Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

I think you all should wait for official words from the company and not some baseless rumor out of a gaming website.

Does anyone actually have an account with that website so we can read what exactly is going on? If nobody does, then who knows what Patent 35:271 is? Without all the pieces it's pointless to get worked up about this.

@Fire

You are very right sir. And a website that basically survives off of rumours.

@Fire

This website does break a lot of rumors. They are usually first with all leaks with games. Like how they got the entire story for MW3 before it was even announced. They got some good sources. Which is the reason why this is so concerning. Why didn't Square say something more substantial when contacted by Kotaku? It seems very shady and (as you see) is upsetting a lot of the fans on here.

I really hope the game is not cancelled because I've been looking forward to it.

You can search it, I just did. The document for fileing is online. I searched and a 35:271 is apparently copyright infringment. Can anybody expand at all?

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    @Fire This website does break a lot of rumors. They are usually first with all leaks with games. Like how they got the entire story for MW3 before it was even announced. They got some good sources. Which is the reason why this is so concerning. Why didn't Square say something more substantial when contacted by Kotaku? It seems very shady and (as you see) is upsetting a lot of the fans on here.

Well, I'm pretty sure Kotaku didn't speak with any higher ups. It was probabily some costume service and those people don't now about anything important, just answer all the questions by some rule book.

I'm not an expert on gaming rumors, since I started reading more sites recently. But, by reading Neogaf tread about this rumors what I got is:
    1 - A lot of people don't find rumors from Kotaku trustworthy. First because who posted it. Secondly something related to "needing of hits" on the site. People said all that even considering that they surely guessed something right in the past

2 - Some member from Neogaf, Kaguri, I think she was called that, had some information contrary to this. Saying that we would see something, probably gameplay at TGS. People also said that she also got some rumors wrong in the past, but, in general, gave her sources some credibility.

Overall people trusted Kaguri over Kotaku, so adding all the information I posted earlier I think the rumor is, at most, some misinterpretation on Versus new name. But, in the end, can be really nothing.

In the end a lot of these rumors are plain guessing, and, just because you guessed something right, once in a while, doesn't mean you really have true inside connections. Sure, from times to times there are real leaks, but these sites live on news, if they don't have one, let's make a rumor. If it don't turn to be true, they don't sweat, as it was labeled as rumor.

Yeah , Don't Believe it until TGS . Kotaku is untrustworthy. I wonder why the rumour about Versus cancellation is made public on most sites while Game Master rumour isn't

Originally Posted by Fire

I think you all should wait for official words from the company and not some baseless rumor out of a gaming website.

Thank You, I can't describe how seeing all these people across the internet are taking proclaimed rumors as fact is making me feel.

This news is pretty unbearable, I remember first hearing about FFVXIII when I got my FFXII Collector's Edition and I have been looking forward to it ever since, if this is true, how and why would they throw away progress for 6+ years of work?

I don't buy it at all. It most definitely is a rumor. Versus is still trademarked, the official website is still up. Just be patient. This will all clear up in time. They wouldn't just cancel it, it doesn't make sense from a business perspective or logically.

The website still active as well, so we have hope.

If this rumor were to be true, I see this as Square Enix's way of coming out of the closet and saying their not interested in making video games like Squaresoft or Enix, and they want to make CGI action movies. With all of the flashy action that I see in Square Enix games and not in actual gameplay (Dirge of Cerberus, Final Fantasy XIII), I won't be surprised.
    They've been slacking on the Fabula Nova Crystallis project: taking Agito XIII and changing the name so that I'm now unsure of whether it is a part of the project anymore; and putting Versus XIII six entire years in development. Remember Duke Nukem 3D? Awesome game, but the sequel Duke Nukem Forever just took to long to release, and the sales went to crap after the hype of its release. Nothing but a perfect game will be able to compensate for years of anticipation. And eight months after saying they were to localize Type-0 to NA and PAL regions, Square has yet to keep us in the loop of what's going on.
    This rumor is either true or false, but here's the important part:
    Rumor is true: I personally have given up all hope for Square Enix and Final Fantasy, but will continue to play Final Fantasy XI, because it is the only game I currently see worthwhile. Make your own opinion.
    Rumor is false: Someone finally has the guts to challenge Square Enix to contradict their statement, and come out with proof that they are working hard on their projects.
    That's all I have to contribute to this.

Originally Posted by CorvoAtano
    Originally Posted by Zachiro

Originally Posted by xbox360x3

square enix please make an official publish about the development of FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII and if it was cancelled why you took that decision.

I SECOND THIS REQUEST!

Me too.

You know, there should also be this Trolino pic saying:

"SQUARE ENIX"

"Y U NO GIVE VERSUS XIII"

I agree with the statements above, they cant allow this to go on, SE, we are waiting for some information, any information concerning Versus.

Yes somebody from the company must come out and say that these rumours are false instead of keeping us all worried.

@Fuego can tell us if you see information soon??? with a yes is enough, because then that will be at TGS

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner

This news is pretty unbearable, I remember first hearing about FFVXIII when I got my FFXII Collector's Edition and I have been looking forward to it ever since, if this is true, how and why would they throw away progress for 6+ years of work?

Maybe they cancel "Versus" to Invest in Lighting Saga

Here is the info about the 35:271 Patent Infringement.

www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/35/271

I have a feeling that this has something to do with the western part of Square Enix.

Originally Posted by CorvoAtano

Here is the info about the 35:271 Patent Infringement.

www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/35/271

I have a feeling that this has something to do with the western part of Square Enix.

still might effect SE as a whole.....idk about you guys but this is the closest we have th the totally unrelated t hing that stopped nomura for talking fo like 3 months now....

Originally Posted by Azure

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner

Maybe they cancel "Versus" to Invest in Lighting Saga

dude...

really..?

dont even suggest SE could be that stupid....-_-...but that wholthing about someoe getting asource straight from nomura saying he's hard at work and SE's gonna be be at TGS with info on Versus is starting to grow alittle....alittle nind you...still not big enough to contest with that damn cancelation rumor! [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif[/img]

Originally Posted by Arriath

Yes somebody from the company must come out and say that these rumours are false instead of keeping us all worried.

can we blow up their phones???

for those ofyou who dont know what that means..

"blow up their phones" means to frequently call in mass numbers

www.square-enix.com/jp/company/e/locatio... here is the link given graciously by goj....goh....the guy whosname starts with a G and has the main charcter from deux ex HR as his picture

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    That announcement has something to do with XIII-3 or "Lightning Saga" which I personally have no interest in but hey more power to you guys. Let's focus back onto the topic of Final Fantasy Versus XIII .

hey you never know i mean Nomura's surprised us before remember? so dont totally count out the anniversary week.

also that rumor about nomura responding saying its not cacnelled and hes hard at work on it and it'lll be at TGS gives my h opes up about the thing saying theyre giving the realease date at TGS....*tries sending subliminal messages to nomura via thought*...nomura...if you can ehar meee....heelp us before our hair falls ooout....XDDDD

thedailypixel.com/2012/07/21/final-fanta...

Yoichi Wada, President and CEO of Square Enix, revealed that he took the decision to pull the plug on the project after the development team also admitted that they had no idea what the game was actually supposed to be about, having previously assumed they were creating a homoerotic web-series.???

WHAT THE ?! ARE YOU KIDDING?!

SOME PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEAAAASE GET SQUARE ENIX TO SAY SOMETHING!!

like they just LIED on the CEO of SQUARE ENIX!

THEY CANT IGNORE THAT!!

Originally Posted by Arriath

www.square-enix.com/jp/company/e/locatio... here is the link given graciously by goj....goh....the guy whosname starts with a G and has the main charcter from deux ex HR as his picture

stay calm and act politely . We are adult already . Don't act like a little kid just because of something you don't expect

It's Gonjame.

Page 26 of 99 First First ... 162223242526272829303676 ... Last