Page 983 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 48388393397397998098198298398498598698799310331083 ... LastLast
Results 24,551 to 24,575 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Head of EA sports peter moore defends fifa 16 addition of female players against people who don't want women in the game

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...omens-football

As of tonight, 'L.C.T.O.O.' is in the bag

(click image to enlarge)

My God, this is such a fun game! At first the combat turned me off a bit since enemies are way faster than most in 'G.O.L.' were, but once I got the right loadout, whoa! It's just as fun as 'G.O.L.', but if I had to pick I must admit I would say I prefer 'G.O.L.'. Haven't got to play this one co-op tho, so maybe that would tip the scale some.

EDIT: Just saw the Justin Bieber chat from a couple days ago, thought of this...
    Last edited by WinterSoldierLTE; 7th Jul 2015 at 02:49.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

I think this is a good talk from Brianna Wu at DevNation, on the issue of women in the industry. Concise yet not aggressive.

I actually had a bit of a chat with a male colleague, in what it means to call yourself a feminist. It didn't really end well...
    signature image

Times and understanding are changing. But creativity is a free spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Larafan1996 View Post
    Head of EA sports peter moore defends fifa 16 addition of female players against people who don't want women in the game

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...omens-football
    "Some of them seem genuinely not to understand that women are capable of existing, playing both football and videogames, and enjoying the intersection of those things - never mind that men might enjoy the women’s game too. Others seem concerned that the mere existence of imaginary versions of women in a simulated version of a sport they enjoy will harm them, or possibly society, in unimaginable ways."

Funny and sad at the same time.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    I think this is a good talk from Brianna Wu at DevNation, on the issue of women in the industry. Concise yet not aggressive.

Dude!

Wu is a known liar, a scam artist, a sociopath, a twister of facts, a blatant hypocrite, a gender agenda pusher, a demonizer of gamers, a manipulator, a professional victim, a power abuser, and a massive troll to boot. She's 10 times worse than Sarkeesian. I really wouldn't take anything Wu says seriously. Like, at all.

Wu has done tremendous damage to the gaming community. She's been in the forefront of GamerGate like Kotaku and Polygon have, and she's called gamers the worst names in the book and driven the whole 'gamers are dead' and 'gamers are misogynists' narrative for a long time to get famous. She even went on national news outlets to demonize the community. The last person you want to listen to about gaming, especially women in gaming, is Wu.

Turning to Wu for an opinion on women in the industry is like asking Ken Ham for his opinion on science, or Sarah Palin for her opinion on politics

I actually had a bit of a chat with a male colleague, in what it means to call yourself a feminist. It didn't really end well...
    lol, do tell

Did he pull a Mark Ruffalo on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Dude!

Well, there you go. I thought she had some good points at teaching how not to be a dick to women, but she's just another nutjob.
    I just watched another video of her - she gets very defensive when questioned in a mildly challenging way.

So, hey, how do I make an informed decision - as a man - on what a feminist is? I support equal pay and women in power, but I also make that's-what-she-said jokes, tend to be more conversational with people I find attractive and will hold a door open for a woman - which apparently can be sexist.

lol, do tell
    Well, basically he tried to say that feminism was simply the dictionary definition - ie. equality. I tried to implore that it was a movement, a positive force that is promoting change, whose message has been dirtied by the above psychopaths.
    He wouldn't let it be anything other than the simple, so he had to leave. He was the one who pointed out Wu's keynote, in fact.

Did he pull a Mark Ruffalo on you?
    Actually, I brought him up. As in "if I don't call myself a feminist, I'm an a-hole, or jerk"? How is that a message of equality? If that's feminism, then eff feminism!
    signature image

Anita's not even trying xD

signature image

^^^^^^I want to swear. She's one annoying !
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post

Somebody had to say it...
    signature image

at times i ask my self if this woman is for real. this kind of ignorance is just abnormal. looks like research doesnt exist in her world. damn right goldbloom. its indeed one big pile of .
    signature image

Well, there you go. I thought she had some good points at teaching how not to be a dick to women, but she's just another nutjob.
    I just watched another video of her - she gets very defensive when questioned in a mildly challenging way.
    Sounds like the Dave Pakman interview..?

So, hey, how do I make an informed decision - as a man - on what a feminist is? I support equal pay and women in power, but I also make that's-what-she-said jokes, tend to be more conversational with people I find attractive and will hold a door open for a woman - which apparently can be sexist.
    Simple - you don't. Asking yourself what a "feminist is" is like asking what it means to be a christian. With a thousand different denominations of christianity, the term has become extremely muddied and completely ambiguous, open to interpretation based on people's personal life views. Same with feminism.

