Page 693 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,325 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Quote Originally Posted by XylophoneDealers View Post
    I just love the layout and the music and the weirdness of it.
    I see. How would you compare it to Born This Way?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I see. How would you compare it to Born This Way?
    Born This Way didn't really impress me that much. I like her other songs, the ones that weren't released as singles. They were much better for me
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by XylophoneDealers View Post
    Born This Way didn't really impress me that much. I like her other songs, the ones that weren't released as singles. They were much better for me
    Neither Pokerface?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Neither Pokerface?
    Well I'm quite partial to Paparazzi and the piano version she did of Poker Face (and Paparazzi for that matter).
    signature image

Contrary to the hate Born This Way gets from casual fans, I think it's a quality album. The only thing that's off-putting is it's gloomy image (the dark photoshoot, HORRIBLE album cover, videos, vibe etc). I liked her image back in the days of The Fame/TF Monster. She's definitely picked up recently, though,
    signature image

If only she picked up some clothes.

^

That is all
    signature image

theoretical question, and please put some thought into it to make things more interesting.

if the whole earth were to suddenly go dark for 3 full days, what would you do differently than you do now? and by dark, i mean so dark that you can't see someone standing 5 feet away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post
    theoretical question, and please put some thought into it to make things more interesting.

if the whole earth were to suddenly go dark for 3 full days, what would you do differently than you do now? and by dark, i mean so dark that you can't see someone standing 5 feet away from you.
    Like, no Sun, no electricity?

I'd just light some candles and eat my way through the 3 days
    signature image

I'm getting better at ignoring other people's ignorance, arrogance and general stupidity, but I had to come online and share this experience.

I'm not a fan whatsoever of girls who'll sit there and tell a guy, "You could do better." Like, excuse me, but who are you to waltz into someone's personal love life and provide commentary on their choice?

If someone came up to me and said, "You could do better," I'd turn right around and say, "I hope you aren't referring to yourself, because if you were any kind of decent person, you'd mind your own business and not interfere in my love life." Like, the person they chose to be in a relationship with obviously means something to them and not on a superficial level. I mean, let's be real: the guy in question is not in a relationship with you for a reason and your Facebook pictures that consist of nothing other than promiscuity and cleavage is not doing you any favours, hun.

Such nerve. Needless to say, she was removed from my friends list immediately and it was long past due. I proper can't stand people who think that they're more physically attractive than another person and because of this opinion feel they're better suited for or more deserving of the man in question.

Unreal. Believe it or not, there's more to beauty than just what the eyes perceive.

(click image to enlarge)

Completely random and offtopic in a random and offtopic thread, but I'm trying something here so bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Other

• (2) Tomb Raider novelisation by Rhianna Pratchett (both paperback and hardcover)
    Apparently, we're going to get something along these lines, though not penned by Rhianna herself.

@Driber
    Don't kill me. PM me if you must though lol.

Did you also mean there is no electricity? In that case, I'd lit some fire (candles or something) and I would finally finish reading all those books I had in mind. Also, since I like playing cards with my friends, I would probably do that more than usual.

No sun? I'd stay on my PC.

No electricity? I'd sleep through these 3 days.

What will happen to the world? Everyone goes ape and mass panic breaks out. But I'm aware of the three days time limit of this total black out so I'd just sleep.
    signature image

If the contention really is that the earth would go dark for 3 full days and then get light again, not going dark forever after 3 days, then I don't see why do anything different. Just sit it out, like you do with a power outage or a water outage.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I'm getting better at ignoring other people's ignorance, arrogance and general stupidity, but I had to come online and share this experience.

I'm not a fan whatsoever of girls who'll sit there and tell a guy, "You could do better." Like, excuse me, but who are you to waltz into someone's personal love life and provide commentary on their choice?

If someone came up to me and said, "You could do better," I'd turn right around and say, "I hope you aren't referring to yourself, because if you were any kind of decent person, you'd mind your own business and not interfere in my love life." Like, the person they chose to be in a relationship with obviously means something to them and not on a superficial level. I mean, let's be real: the guy in question is not in a relationship with you for a reason and your Facebook pictures that consist of nothing other than promiscuity and cleavage is not doing you any favours, hun.

Such nerve. Needless to say, she was removed from my friends list immediately and it was long past due. I proper can't stand people who think that they're more physically attractive than another person and because of this opinion feel they're better suited for or more deserving of the man in question.

Unreal. Believe it or not, there's more to beauty than just what the eyes perceive.
    Dang, nothing to contradict to your social commentary this time.

Was looking forward to another long debate

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Completely random and offtopic in a random and offtopic thread, but I'm trying something here so bear with me.

Apparently, we're going to get something along these lines, though not penned by Rhianna herself.

@Driber
    Don't kill me. PM me if you must though lol.
    Why would I kill you?

In the hypothetical question: Are we to be made aware that the Earth will be dark (pitch black) for 3 days? Or is this a "God, how long is this gonna last?" question? And also, to echo a couple of previous posters' queries: Is the electricity out? Or is this due to some external or interstellar phenomenon that only affects the light the Earth receives?

