Thread: Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Taffers' Tavern - WELCOME / INTRODUCTIONS - & General Random CHAT Thread

Hi Everyone

Finally a next installment in the thief series, now only hope that it will not be a MMORPG(absolutely hate those things)

Welcome to the forum, mastone. Always good to greet more taffers.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Hi all.
    Been a Thief fan from the very beginning and am very excited for Thief 4!

8)

Greetsies to all fellow sneaksy woman-, and manfools!

Hi there, gman and Scortius!

Originally Posted by the_gman1912
    Hi all.
    Been a Thief fan from the very beginning and am very excited for Thief 4!
    Originally Posted by Scortius
    Greetsies to all fellow sneaksy woman-, and manfools!
    A warm welcome to our two newest Taffers.
    signature image

Come out come out wherever you are...taffers!

lol

hello all!

im from north carolina USA, and currently without a working copy of thief1 2 or 3 all my videos keep breaking, darn you vista...

interesting fact, i currently have some sort of spider bite, and all i can think of is larry's ailment from TDS when i look at my leg lol

Some more taffers in the tavern tonight!
    signature image

Greetsie on you hammerite451 and elfnik!

Smile Hi

Hello all taffers, new member here saying hello

Been a massive fan of Thief ever since I got a copy of the Dark Project many moons ago. Also been a gamer since the old 8-bit wars so I think it's fair to say I've ahem been around a while

Anyhow looking forward to joining in some thief banter etc.

Cheers,
    Brains

Hi there!

Oooooh, I just discovered the tavern ! Hello to all

"Can I have a Westmalle Tripel, please ?" Cheers to Dark Project and Metal Age !

Dark Shadows? Isn't Thief IV supposed to make us forget about DS and bring back the magic from DP and MA ? I'll keep a bottle of champaign grand cru in the fridge for just that day.

Besides that, I prefer tea over alcohol

Greetsie Quad!

hi @ all

Hi there Tutterburg! Tell us about yourself, please.

I want to say hello. I've never been a part of a forum like this before, but as soon as I found out there was going to be another Thief, I couldn't resist. Being on the Internet a lot over the past ten years, I run into a lot of people that ask me if I'm into video games, and I usually just honestly say, "No...not really...I like Thief!"

I get mixed emotions when I find that no one really knows much about the games at all. But I don't mind much, because nothing has yet given me the thrill that the first two Thief games could. I have my own handful of unfinished DromEd experiments and I've played many of the fan missions (so very happy for those). I am not so happy that I haven't figured out a way to play these games on Vista, so I'm a few years into my withdrawal here.

On a side note, why is the 4 in the place of the e? I'm sorry to pick at that, but I've always been bothered by numbers in place of letters in titles ever since SE7EN (sesevenen?). Doesn't the f look a little more like a 4? or ...something with the T? I don't know...it's not an e!! :P (sorry, I'm better now...)

Great, we have some new taffers to clink our tankards with... the more the merrier!
    signature image

Awesome - I just registered at Eidos because of Deus Ex 3 - and what am I fining out? Thief 4 is beeing in development yay!

^
    Yes, two good games in the making. Welcome!
    signature image

A new one adds to the comunity

Hello ppl!!! A new crazy and bored taffer joins the comunity!!!

Hi there taffer!

Greetings to all of the new 'recruits!' Don't forget to pay your guild dues, or we'll send the Hammerites after ya!

Squid
    I speak to you now of the fall of giants, the passing of ages, the burial of heroes, the death of kings.

Afternoon (well, it is here) having tired of a recent spurge I had of playing Sniper Elite; Prey; Doom3; and Nightfire again, I returned to the Deadly Shadows and felt good again, so I got wondering where the franchise was and sure enough, .....well, the fact I'm posting this says it all. (Yay !!)

One thing I'm doing more of this time around is climbing. I found (what I understood) the usual haunts the first time around but this time I'm finding other wee sneaky bits that a Taffer could secrete themselves during an honest night's thieving. Marvellous.

This is what I want more of. More climbing, more sneaky bits and definitely more rooftops. It bothers me that most roofs are railed or blocked off. With major buildings you should have guards on the roofs, so travelling this way could prove just as treacherous as ground level.

A few open windows and raised catwalks wouldn’t go amiss either, ….

("How d'ya get up there ?")

Greetsie Beanster! I see you have some ideas. Well, keep them coming!

Page 12 of 90 First First ... 289101112131415162262 ... Last