoria and René are gunna have their work cut out modding this place, for sure!

Well met, taffers! I've never really been involved in the the online Thief community (mostly just lurked over on TTLG from time to time), but it would seem now is as appropriate a time as any to make my appearance

Thief is easily my favorite series of all time, and I have high hopes for this fourth installment. I hope to have some good discussions with all of you fans and devs over something we clearly all hold near and dear

See you all around the boards!

Yo, wassup people..

Havin' some Biddleybong.

I LOVE EIDOS!!!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!

P.S. Heartless Perry is a coward with no balls whatsoever

P.P.S. Hi All! As you can see I love Thief even though I've only played deadly shadows (PC obviously), but it's one of my favorite games ever!

Hey kids! I see a few names from TTLG here (I'm sure there are more that have taken on aliases, too) and I already feel at home. Think I'll stick around & peruse the T4 threads here for awhile. Especially since TTLG seems to be having server probs and there's only about 16 members who have access.

Anyhow; I'm over the moon with the news about the upcoming Thief 4!!! Have to admit, I honestly NEVER thought it would happen. Great news indeed!!!!!

Errrmmmm ...anybody seen jtr? He said he had an extra chocolate mug for me.

Hello All! Thief is back!

I cannot wait! Best news I have heard in a while.

Hello, Dante from the TTLG Forums (can't say I'm a hardened veteran, though ).

I love how much attention the announcement is getting these forums. Countless players are already flocking to the site and registering.
    Dante

Page 3 of 90 First First 12345671353 ... Last