Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Lol. Still rumors, so don't get on the hype train just yet. ;]

gematsu.com/2013/01/surprise-scoop-on-lo...

TGS is in September. O.o lol.

Yeah... I am keeping my expectations in check. But imagine if it is Versus. Then I was sooooo right ;p.

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    Pretty sure at this point that is not the case.

It would be too late to get something together and the press to an event like that at the last minute.
    this game makes the wait for ff12 look easy

I wouldn't count on TGS. It turned into an expo dedicated to mobile and social gaming.

Originally Posted by Chrono Cross

I wouldn't count on TGS. It turned into an expo dedicated to mobile and social gaming.

KH 1.5 HD was announced there last year. So did FF X HD the year before that. They are HD remasters, but still new games.

How on earth can you announce a title for the public and dont have a complete product 7 years later?

And why can't they open their mouth and give us some information about why the games delayed for so long? I bet SE put all their developers on creating A Realm Reborn with haste, so FFXIV would not be remembered as a failure....

Next week is the two year anniversary of the last piece of media we got on Final Fantasy Versus XIII...

When's the 8 year anniversary? :/

Originally Posted by Joakim

How on earth can you announce a title for the public and dont have a complete product 7 years later?

And why can't they open their mouth and give us some information about why the games delayed for so long? I bet SE put all their developers on creating A Realm Reborn with haste, so FFXIV would not be remembered as a failure....

As a person who wants A Realm Reborn to succeed, I hope that is the case considering the scale of that MMO. They seem to be going in order.

There is no order :/

If there was an order then Versus should have come out first even before XIII-2. FNC was announced at the start not to have any ports or sequels. They went back on their word.

I guess so, but from a marketing perspective by the ones currently announced, I think their is one.

@PshycoNinja: Every time I look at your signature it makes me sad. Now I'll go and watch every trailler released. Again.

@Kazzie

My logic is that it would make more sense to talk about the game now (ie have a new trailer) then wait until we are closer to XIV and LR's release dates or until after they're released. That wouldn't make sense.

If Versus stealing the spotlight from the other two really is the reason then reason would suggest to do some media on it now so as to not take any attention closer to release of the other two.

@Vitor

............... ( ._.)

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

@Kazzie

My logic is that it would make more sense to talk about the game now (ie have a new trailer) then wait until we are closer to XIV and LR's release dates or until after they're released. That wouldn't make sense.

If Versus stealing the spotlight from the other two really is the reason then reason would suggest to do some media on it now so as to not take any attention closer to release of the other two.

@Vitor

............... ( ._.)

Then why didn't they talk about it in the past year? How is it different from talking now and talking then?

Hey Everyone,

I Understand the Frustration of wanting this game so badly, as we can all clearly tell, this is their Golden Egg, This is what people have been yearning for since FF7 FF8 FF10- which most consider to be ground breaking or just the most amazing storys they have experienced and thats what we Love about these games most, the story, the characters, the antaganist ( Shinra, Jenova,Sephiroth, ) (Seifer, Edea, Galabadia Garden, Ultimecia..you get the idea)

Honestly I think more or less (this is an opinion based on nothing more than my own ideas and thoughts) This is Squares Trump Card Right Now, Release your MMO Release the Final Fantasy 13-3 Lightning Returns...And when or If it seems like all is looking Bleak Give the Fans exactly what they all been begging for, they know we want it, they know we want it bad..Because we told them so. And Perhaps they Have A Fear..Looking At FFvs13 they may be wondering..WTF do we do after this? (I Still Want To see Final Fantasy Series take a Space Direction Eventually somehow)

Lastly all this may be B.S. Perhaps they are working on it even more to make it exactly what we want..the most badass RPG we have ever played (hopefully) they have continued to learn things between 13 and 13-2 and im sure more with 13-3...I have decided i dont care when it comes out AS LONG AS IT COMES OUT. I can keep busy with work, Guitar Work, and Beta testing Games, and giving other games a try, or platinum some games i havn't yet.

Patience is hard, but the more you seek something it seems the farther away it is, want it less and it will seem like it arrives faster, and imagine the day when we get our grubby hands on it at midnight probably mildly speeding home with that fkn excitement and grin ready to put the disc in and get immersed in Your background, Your story, whats happening, Whats really Happening, and the Journey and fun begin. A Reward I can Wait For...If it takes time to Produce The Kind Of Game Im Hoping FFvs13 is then so be it take all the time needed, better than a fast produced game lacking good mechanics, a ****y story, glitches, poor gameplay, and not enough interest or sidequests or powerful bosses to test my skills upon.

A gross amount of rumors swirling about Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Lets see if anything happens!!!

"Still currently in development."

jpgames.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SE...

Yup... They have been saying that for a while...