As I mentioned earlier to Dino when were talking about the subject, if you support equal rights but don't want to associate yourself with all the other BS baggage that comes with (third wave) feminism and you need to put a label on yourself, I'd recommend going for "equalist" or "humanist" or "egalitarian". Or any combination of those.

That said, making innocent that's-what-she-said jokes and having normal and natural superficial biases doesn't mean you can't label yourself as a feminist. I just wouldn't recommend it, but if your choice of course

As for holding doors supposedly being sexist, that's the stupidest thing ever. That's like saying giving your niece a piece of candy makes you a pedophile

Well, basically he tried to say that feminism was simply the dictionary definition - ie. equality. I tried to implore that it was a movement, a positive force that is promoting change, whose message has been dirtied by the above psychopaths.
    He wouldn't let it be anything other than the simple, so he had to leave. He was the one who pointed out Wu's keynote, in fact.
    Oh boy! Sounds like he's the deeply intrenched SJW feminist type. There's no arguing with those people :/

But if you feel like trying next time you talk to him, I'd recommend showing him this video as a rebuttal to the "feminism is what the dictionary says" argument - 20 Reasons the Dictionary Doesn't Define Feminism

Actually, I brought him up. As in "if I don't call myself a feminist, I'm an a-hole, or jerk"? How is that a message of equality? If that's feminism, then eff feminism!
    I see. How did he respond?

#feministlogic

She never has, lol.

Already her very first tropes video was full of holes like these

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Sounds like the Dave Pakman interview..?
    No, was just another talk she made. Some guy questioned the "tone" and her arms crossed, her stance changed and her dealing with him was blunt and short.
    Simple - you don't. Asking yourself what a "feminist is" is like asking what it means to be a christian.
    You know what, dammit - you're bang on
    ... you need to put a label on yourself
    I don't specifically, but it makes it easier to deal with people who can't handle "neutrality".
    I'd recommend ... "egalitarian".
    I like that one. /me goes to find the label printer...
    That said, making innocent that's-what-she-said jokes and having normal and natural superficial biases doesn't mean you can't label yourself as a feminist. I just wouldn't recommend it, but if your choice of course
    I blame my wife, and The Office.
    As for holding doors supposedly being sexist, that's the stupidest thing ever. That's like saying giving your niece a piece of candy makes you a pedophile
    Yep, stupid, but that's society for you. Ergh, I just linked the UK Daily Mail *shudder*
    I see. How did he respond?
    I... don't really know - he was kinda vague. Like, shrugging it off and referring to the dictionary again. The funny thing was, I actually looked it up:
    feminism, noun
    1. the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
    2. (sometimes initial capital letter) an organized movement for the attainment of such rights for women.

I don't see the simple definition here...
    signature image

So I've just completed 'TR: DE', and I noticed in the credits that Toby Gard was credited as a cinematics director. My understanding was he had left CD before any real work on 'TR2013' began. Anyone know what the real timeline is?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    So I've just completed 'TR: DE', and I noticed in the credits that Toby Gard was credited as a cinematics director. My understanding was he had left CD before any real work on 'TR2013' began. Anyone know what the real timeline is?
    I don't know about timeline, but wasn't he there when they cast the cast?
    signature image

I can't believe how cool this game will be:

Words cannot describe this achievement in gaming!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    I don't know about timeline, but wasn't he there when they cast the cast?
    I don't know. All I'd heard was that he left early, like real early, into its production. I've no idea how early they did casting, or even what exactly had been done before he left.
    signature image

that would explain why the MK characters never die.
    signature image

Speaking of Kotaku...

Kotaku Snubbed: SJW Rag Not Invited to Ubisoft E3 Presser

Bwahahaha!

Love hearing stuff like this. Good on Ubisoft for showing Kotaku that we don't appreciate their crap journalism and that there are consequences. Another win for GamerGate

I hope, as the one of tweets in the article said, that Polygon will be next to be banned from a major press event for all the damaging articles they've put out there

No, was just another talk she made. Some guy questioned the "tone" and her arms crossed, her stance changed and her dealing with him was blunt and short.
    Hmm, don't recall that one. Got a link?

I don't specifically, but it makes it easier to deal with people who can't handle "neutrality".
    I know what you mean. It's sad to see that so many people have this urge to recruits others into their little narrow-minded clubs so they feel stronger as a 'collective'. Strength in numbers, I guess...

