Page 523 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 234234735135195205215225235245255265275335736231023 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,075 of 27124

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

  1. #13051
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,034
    Boo consoles. I'm going to learn some PC stuff so I can make a good gaming PC. Apparently building my own can save me upwards of $2,000. Hell yeah I'll make the effort to build my own.

    But yeah, I'm tired of having my consoles break because of crappy RROD and the always online crap gets on my nerves, even if Microsoft decides to not go with it and Sony with their previous hacking problem and their own disgusting flavor of DRM. Nope, not worth it, IMO. I think I've finally jumped the Console Ship.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

  2. #13052
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    lol. PC has far more "always online crap" than consoles do

    And good luck saving money with PC gaming

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  3. #13053
    Quote Originally Posted by digginglara View Post
    Well, that would be the sickest... yeah, what exactly? Hoax? Conspiracy with the intent to take away even more liberties from the people? Sorry, but I can't go there. It would be well, too sick. And the bombing by itself is already sick enough.
    (Let me preamble, digginglara, that I hope the tone of my reply does not come across as hostile or tense. You brought up a good point.)

    The Imam Obama regime wants "big government" involved in everyone's lives and liberties...what better way to do that than to continue to create a climate of fear by this? As for the liberty that the Obama regime wants to take away...the right for honest citizens to keep and bear arms.

    I mean, the rash of shootings that broke out over the months, with the most notorious (I do not mean to trivialize the prior shootings at all) being the Colorado theater shooting, and I believe before that, an elementary school shooting...and then what...the Obama regime starts recruiting children to speak out against gun rights. And now, this bombing, which, granted, did not involve guns....but by extension, continues to create a climate of fear already playing on those speaking out against the gun rights of honest U.S. citizens. First, a vague description of a possible perpetrator is given over the news (dark skinned or black man speaking with a foreign accent). Ok, immediately that suggests possible terrorism with Middle Eastern influence...something which will most assuredly anger and frighten most U.S. citizens.

    And now I'm seeing where there had been reports that a Saudi national who supposedly got shrapnel wounds in the blast is considered a suspect and is being guarded in a hospital. Now, the latest reports say he is no longer a suspect. While I am glad for that person, it still smacks of red-herring.

    The bombs that were used in the attack were very crude in design, but apparently effective. However, I could even tell, just by the nature of the explosions shown on the news that the bombs were crudely made.

    With all this, my big concern is just that this has happened too close to a hot-button issue among U.S. citizens, and that said issue needed another push, apparently, by those who would take away our freedoms under the guise of benevolent government.

    Perhaps I sound like a conspiracy theorist, and I would certainly not blame anyone who thought such, but I have never trusted the Obama regime. Even 9/11 under Bush's administration/regime has been considered a cover up for the big S&L scandal.

    The climate of fear is a tool of statecraft...perhaps not a legitimate tool...and certainly not an ethical one, but it is a tool nonetheless.

    But enough of this. In truth, this is a subject that I think is a bit way off the path, even for the Humble Abode of Randomness.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

  4. #13054
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    lol. PC has far more "always online crap" than consoles do

    And good luck saving money with PC gaming
    That really just depends on what games you're playing. To clarify, by online crap, I mean the increasing annoyance of having game "updates" aka DRM in some cases, that make consoles effectively useless until they are finished. Yeah, PC has them too, but at least I can play something else while Tomb Raider is finishing with its update. Honestly, I've had more fun with my PC this past year than I've had nearly the entire PS360 generation with my own 360.

    Also, I can play nearly all of my Steam games while I'm offline. With obvious exceptions like MMOs, so long as your Steam account is still logged in to that computer (which is also DRM, but a much less obnoxious one than more recent attempts) you can still play games. Like when my internet goes out just cause. Stupid Texas Midgulf....

    But yeah, it'll take me some time so save money for some good PC components. PCs are definitely more expensive than consoles, but hey, at least I'll know the games will look pretty.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

  5. #13055
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    LM, you are right, you indeed sound like a conspiracy nut

    Seriously, though, while I fully believe there are some conspiracies going on (history has more than proven that) I don't think all is as bad as you think.

    As for the guns issue...I just came across this image and to me, it honestly makes a lot of sense


    (click image to enlarge)

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  6. #13056
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,034
    Whew, man do I not agree with that picture, Driber. It's rather unintelligent, in my opinion. First of all, I do not agree with the concept of banning books to begin with. That is also unintelligent and shelters children from themes, ideas and points of view that they would otherwise not be exposed to. And not exposing yourself to these things is not "protection" because I guarantee that these kids will eventually be exposed to them and confronted by them. The lack of familiarity will leave them unprepared and ill equipped to deal with the things that they or their parents do not agree with.

    Ironically, the argument of banning any kind of gun has the same issues as banning books. It will ultimately not protect you. Like the Boston Bombings, people will find a way to harm others if they are so inclined. One can buy a pressure cooker, fill it with nails attach it to a rudimentary timer and destroy other people's lives by only going to the supermarket and Googling a How To site. Do we ban pressure cookers now? Do we enact laws to control the internet? Perhaps we should pretend that by taking away freedoms of the common man, it somehow makes it safer for him. Because, of course, the common man wants to bomb a marathon, or wants to shoot up schools and movie theaters. None of us are smart enough to protect ourselves. It falls to the government to do it for us. It falls to them to decide what we can do, what we can own and how we can act because their ideas are ultimately "safer."

    And forget that America was literally built on the fact that the government ultimately went too far and literally tried to use its armed forces to control its citizens among other issues. Thank God that the common man had guns to fight back and protect themselves. Oh wait. That's right, the common man is not helpless in most situations. That guns really do protect people in real life, like burglaries and muggings. Mass shootings are the horrible, tragic exceptions to the rule. Equating the issue to guns is like blaming video games for the gun man's snap. What will make us helpless is taking away the options of defending ourselves. Forgetting that the reason for the Second Amendment was because of the Revolutionary War. It was not won by soldiers, that were trained to use guns, mind you.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

  7. #13057
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    They just played Jason Graves - A Survivor Is Born on the radio

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  8. #13058
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    (Let me preamble, digginglara, that I hope the tone of my reply does not come across as hostile or tense. You brought up a good point.)

    The Imam Obama regime wants "big government" involved in everyone's lives and liberties...what better way to do that than to continue to create a climate of fear by this? As for the liberty that the Obama regime wants to take away...the right for honest citizens to keep and bear arms.

    I mean, the rash of shootings that broke out over the months, with the most notorious (I do not mean to trivialize the prior shootings at all) being the Colorado theater shooting, and I believe before that, an elementary school shooting...and then what...the Obama regime starts recruiting children to speak out against gun rights. And now, this bombing, which, granted, did not involve guns....but by extension, continues to create a climate of fear already playing on those speaking out against the gun rights of honest U.S. citizens. First, a vague description of a possible perpetrator is given over the news (dark skinned or black man speaking with a foreign accent). Ok, immediately that suggests possible terrorism with Middle Eastern influence...something which will most assuredly anger and frighten most U.S. citizens.

    And now I'm seeing where there had been reports that a Saudi national who supposedly got shrapnel wounds in the blast is considered a suspect and is being guarded in a hospital. Now, the latest reports say he is no longer a suspect. While I am glad for that person, it still smacks of red-herring.

    The bombs that were used in the attack were very crude in design, but apparently effective. However, I could even tell, just by the nature of the explosions shown on the news that the bombs were crudely made.

    With all this, my big concern is just that this has happened too close to a hot-button issue among U.S. citizens, and that said issue needed another push, apparently, by those who would take away our freedoms under the guise of benevolent government.

    Perhaps I sound like a conspiracy theorist, and I would certainly not blame anyone who thought such, but I have never trusted the Obama regime. Even 9/11 under Bush's administration/regime has been considered a cover up for the big S&L scandal.

    The climate of fear is a tool of statecraft...perhaps not a legitimate tool...and certainly not an ethical one, but it is a tool nonetheless.

    But enough of this. In truth, this is a subject that I think is a bit way off the path, even for the Humble Abode of Randomness.

    Lord Martok, judging by your 'Imam Obama' comment, and what follows, I take it you're not a Democrat. And that is fine. Just want to say you'll be able find at least an equal amount of people who wil claim 9/11 has been used by the Bush Administration in a similar fashion (not so much to cover up the S&L scandal per se, but more to introduce and justify the Patriot Act: fear mongering for the purpose of taking away people's basic liberties).

    Thing of it is, though, that, at this time, I am not entirely comfortable with 'politicizing' this tragedy just yet. My mind is not incapable of speculating on such matters; but, at this moment, like I said, it just feels wrong to try and and capitalize on this, politically. Not saying you are doing this, as you appear to indicate your post was just a one-time excursion to a possible conspiracy, but yeah, let's not go there for now, k?
    signature image

  9. #13059
    Quote Originally Posted by digginglara View Post
    Lord Martok, judging by your 'Imam Obama' comment, and what follows, I take it you're not a Democrat. And that is fine. Just want to say you'll be able find at least an equal amount of people who wil claim 9/11 has been used by the Bush Administration in a similar fashion (not so much to cover up the S&L scandal per se, but more to introduce and justify the Patriot Act: fear mongering for the purpose of taking away people's basic liberties).

    Thing of it is, though, that, at this time, I am not entirely comfortable with 'politicizing' this tragedy just yet. My mind is not incapable of speculating on such matters; but, at this moment, like I said, it just feels wrong to try and and capitalize on this, politically. Not saying you are doing this, as you appear to indicate your post was just a one-time excursion to a possible conspiracy, but yeah, let's not go there for now, k?
    Agreed. (And I agree about the Patriot Act too, which, if you'll remember, I did indicate Bush's regime as well for the 9/11 tragedy.

    I'm not really of any political affiliation anymore. Neither Dem, Rep, Libertarian, or whatever...hell, I'm probably closer to anarchist than even I'd be comfortable with. I just believe in citizens' rights to defend themselves, since help is usually so far away.

    Yeah, it's pretty sad when I refer to the governments of the country that I still love as "regimes" instead of administrations.

    I cannot remember who said it...maybe Thomas Jefferson...something like "He who gives up a little freedom for a little extra security deserves neither."


    As for that picture... I see several things wrong with it.

    First off....the average U.S. citizen does not own "assault weapons". To be classified as an "assault weapon", it must possess all of these characteristics.... high range, high capacity magazine, and automatic fire capability. Even if one were to buy an AK-47 or an AR-15, or any type of weapon that in a military capacity might be an "assault rifle", they are not automatics, and therefore, not assault rifles.

    The simplest definition of assault rifle is this: A rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

    To be specific, capable of selecting between semi-automatic fire...that is firing one round of ammunition for every squeeze of the trigger, and automatic fire...that is, to fire continuously while the trigger is squeezed. The rifles made available to the general public are not capable of automatic fire as they are sold from gun stores/pawn shops. Someone could likely modify their weapon to actually fire in automatic, but that would be illegal. Even burst fire (that is, weapons capable of firing only two to four rounds per trigger squeeze) are illegal in most states. There are only one or two states in the union that actually allow ownership of Class III weapons (that is, weapons capable of automatic fire).


    The picture above is another cowardly attempt to use children in an effort to speak out against the rights of honest citizens. And naturally, the mothers who put that ad together (and anyone else who stands against the freedoms of honest U.S. citizens) are going to misclassify weapons to create that climate of fear so that folks will speak out against the rights of honest U.S. citizens.

    An AR-15, (such as the child on the right is holding) made for civilian use, is not an assault rifle. An M-16, a weapon that was made for U.S. military infantry use, is. The AK-47's made or modified for civilian use are not assault rifles. The AK-47's made for Russian (or their allies) military infantry are assault rifles.

    BTW, JRod....great post.


    To be completely honest, I wish we did not have the need for guns, save for hunting....but as long as there are those who would do good people harm in the world, then I say let those good people have a chance at preserving their lives, and those of their loved ones with the means necessary. In times of need, when the police are anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes away at best, seconds often count.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

  10. #13060
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    Whew, man do I not agree with that picture, Driber. It's rather unintelligent, in my opinion.
    Well I don't think it's supposed to be super intelligent; it's a campaign ad and it uses crude, but effective imagery to convey its message.

    First of all, I do not agree with the concept of banning books to begin with. That is also unintelligent and shelters children from themes, ideas and points of view that they would otherwise not be exposed to. And not exposing yourself to these things is not "protection" because I guarantee that these kids will eventually be exposed to them and confronted by them. The lack of familiarity will leave them unprepared and ill equipped to deal with the things that they or their parents do not agree with.


    Ironically, the argument of banning any kind of gun has the same issues as banning books. It will ultimately not protect you. Like the Boston Bombings, people will find a way to harm others if they are so inclined. One can buy a pressure cooker, fill it with nails attach it to a rudimentary timer and destroy other people's lives by only going to the supermarket and Googling a How To site. Do we ban pressure cookers now? Do we enact laws to control the internet? Perhaps we should pretend that by taking away freedoms of the common man, it somehow makes it safer for him. Because, of course, the common man wants to bomb a marathon, or wants to shoot up schools and movie theaters. None of us are smart enough to protect ourselves. It falls to the government to do it for us. It falls to them to decide what we can do, what we can own and how we can act because their ideas are ultimately "safer."
    This part we clearly disagree on. (And that's okay )

    To sum up my issue with this way of thinking: pressure cookers are made for eating; they should indeed not be banned. AK47s are made for killing as many people in the shortest amount of time. Huge difference there.

    And forget that America was literally built on the fact that the government ultimately went too far and literally tried to use its armed forces to control its citizens among other issues. Thank God that the common man had guns to fight back and protect themselves. Oh wait. That's right, the common man is not helpless in most situations. That guns really do protect people in real life, like burglaries and muggings. Mass shootings are the horrible, tragic exceptions to the rule. Equating the issue to guns is like blaming video games for the gun man's snap. What will make us helpless is taking away the options of defending ourselves. Forgetting that the reason for the Second Amendment was because of the Revolutionary War. It was not won by soldiers, that were trained to use guns, mind you.
    In all fairness, the second amendment was written hundreds of years ago in a completely different time. It was written when we didn't have any AK47s yet and no NATO. The amendment is heavily outdated and seriously needs....amending, heh.

    Oh and videogame discs do not kill people (unless you get really creative ), AK47s do.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  11. #13061
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Posts
    5,865

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    Apparently building my own can save me upwards of $2,000. Hell yeah I'll make the effort to build my own.
    You won't save that much -- well, unless you're building some NASA supercomputer -- but you should try. Assembling PCs is fun, especially if they work the first time you press power button.

  12. #13062
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    To be completely honest, I wish we did not have the need for guns, save for hunting....but as long as there are those who would do good people harm in the world, then I say let those good people have a chance at preserving their lives, and those of their loved ones with the means necessary.
    The problem with this philosophy of "let's arm everyone to the teeth in the spirit of defense" is that laws don't discriminate those "good people" from the "bad people".

    Hell, even good people murder others with guns.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  13. #13063
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    As for the guns issue...I just came across this image and to me, it honestly makes a lot of sense


    (click image to enlarge)

    Great picture! And very intelligently done, IMHO! It's show precisely, and succinctly, all protestations despite, that some countries really have their priorities severely screwed up!

    As for 'Little Red Riding Hood,' I never even knew she carried a bottle of wine, LOL. Didn't know it as a child; didn't know it as an adult. I won't offend my American friends, but you can imagine what I think about banning her story.
    signature image

  14. #13064
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Guys... it looks like CD has used textures form cgtextures.com for TR9

    Look what I've seen today in the game falling out of the world

    (click image to enlarge)

    Am I allowed to post this, right? D:

  15. #13065
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,378
    I've heard a lot of devs use textures from there. lol at the text tho.

  16. #13066
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    JJ Abrams is going to direct next Star Wars movie. Whaaaaaaat?!!!
    Talk about being late. This is OLD news already

    Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    Whew, man do I not agree with that picture, Driber. It's rather unintelligent, in my opinion. First of all, I do not agree with the concept of banning books to begin with. That is also unintelligent and shelters children from themes, ideas and points of view that they would otherwise not be exposed to. And not exposing yourself to these things is not "protection" because I guarantee that these kids will eventually be exposed to them and confronted by them. The lack of familiarity will leave them unprepared and ill equipped to deal with the things that they or their parents do not agree with.
    That's the thing about censorship. It isn't about protection, it's about control. Of course there's always going to be certain things that offend someone on this or that.

    Anybody is free to simply ignore the material (books, music, TV, magazines, etc..) they find offensive. But no, it's not enough that they keep it away from themselves, they feel they have the authority to decide nobody else should have access to it also.

    It's basically trying to mold the entire world (or at least the local society) to their perspective and morals, and too bad if your opinion differs from the one holding the censor key.


    As for the banning of guns, I don't see that being the same as books. Books (and other forms of media) are a media for ideas. Guns on the other hand are instruments of destruction and in no way are tools for education or communication.

    Look at it this way. You say that removing guns will leave people vulnerable and open society to chaos? Just look at England. Guns are illegal everywhere, even the police aren't armed. And their annual gun mortality rate is much much lower (possibly even the lowest on record) than most anywhere else in the world. Other countries with tighter gun laws share similar death rates. U.S. with the most liberal gun laws has one of the highest gun mortality rates.

    Does anybody think that's just a coincidence?
    signature image

  17. #13067
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Yamatai
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    The problem with this philosophy of "let's arm everyone to the teeth in the spirit of defense" is that laws don't discriminate those "good people" from the "bad people".