I'm sure we're approaching to something. The PS3/X360 generation is about to end. Unless they're planning to shift it to next gen, they have to release it by the end of this year or 2014 at most. They wouldn't put a song in Theatrhythm if they're planning to cancel it.

I feel like we could be on the verge of something big here soon.

gematsu.com/2013/01/surprise-scoop-on-lo...

hokanko-alt.ldblog.jp/archives/67777351....

Possible info on Versus XIII on 22nd Jan in Jump Magazine?

Also, the thing about Amazon Japan changing Versus XIII to a tentative title seems to suggest that a name change is imminent.

I want news on this game so very much... Square needs to stop spitting on its fans and give us something, even if it is only a screenshot. I haven't been this hyped for a game since BBS. Just like I have done with VXIII, I watched the BBS trailer very frequently.

mynintendonews.com/2013/01/14/famitsu-li...

Final Fantasy Versus XIII beats out a lot of other games as the most anticipated Japanese game.

www.i-mezzo.net/log/2013/01/14185600.htm...

So PlayStation 4 might be announced in May?

Originally Posted by Orion Reeves
    Hey Everyone,

I Understand the Frustration of wanting this game so badly, as we can all clearly tell, this is their Golden Egg, This is what people have been yearning for since FF7 FF8 FF10- which most consider to be ground breaking or just the most amazing storys they have experienced and thats what we Love about these games most, the story, the characters, the antaganist ( Shinra, Jenova,Sephiroth, ) (Seifer, Edea, Galabadia Garden, Ultimecia..you get the idea)

Honestly I think more or less (this is an opinion based on nothing more than my own ideas and thoughts) This is Squares Trump Card Right Now, Release your MMO Release the Final Fantasy 13-3 Lightning Returns...And when or If it seems like all is looking Bleak Give the Fans exactly what they all been begging for, they know we want it, they know we want it bad..Because we told them so. And Perhaps they Have A Fear..Looking At FFvs13 they may be wondering..WTF do we do after this? (I Still Want To see Final Fantasy Series take a Space Direction Eventually somehow)

Lastly all this may be B.S. Perhaps they are working on it even more to make it exactly what we want..the most badass RPG we have ever played (hopefully) they have continued to learn things between 13 and 13-2 and im sure more with 13-3...I have decided i dont care when it comes out AS LONG AS IT COMES OUT. I can keep busy with work, Guitar Work, and Beta testing Games, and giving other games a try, or platinum some games i havn't yet.

Patience is hard, but the more you seek something it seems the farther away it is, want it less and it will seem like it arrives faster, and imagine the day when we get our grubby hands on it at midnight probably mildly speeding home with that fkn excitement and grin ready to put the disc in and get immersed in Your background, Your story, whats happening, Whats really Happening, and the Journey and fun begin. A Reward I can Wait For...If it takes time to Produce The Kind Of Game Im Hoping FFvs13 is then so be it take all the time needed, better than a fast produced game lacking good mechanics, a ****y story, glitches, poor gameplay, and not enough interest or sidequests or powerful bosses to test my skills upon.

you are correct. i suggest people move on to other things (games, sports, having a life). they are probably afraid that it will not be a good a game as we all hope for. they are scared that they will get the same fan hate as Mass Effect 3 got. So they are taking their time. I think that FFv13 is their last hope for a good game after that if they fail no one will ever take them seriously.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

"Still currently in development."

jpgames.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SE...

They need to stop saying that and say something about the game that we actually want to hear. No more "in development" BS.

Wow I never thought people would defend 7 years of programming so heavenly when back in the days of ps1, as someone mentioned before I added this post, it was a yearly event full of moogles, chocobos, and magical stories people use to devour! Keep in mind, everything I said was in my opinion and not based off of actual facts (however, I did so some research since I have been waiting a long time for FFv13). Understand my post were really meant for Square-Enix to read since they suggest from time to time they read what their fans want or what they've been saying, hence, the reason why I even posted an angry post to begin with. I started my gaming career with Final Fantasy I. Of course as any hardcore gamer would do, I have gone to other companies to fill the void square-enix did so elegantly in the 90s, but this isnt 1997 and Squaresoft do not have the same crew members, so maybe my demands are a bit too much for the people who work there now; i'm sure the newbies who have taken over the company wants to continue the tradition of great final fantasy games, all I am saying within the last couple titles, orginiality have not been top notch as of what they use to be, nor do I expect it to ever return to their roots; lets be honest, one of the main men of the final fantasy series left the company to make his own, so the spirit of the series will never be the same, and honestly, I shouldn't expect his return or products like he created. I think they should re-create final fantasy with more stories like they use to, but thats a far fetch dream too.

Beyond the rant I made a bit ago, I do have hope for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, I just hope they get their acts together with newer final fantasies or at least bring back some old school games with new, updated graphics!!

Page 90 of 99 First First ... 4080868788899091929394 ... Last