Yep, stupid, but that's society for you. Ergh, I just linked the UK Daily Mail *shudder*
    Yeah I've read that article a while ago. So much BS. The research they base all of this nonsense on might have some truth to it, but they go about it interpreting the research totally wrong. Saying that someone opening a door for someone else might be a sign of sexism is like saying someone preferring apples over pears is a sign of paedophilia, or preferring vanilla icecream over strawberry icecream is a sign of racism. I'm sure if we dig hard enough we can find some correlation between apples and paedophilia and bewtween vanilla icecream and racism. But correlation is not causation!

It's the same BS argument about violent videogames causing school shootings. Oh look, this kid blew the brains out of a dozen classmates and look, he liked playing violent videogames! We have the answer! No ____ he liked playing violent videogames, Sherlock; almost all male teenagers like playing violent videogames! And > 99% of them do NOT go around blowing people's brains out. Such ignorance

I... don't really know - he was kinda vague. Like, shrugging it off and referring to the dictionary again. The funny thing was, I actually looked it up:
    feminism, noun
    1. the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
    2. (sometimes initial capital letter) an organized movement for the attainment of such rights for women.

I don't see the simple definition here...
    What's not simple about those definitions? Looks pretty straight forward to me. It's wrong, of course, but it's not unclear.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

That is gold.

Love hearing stuff like this. Good on Ubisoft for showing Kotaku that we don't appreciate their crap journalism and that there are consequences. Another win for GamerGate
    It's not often you hear someone praising Ubisoft - outside of their forums - for the things they do.

Hmm, don't recall that one. Got a link?
    It was actually part of a breakdown on her behaviour. The point is at 5:50.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNpdjRuFpLM

Yeah I've read that article a while ago. So much BS. The research they base all of this nonsense on might have some truth to it, but they go about it interpreting the research totally wrong. Saying that someone opening a door for someone else might be a sign of sexism is like saying someone preferring apples over pears is a sign of paedophilia, or preferring vanilla icecream over strawberry icecream is a sign of racism. I'm sure if we dig hard enough we can find some correlation between apples and paedophilia and bewtween vanilla icecream and racism. But correlation is not causation!
    Complete BS, of course, but these things "go viral" and start influencing the thought of the masses. And when people start to think they may be unsuspectingly trodden on, they get fired up...

What's not simple about those definitions? Looks pretty straight forward to me. It's wrong, of course, but it's not unclear.
    I don't see simply "men and women are considered equal". If it's up to the dictionary, you either have to openly say these things or be part of a movement.
    signature image

How is it that EVERY time I decide to stumble upon forums after being absent for a while, there's always a discussion about Anita in this thread? I see things are getting ridiculous with her opinion of Lara's jacket.

Match.com is depressing me. At this point, I really don't know what to do, anymore. I feel it's my only choice because girls my age (or at least near my age, I'm 27 BTW) are so hard to find in public now that I'm all done with college, but my e-mails just aren't getting responses, and many people are experiencing the same problems with girls they're interested in not responding on there. In fact, based on the small sample size of e-mails sent, I'll be lucky to have em read when it's all said and done.

A week ago, I came across a girl. She's 26, just moved to Charlotte from D.C. (I moved there from Wisconsin 15 years ago, ), still learning all the hot spots, which I'm more than familiar with, she even mentioned in her profile her obsession with Netflix and wanting somebody to watch movies with on the couch. I'm a movie/Netflix fanatic, and: she even shares my political beliefs, having listed hers as "Liberal" in her profile. And to top it all off, she describes herself as having a "bubbly personality" in her profile. Sounds like a perfect fit, right?

Well, needless to say, I e-mailed her. I believe I did everything right in my e-mail, I followed Match.com e-mail advice step-by-step. I mentioned the numerous things in her profile we share in common (thereby letting her know that I actually read her profile as opposed to the hordes of men who, let's be honest, are probably thinking with their dick), I joked around (though not too provocatively), showcasing a little sense of humor, I complimented her (I even mentioned the bit about her moving from D.C. to Charlotte in the first e-mail, and went on to say "great minds think alike"), the whole nine yards, end result: read, no reply.