Let's see if we can parse this out a bit:

1. If it is a matter of known, upcoming 3 days of total darkness, I agree with Daft: If no sun, I'd probably be on my PC doing some animation work, or on my PS3 or 360 and playing some games, or watching movies. If no electricity, well, I'd have to hope that my cell phone is at least charged enough to help me keep track of time for three days, even if I cannot contact anyone because towers and satellites may also be affected.

However, in the case also that there is no electricity and we are in pitch darkness for 3 days, I will also be sleeping with both my guns close to my side. Flashlights only need charged batteries...and burglars and gangstas can be opportunistic.

2. If we are subjected to pitch blackness and no electricity, and we do not know that this will only last 3 days....you can bet that I'll be sleeping as much as I can, (unless my PSVita and my iPad and laptop are well charged, then I can get a little entertainment out of them), but I will also be setting my house up for fortification (as best as possible) and defense against burglars, looters (they will likely be roaming the streets either in opportunism, or in panic), and gangstas....because you can bet at least two of the three groups will be roaming the darkened streets if you're living in or around New Orleans, LA.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

If I would be aware of the fact that the dark will last only 3 days, then I'd probably just wait it out (hoping that my laptop, my iPod and my phone have their batteries charged ). And I'd try to make some people reach my place (so that I could have someone to speak to).

If I wouldn't be aware of the fact that the dark will last 3 days, I'd probably go crazy. At first. Then I'd try to find a solution, as I always do in weird situations. I think I would even create myself a kind of weapon and I'd probably fear more for the people that I care of and not very much for me.

Well, now I have a good concept to write about

When i have nothing to do I sleep anyway. So for those 3 days I'd probably sleep through..

Dang, nothing to contradict to your social commentary this time.

Was looking forward to another long debate

You're a proper instigator.

(click image to enlarge)

in response to needing more clarification about the theoretical question. no, there would not be any electricity, lets just say its due to a world wide EMP. and no, you would not know for sure how long it would last, i only used 3 days to make it seem like a long time, it could be a week or it could only be a day.

personally I don't know for sure what i would do, but i know I would be concerned about what my neighbors would do, and that concerns me quite a bit lol

in response to needing more clarification about the theoretical question. no, there would not be any electricity, lets just say its due to a world wide EMP. and no, you would not know for sure how long it would last, i only used 3 days to make it seem like a long time, it could be a week or it could only be a day.

personally I don't know for sure what i would do, but i know I would be concerned about what my neighbors would do, and that concerns me quite a bit lol
    With that clarification, you and I are in quite the agreement.

In total darkness, and no electricity or automated power of any form due to an EMP (which likely means even old wind up watches might be magnetized to the point where they don't work (at least, properly), marking the passage of time would be a chore...and a single day might actually feel like two...making three days seem almost a week. Keeping my mental faculties together would be a priority....keep it together, as it were. When surrounded by a whole lot of unknown, you gotta focus on what you do know, and act as accordingly as possible.

Keep you friends and family close.....and everyone else closer.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Could we just please address the fact that my 30 year old brother has been living with us since last year because he quit his job to spend more time with his girlfriend who then broke up with and put a restraining order on him, who continues to make stupid choices, one of which rewarded him with a broken ankle so he's out of work for two months and another was spending all the money he saved drinking and partying and now...now has a girlfriend.

Are you *** kidding me?

He has critically more important things to worry about than having a girlfriend and I'm sorry, but having a girlfriend is what ruined his *** life in the first place because he has ZERO bloody *** clue how to prioritise.

He's THIRTY years old and acts like he's THIRTEEN and somehow manages to find himself a girlfriend. Maybe if we get lucky he'll move out and go live with her and she can have fun paying for his existence.

I swear, my father's on the verge of kicking him out for being such an insolent peasant and my mother's about ready to stop biting her tongue and finally say what she's been wanting to for the past year.

And me? Oh, I'll laugh hysterically. I know I'm coming off as a *, but take my word for it when I say you'd feel the same exact way and say the same exact thing(s) if you had to deal with him; something I would not wish on anyone.

Furthermore, I should pray that he doesn't do anything to piss me off because he thinks I'm "cool" but one false move and what I'll have to say will make him cry and quite frankly, I don't want to feel bad about it. So for his sake and mine, he'd best stay on my good side.

But if he thinks for one second he's bringing that trollop girlfriend of his into my house, I'll drag her by the hair and drag him by his genitals out the door and slam it shut behind me so hard that the Earth will split in two.

(click image to enlarge)

^ Dating while unemployed? I certainly wouldn't advise it cause relationships do cost money.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    ^ Dating while unemployed? I certainly wouldn't advise it cause relationships do cost money.
    Not even just that; the simple fact that he doesn't know his ass from his elbows when it comes to focusing on what's important and getting his life back together before committing himself to another person.

I can only imagine what he told her. "Hey, I'm 30 years old and I live with my father, step-mother and step-brother and I'm out of work for two months because I broke my foot jumping off a surfboard onto some rocks at the beach, so I have no viable source of income. Care to fund my existence and provide sexual sustenance?"

Jesus H. Christ.

(click image to enlarge)

Any of you ever experienced sleep paralysis? Its *** terrifying.. :S

GTA 5 out in 4 weeks!

Regarding the blackout debate I'd loot some night vision goggles then just read , exercise and clean since there would be nothing better to do
    signature image

Page 693 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast