Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

CANCELLED because they want a another failure like FF XIII-2,3,4,5,6

Is it true that Versus has been canceled? Someone contact Nomura please.... The internet is blowing up.

Originally Posted by imported_Eric
    CANCELLED because they want a another failure like FF XIII-2,3,4,5,6
    Right now thats just a rumor we are all hoping is NOT true, please make more constructive posts, rather than posts that seem as though they are meant to start long un necessary arguments, thanks.

Originally Posted by Zachiro
    Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    I know why they named it that but how many people really know that. Etro in XIII and Etro in Versus are different beings. They do not connect with each other. I don't think changing the name will screw the actual game itself. The name of a game only affects one thing and one thing only: sales.

SOMETHING REALLY BAD JSUT HAPPENED!!!

www.examiner.com/article/report-final-fa...

TELL ME IT ISNT TRUE! IM SO SCARED IT FEELS LIKE IM GONNA THROW UP!! SE DOESNT CANCEL GAMES RIGHT?! HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!
    Theres a thread we have made just for this question and are hoping that an SE official can confirm on our forum or not, but its currently just a rumor.

It would seem like the news is spreading like wildfire now, but its still just a rumor. Common, can some one from SE post on this issue???

I just saw that information just now on a FFVXIII fansite on Facebook. I hope it's not true I've been looking forward to it for too long. How could they just throw away so much work anyways?

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner
    I just saw that information just now on a FFVXIII fansite on Facebook. I hope it's not true I've been looking forward to it for too long. How could they just throw away so much work anyways?
    Thats what we are waiting on, we want an SE official to give us some info on whats going on. This literally ruined my day.

They're not neccasarilly throwing it all away. Like someone else said, perhaps they used parts of the battle system or even plot for FFXV.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

@Squall

That would be a bastardization of what was already working. I was looking forward to everything in the game. I don't want bits and pieces of the game in FFXV. I want it to be FFXV.

Originally Posted by imported_Eric
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I had this on pre-order. THE ONE game that looked like it had great potential to be better than FFVII and you trash it? WOW just wow no one wants to buy FFXIII-3,4,5,6,7.
    FFXIII-2 was CRAP let's just all admit it. IT was terrible I couldn't even stand playing it after 2 hours. LUCKYILY I rented it, just like FFXIII which was barely bearable to get through.

Just remake FFI through FFIX because all you make now is garbage. The Final Fantasy name is getting dragged through the mud congrats.

kotaku.com/5927645/rumor-final-fantasy-v...
    If this news is true, I have never been more depressed by the actions of my favorite game company Square-Enix. This game had so much potential and the realistic tone with superior graphics made with the luminos engine and the Kingdom hearts dev. team - Please make this not true for I have never been so excited for a final fantasy game since I saw the trailer for Versus XIII in 2006.

@Squall That would be a bastardization of what was already working. I was looking forward to everything in the game. I don't want bits and pieces of the game in FFXV. I want it to be FFXV.

I still want Versus XIII as well. I've been keeping up with it since 2006. That's why if this is true and the game actually did get abandoned I would rather it not be a waste and instead be applied towards the next game. If this is fake then GOOD. We may still get Versus XIII.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

NOOOO! Square no! I was still in middle school when you announnced this! I've been looking foward to this game for a very long time! Dont do it! please no, ima freaking out!!!

I wouldn't mind Versus XIII becoming a GCI movie. So it's no problem for me if this were true but it would great to watch the fan base rage.

oooooh got an idea how about, everyone with Theatrythm buying the Somnus song, so that it draws Square's attention, i got it despite hating dlc.

I'm going to GameStop right now and canceling every single game I have pre-ordered from Square Enix. Because if this is true they don't deserve my money. And until something is said from Squeri Enix I will not preorder anything else from them.

That a nightmare if true ...

oh god, just ran through the house saying it's cancelled, my sister is now crying!

What have you done Square!!!

In less than four hours every media outlet has written or has said something about this story. Square needs to get on top of this. they can't keep feeding us that we cannot comment on versus at the moment BS. they need to come out otherwise this is just going to spread even bigger and affect their stock and can affect all preorders.

In less than four hours every media outlet has written or has said something about this story. Square needs to get on top of this. they can't keep feeding us that we cannot comment on versus at the moment BS. they need to come out otherwise this is just going to spread even bigger and affect their stock and can affect all preorders.
    The speed at which the information has spread should be enough alone to show how much Versus is wanted over XIII-3 or whtever project they are planning for Lightening, am not saying they shouldnt, but they really need to sort out the Issues with versus first, and this being an "Official"SE site, we should get some clarification f way before any info hits other parts of the web. SE if you guys are seeing whats happening, DO SOMETHING!!!!

They need to come out and say something, I dont think a rumor like this concerning a AAA title is something they can just leave alone.

Originally Posted by Syn

I know why they named it that but how many people really know that. Etro in XIII and Etro in Versus are different beings. They do not connect with each other. I don't think changing the name will screw the actual game itself. The name of a game only affects one thing and one thing only: sales.

TELL ME IT ISNT TRUE! IM SO SCARED IT FEELS LIKE IM GONNA THROW UP!! SE DOESNT CANCEL GAMES RIGHT?! HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Theres a thread we have made just for this question and are hoping that an SE official can confirm on our forum or not, but its currently just a rumor.

give me the link please and hopefully sept1, the date of the FF 25th anniversary will answer all of our questions....

Originally Posted by Syn

give me the link please and hopefully sept1, the date of the FF 25th anniversary will answer all of our questions....
    Here it is, na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235...

As well as a support thread:

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235...

Originally Posted by Syn

They need to come out and say something, I dont think a rumor like this concerning a AAA title is something they can just leave alone.

YOU GUYS THERE STILL HOPE! OUT OF THE DARKNESS SE HAS GAVE US A GLIMEMR OF LIGHT MADE OF HPOE! www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/11861...

THE FINAL FANTASY 25TH ANNVIERSARY ON SEPT 1ST! WE TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT! plus i read on FXN that theyre gonna have a stage soley for final fantasy xiii where they gonna give some info! THERES HOPE! SE WONT LET US DOWN ^^

If Sq-En hasn't said anything yet with all the fuss that's going on, I'm afraid there's only one conclussion.

This kind of news hurts the company's image so, if they could they would've said something to stop the rumors and they haven't so...

If this is true, I might as well never play or pay for any other Square Enix ever again. That said. There is no way that SE should care about Sleeping Dogs, Hitman, and Tomb Raider, but not Versus XIII. This is too damn ridiculous.

Page 20 of 99 First First ... 101617181920212223243070 ... Last