    Hell, even good people murder others with guns.
    See Lara for example!
    signature image

  18. #13068
    Quote Originally Posted by digginglara View Post
    Great picture! And very intelligently done, IMHO! It's show precisely, and succinctly, all protestations despite, that some countries really have their priorities severely screwed up!

    As for 'Little Red Riding Hood,' I never even knew she carried a bottle of wine, LOL. Didn't know it as a child; didn't know it as an adult. I won't offend my American friends, but you can imagine what I think about banning her story.
    She carries a bottle of wine in the original "uncut" version of the story.
    In the children's version, she carries a bottle of milk instead.

    At least that's been told in Belgium
    signature image

  19. #13069
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    PCs are definitely more expensive than consoles, but hey, at least I'll know the games will look pretty.
    If you can get them to run (properly), that is

    Quote Originally Posted by XylophoneDealers View Post
    See Lara for example!
    Lara is not a good example. She's a thief who kills whoever and whatever gets in her way of her loot. She's not a good person

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  20. #13070
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    You won't save that much -- well, unless you're building some NASA supercomputer -- but you should try. Assembling PCs is fun, especially if they work the first time you press power button.
    Lol, yeah that was a bit of an exaggeration on my part, but whew, the cost of having people build it for you then shipping it is ridiculous. I'll just use my best friends Google and Youtube, thanks.

    With guns, the entire point of the Second Amendment is not about hunting or even about protecting ourselves from other citizens. It's about protecting ourselves from the government. Driber, you say that it's outdated, but I question how. No one knows when or if the government would ever turn so bad again that it does look to harm its citizens. I'm not saying that one should turn to paranoia and question everything the government does for whether or not it's looking to attack us, but the fact of the matter is, that if such a thing would happen, what on earth would we do about it if we did not have the correct tools?

    Texas literally is also build on a fight for independence. Some Texans can trace their history back to American Revolutionaries and as a culture we remember that we've fought for our independence from the government twice. Does anyone know what the Mexicans tried to do first to bring us back into line back in the Texas Revolutionary War? They tried to take our weapons. Particularly our cannons in order to force an advantage in their favor weapon wise.

    Our culture finds the idea of taking away guns because of the evil and sick ideas of the minority very unsettling. In some cases it is infuriating. Particularly since we are a state that is so self-dependent. We have some very serious issues going on in Texas right now that the government at large refuses to help us with. Now, what I'm about to say is not a stance on immigration, immigration is a part of it, certainly, but my opinion on that is a separate topic as of right now and I won't be going to much into it. Anyway, regardless of whether these people are in Texas legally, we are still feeling the very negative affects Mexican gangs. Particularly on the border, but it leaks very much into our major cities and it is the same in other border states. We have people getting kidnapped, murdered and just generally harmed. And the government would rather argue about the much more less prevalent issue of mass shootings than deal with the fact that Americans, not just Texans are casualties in a gang war that is under reported.

    And remember that these gang members have guns. Guns that come from Mexico. Take away our guns and what exactly are we supposed to do about all this if we are in a position to have been able reach our guns to defend ourselves? Hope that the U.S. government gets its head out of its ass eventually? How about we just hope that those violent gang member that are caught and deported (because God forbid we punish them ourselves for harming a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil) just give up and don't come back?

    Texas at least has had to fight for our rights and our safety from the government, outside threats and our own citizens. Recall the Texas Bell Tower Sniper. A tragedy that should have never have happened in a perfect world. However, it's a sad fact that people will find away to harm one another regardless of whether it's a gun, knife or bomb. This particular sick individual happened to choose a gun. Anyway, while he was ultimately killed by police, does anyone happen to know what some citizens in Austin did? They brought out their own guns and fired back. Keeping the shooter under fire and ultimately helped the police cover the officer that eventually went up to take him down.

    This issue, for our culture anyway, is far more important than hunting for God's sake. The number one reason I see people outside of our state spew as our reason behind protecting the Second Amendment. The arrogance of some, not all, of the people in the North and other places exude and the superiority of their morals is so insulting. Like they could ever think to speak for us in the cases that they try.

    This is important for us. Fact of the matter is, we don't care about the mortality rates in this country as far as guns are concerned because we fear that should the government take any form of gun away from the public, it would have far more dire consequences than getting having the terrible misfortune of getting murdered in the street. Because that's what is behind the idea of gun control. That we are somehow at less risk of getting murdered some where, some how, by taking away guns. Never mind the other ways of killing a person. Never mind that not all of us are so paranoid and fearful of each other that we see a gunman on every face we pass on the sidewalk.