Talk about a deal breaker. I mean, if having that much ammunition on a girl can't get me a response, I honestly don't know what can. FFS, I don't think you can possibly get any better of a match than that. I thought she'd be happy to have somebody she can joke about how much of an idiot Trump is for his anti-gay marriage CNN fail and shares her obsession with Netflix and movies. While I understand there's a slight chance she might have a free account and was simply unable to reply to me, I have a hard time believing that somebody who works as a crime scene investigator (yes, that's literally her job, adding to her perfection as a match. I mean, who wouldn't wanna be able to say they have a police woman for a GF?) can't take the initiative to pay for an account on there (as money obviously isn't an issue with her) and have free reign to write/respond to e-mails and whatnot.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, mate. People come, people go. I believe we meet the people we need to meet, not meet the people we want to. All good things, even relationships, come around in time, and you're only 27. I understand at your age maybe perhaps your feeling a bit of the biological clock ticking or a sense of "Holy crap! I'm almost ready for Metamucil every morning and an evening of 'Matlock' and 'Columbo'!" (I did at that age) but you've still got plenty of time for dating.

I myself have never found dating to be easy. Especially nowadays. I've had so many bad past relationships I'm way more guarded then I should be, and also way too picky. I reckon if you're anything like me it takes a lot from a woman to catch your attention, which makes it even more of a disappointment when it doesn't pan out how you'd hoped it would. It's easy to be down about it. Very easy, in fact. But for myself, in those moments of down-ness, I look back at the relationships that mean the most to me, the ones that I call "The Best" and the ladies whom to this day even after it all went to I wish nothing but the best for, and I remember where my headspace was when I met them all: I was down and out after various unsuccessful attempts at dating. I was to the point where I wasn't looking for anyone when I met each and every one of them. I didn't go looking for them, but I found them, or they found me.

I know it's probably not much of a comfort, but face up, mate. Everything works out in due time. It's just a beast waiting for it to work out is all. And who knows? This lady of interest you mailed may have a change of thought in the next few days.
    signature image

It's just sad when you really think about it. You'd think getting a reply from a woman like that would be piss easy (hell, you'd think getting responses from women in general on Match.com, or any dating site, would be easier than it is: they're looking for the same thing you are and can't get it in-person, after all). Having a SO with the same political views fresh off the Hodges case is a big deal.

Take me for example: I tend to click away from chicks with differing political views. If their profile says "Conservative" under "Political Views", automatically not interested (I don't understand why women would vote for the ticket that wants to ban birth control, teach Abstinence Only in schools where they notoriously slut shame women, keep them from getting paid the same as men, etc., etc.). Sorry, but I'd like somebody I can talk about the Hodges Supreme Court decision, even crack a few jokes about the idiocy looming from it with without a hitch (I'd love to show her TheAmazingAtheist's "Idiots React to Gay Marriage" video on YouTube ), not a chick who thinks like the "dey gahnna leguhlyze pedafyle marryge n3xt!" folks/morons.

Hell, since she's obviously a Redskins fan, I'm sure she'd get a kick out of this video as well, I don't think she realizes the missed opportunities for laughs :

On the other hand, I was on another site (XMeeting.com) and the very first woman I "winked" at (or whatever the equivalent is on that site) e-mailed me, telling me "I'm waiting for someone to ravage me", I didn't even have to message her first. That was before reading up on how much of a scam that site is, creating fake profiles. That should be quite telling.
    Last edited by KManX89; 11th Jul 2015 at 16:57.

aaaaaaaaaand once again Anita demonstrates her uncanny talent of Arguing From Ignorance; where she talks crap about a subject she has literally never had any interaction with. Ohhhh but there's that pic of her sitting next to a pile of games from the entire game shop

I've always advocated that there's a dissonance between two generations of feminists. The True Feminists, the original generation from when the movement started in the 60's (or maybe it was the 50's?) who's foundation was for equal rights of women (work opportunities, wages, voting, etc...). And then there's the more modern branch that are really pseudo-feminists. In place of equality, their mantra is all about being professional victims and oppressing men under the battle cry of the "evils of the patriarchy".

Sure they call themselves feminists trying to identify with the philosophy and mindset of the founders, but as pointed out before, it's nothing to do with equality. They took a noble cause and perverted it into a self centred campaign that is detrimental to society and the unity of sexes.

On other topics, new Batman v Superman trailer out, via SDCC

And hey all you Mass Effect fans, check out this INCREDIBLE EDI cosplay by Crystal Graziano

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by AdobeArtist; 11th Jul 2015 at 23:33.
    signature image

Page 983 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 48388393397397998098198298398498598698799310331083 ... LastLast