    Should it ever come to pass, there are many, many people here that will see the amendment of the Second Amendment as an act of hostility by the government. I don't think people understand how frustrated Texans are by the government, and not just the Obama administration but also with Congress and the Supreme Court. While the minority of Texans are behind a secession movement, most of us do not like the direction of where this country is headed. We do not like how our safety has been largely ignored for years and that the government has the gall to suggest that they will make us safer by taking our guns. Like they even cared to begin with as far as we are concerned. Who knows how we will ultimately react if gun control ultimately passed as a nation? I can guarantee that we won't greet it with smiles, that's for sure.

    I will not pretend to know the popular opinions of other states. I think many people outside the United States do not fully realize how having so many states affects the nation sociologically. While we may agree with other states or disagree, it can be for a variety of different opinions and that is the whole point of allowing states to make our own laws. If some states from the North wants to de-arm themselves, have at it. But do not think that we agree or that we want to live like y'all. Leave it to us to decide what we want to do because y'all have no idea of our state of mind, or opinions, our culture and our own sense of safety behind our decision. To make an ultimate decision on the matter for us all is foolish, arrogant and misguided. Texas is capable of making our own choices.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

  21. #13071
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    lol. PC has far more "always online crap" than consoles do

    And good luck saving money with PC gaming
    I don't know. I've seen my brothers run through plenty of Xbox 360's altogether.

    That's a lot of money, not to mention the Xbox Live subscription, the necessary accessories (that should've been packed with the 360 from the beginning), the overpriced and more expensive games, some people run through consoles because they tend to die a lot on you, especially the 360.

    Yet my friends' PC is years old and runs games better and more efficiently than each respective console, not to mention cheaper games (amazing steam deals, indie bundle - 4+ games for only a few £/$, etc), also no online gaming subscriptions, big range of Free 2 Play titles if you don't like spending money, LOTS of options.

    I think overall, the expenses that come alongside a console tend to level up to the expenses of running a PC if you're not a tech enthusiast who always needs the latest GPU/CPU's and you're careful when spending your cash when the sales are on.
    signature image

  22. #13072
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I don't know. I've seen my brothers run through plenty of Xbox 360's altogether.
    I've never had a console die on me in my entire life. And I've been gaming for quite a while

    I'd just avoid M$ products. Xbox has a terrible failure rate :/

    That's a lot of money, not to mention the Xbox Live subscription
    PSN is free. I would never, ever, ever pay to play a game online.

    I think overall [...]
    Problem is, there is no "overall". You just listed SO many variables (which I'm not going to quote and respond to; we'll get in an endless loop ), and they can both work in one's advantage or in one's disadvantage.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  23. #13073
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Yamatai
    Posts
    1,170
    I just had a thought: In the Guinness World Records Book 2011, Tomb Raider Underworld won the "Most Detailed In Game Video Game Character" with Lara Croft herself. I think it had approximately 32,000 polygons.

    But what about this game? Now, it does look so much more aesthetically beautiful and the environments are gorgeous - but what if Lara? Has she downgraded, upgraded? Does she still hold the title?
    signature image

  24. #13074
    Unfortunately, I must withdraw because I cannot speak my mind.

    I will part by simply saying: JRod, another great post!
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

  25. #13075
    Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I don't know. I've seen my brothers run through plenty of Xbox 360's altogether.

    That's a lot of money, not to mention the Xbox Live subscription, the necessary accessories (that should've been packed with the 360 from the beginning), the overpriced and more expensive games, some people run through consoles because they tend to die a lot on you, especially the 360.

    Yet my friends' PC is years old and runs games better and more efficiently than each respective console, not to mention cheaper games (amazing steam deals, indie bundle - 4+ games for only a few £/$, etc), also no online gaming subscriptions, big range of Free 2 Play titles if you don't like spending money, LOTS of options.

    I think overall, the expenses that come alongside a console tend to level up to the expenses of running a PC if you're not a tech enthusiast who always needs the latest GPU/CPU's and you're careful when spending your cash when the sales are on.
    PS3 and Wii (poor Wii lol) are budget friendly consoles. PS3 has much more value than a 360 right out of the box, or rather saves you a lot more trouble and money than 360 does.

    Main reasons I don't get a 360:
    • xBox Live membership
    • Battery packs that use two double A batteries
    signature image

Page 523 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 234234735135195205215225235245255265275335736231023 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •