Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

I really wish that in the original version of FF 13 story that they left the links to the other series in there. I would have loved it if somehow at the end of one of the games possibly the last one made (Versus in this case) they had you use the characters from the other series and had DLC or just made it that you would or could use Type 0 and Versus characters in FF 13 and vice versa.

Originally Posted by RoyalJam

I really wish that in the original version of FF 13 story that they left the links to the other series in there. I would have loved it if somehow at the end of one of the games possibly the last one made (Versus in this case) they had you use the characters from the other series and had DLC or just made it that you would or could use Type 0 and Versus characters in FF 13 and vice versa.

This is not a fan service . It will only destroy the game and turn it into a trash so no

Originally Posted by Azure

This is not a fan service . It will only destroy the game and turn it into a trash so no

Yes, your right. It would be too hard too pull off, still I wish there was more of connection apart from the mythology.

Yes, your right. It would be too hard too pull off, still I wish there was more of connection apart from the mythology.

Maybe when Final Fantasy 30th anniversary , we can see something interest.

Originally Posted by Jalian

Originally Posted by Zachiro

Originally Posted by Fire
    I thought this might interest a good lot of you. From GameInformer:

he already said its from game informer guys...and incase you ahvent noticed...gameinformer likes bashing

Final Fantasy....they did it to XIV, XIII, and XIII-2 -_-

so honestly theres no point in relying on GI to tell everything about it...

I don't remember them bashing XIII... didn't read the reviews for the other two, but I don't remember them bashing FF13... it got a 9.25/10, which isn't bad at all.

And they aren't reviewing Versus 13. They are looking for news. Whether they like or dislike the series does not have any effect on how credible they are as an information source.

they bashed the story line and game play before that though calling it boring and linear...GI is a hypocritical mazagine sometimes....but atleast theyre willing to mention it...i have to admit though i only read GI to find out about new games that i might like...plus i honestly like how XIV is..i wanna play it but i dont have the money for it..x.x....but anyway..im a diehard fan of Square enix and Final fantasy cuz in my opinion they never disappoint when it comes to FF so versus is gonna roooock ^^

See here's the thing, I just want Square give us a tease or something to let people know that an announcement or trailer or a live demo is on the way. Their marketing team doesn't need to get involved. It won't affect marketing of other games (this was quite the weak excuse on Squares part) and it will pull back in people who gave up. All Square needs to do is put out like a 30 second teaser (remember TGS 2010) before TGS or say "Yeah we will have some announcements for Versus XIII at this years _____" and just like that they will have us wrapped around their fingers again. They need to do it soon though because fans are tired of waiting.

With all of the talk of Etro and elements of XIII's philosophy, I think it belongs as Versus XIII. I think it would be a poor marketing move for them to abandon a fairly well known title six years in the making and call it XV instead.

@Pshyco: 3 for generation is true since ever XD I, II and III for NES (or Famicon, if you prefer). I also agree that we should get XV for this generation. You shouldn't mess with tradition. So, if they don't have another FF game almost ready for release, let Versus be the godamn XV. It has potential to make people stop complaining about XIII and a) say that SE is on rails again or, b) swear a lot more and say that Nomura is a terrible writter/director/designer. Because, you know, not everybody like his work like you and I do XD There's always people talking about the Emo kids from KH, how every character he designs has at least three belts, pink hair and things like that :P

@Coddlefish

Taken from interviews with Nomura and Square and in the thread "Everything we know about Versus XIII":

"Most importantly, Final Fantasy Versus XIII will follow the Fabula Nova Crystallis Mythology, but does not take place in Final Fantasy XIII's universe." -Square Enix

"Etro is worshiped in the game and it is a fal’Cie. This is not to be confused with Etro from FFXIII, even though they are very similar. Two different universes here." -Nomura

"Final Fantasy Versus XIII is focus around the “Fabula Nova Crystallis” myth. It does not take place in the same universe as Final Fantasy XIII does and is Tetsuya Nomura's interpretation of the myth." -Square Enix

As you can clearly see, Versus XIII has virtually no connections to XIII. The only connections they have is some terminology and the XIII in Versus XIII.

And honestly with how bad of a rep XIII and XIII-2 have I think it would be a terrible marketing move to keep the name and a great marketing move to name it XV.

Let's be honest here, regardless if the next numbered Final Fantasy is the worst one of all, the name alone FINAL FANTASY XV will sell better than FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII. That is just how the series is. I don't think the XIII name belongs in the title. The only viable move for Square (if they want their money back of course for how much they have spent on development) is to name it FINAL FANTASY XV.

@Vitor

Glad to see someone is on the same page as me ^_^. There is a lot of factors in play here and I only see for Square one LOGICAL way to do this.

I'm still going to disagree; I never said Versus took place in XIII's universe, but the mythos remains pretty similar. With it being part of FNC, I see it as the perfect foil title to XIII, hence "versus."

Even then the mythos isn't the same. Terminologies are even different. A fal'cie in XIII's universe is completely different from what a fal'cie in Versus XIII. The two game literally have nothing in common. Hence why I bolded the whole "this is Nomura's interpretation of the mythos". The very core of the mythos is different from XIII. the only thing they literally share in common is what every main entry Final Fantasy is supposed to do: moogles, chocobos and Gil.

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

I don't think this game is vaporware. There was a lot of "extenuating circumstances". So it personally bugs me when media (like IGN) says that the game is vaporware. I wish SE had a day where they sent demos to the media or demoed the game in front of media to prove them wrong. Listen to the end of this weeks IGN PlayStation podcast: Podcast Beyond (my favorite podcast actually) and see how they call the game vaporware and say its canceled even though we know better.

@Lorielle

Toriyama said that. And I am not exactly his biggest fan.

what do you have against toriyama??? o.o...im personally a Nomura fan cuz hes the one who gives most of the updates on games and stuff ^^ but im a fan of SE period cuz they as a whole make Final Fantasy not jsut one person, not jsut Nobuo, nomura, toriyama but the entire Team Final Fantasy and all of Square Enix ^^ FINAL FANTASY FOREVER!! ^^

I like Square too it's just the games he has directed don't really do it for me personally. X-2, XII: Revenant Wings, XIII and XIII-2 are the games he has directed by himself so far. He just doesn't seem to have the same creative spark that drives guys like Nomura, Kitase, Tabata and Ito.

Yeah I am a huge fan of Nomura because he is so down to earth and tries to update people as much as he is allowed to by Square. No game he has had some sort of creative control over has disappointed me. KH, TWEWY and Compilation FFVII (Advent Children, FFVII, Crisis Core) he has had a lot of control over. That's why I am such a huge fan of his ^_^.

From NeoGAF (The biggest forum out there). This is the general consensus on the forums:

Kagari says:

"

<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="quotearea">

-But then again, could it be renamed as FFXV at this point? What I didn't understand about this game, is why did they name it FF Versus XIII? What is the Versus about? It's not a fighting game as I saw on the first trailer.
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

This is actually an excellent post that magnifies, what I believe, is a significant problem with the project's name.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

We all know Square-Enix have gotten really... bizarre... with their naming habits, but this is the first one that may actually damage the actual product. This isn't a shot at XIII (which I liked), but it's hard to argue the public perception of FFXIII. I really have to believe it's the reason 'Agito XIII' was removed from the PSP game.
    That's just one part of it.
    I'm sure there are a lot of people like chris3116 that will look at the name and scratch their heads wondering "what the is this? Some kind of Final Fantasy Fighting game?" It's just a strange, confusing title. Surely S-E has internal focus groups that have said the same thing, right?

It seems S-E (and especially Nomura) are having a blast coming up with the most confusing, asinine names possible for their projects... and I don't think it's that bad for their portable titles to attract attention (video game water-cooler conversations?), but I just don't feel they can risk a title this big, this important, to ride on an obscure, awkward name.

Then again, I'm in the camp that also feels like a 'sub' name, like Type 0, gives off the impression that it's a side-project or something. For the time, money, and air of importance this game will likely give off, renaming it Final Fantasy XV would be the smartest move, IMO. *shrug*"

Rahxephon91 says:

"

<tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="quotearea">
    -It's not that hard to understand. It's a counterpart to FFXIII... another XIII if you will. Going against XIII... Nomura's vision of FFXIII, etc.
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Yeah becuase the average dude pre-ordering his games at Gamestop is going to know this."

Another good point from NeoGaf:

TheJollyCorner says:

"

<tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="quotearea">
    -It's not that hard to understand. It's a counterpart to FFXIII... another XIII if you will. Going against XIII... Nomura's vision of FFXIII, etc.
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Nomura's vision of the myths.
    So why can't those myths (fal'cie, etc.) just become part of Final Fantasy's normal mythology? Why the stubborn desire to connect it, even vaguely, to XIII unless it has a much stronger connection than Nomura and co. have lead us to believe?

On top of that, does the average consumer even know who the hell Nomura is? How would his 'vision' of FFXIII even be considered a selling point as a counter to title confusion?

I can imagine in 2005/2006, in the creation stages, S-E thought FFXIII would be their next massive success and the Fabula Nova Crystallis would be a huge deal. It made sense back then. It would start with 3 vastly different games, gain momentum, and build from there.

It's clear they were anticipating this whole thing to be a game changer.
    Here we are 6 years later. The truth is the vision has flopped.

What's the point of that particular name now, other than confusion? chris3116's post is definitely not the first I've seen sharing those same concerns and questions.
    The best argument I can see (as far as not adapting it to be FFXV) is that the gameplay will be so different that it won't work as a mainline FF. I'm a FF 'traditionist', so I'm ok with that excuse... but how does everyone else feel? It meets all the other criteria for a mainline FF: totally unique setting/story/characters, ambitious scope, massive budget/production values.

Look, I'm damn excited for the game one way or another, and to me a name is just a name. I just feel like chris3116's post shows that S-E should seriously be considering re-branding this thing. It's been out of the spotlight for so long that I honestly can't see a downside to renaming it. I only use FFXV as an example of a bold way to garner the most immediate attention to a game S-E desperately needs to succeed..................... and get their 3 mainline FF titles in this generation and keep tradition going. "

Time has really passed for us waiting for this game. I agree with people wanting a new video / trailer on the game's progress or a tease. But if SE have no plans on that for awhile, how about a picture. A Picture of a character from the game, probably a pic of somebody's hand or foot, a pic of a character's nose or fingernail, a pic of a character's hair style....or a pic of some in-game grass swaying in the wind....

All joking aside, what I'm really trying to say is that SE should release something, to keep the fan's spirits up ^_^

@primera7777

See heres the thing, they don't even need to show us a trailer of in game footage. An easier way (if this if it's so hard for them to get footage from the game) they can just get Nomura on camera and then have him say something to the effect of "the game is progressing very nicely I'm grateful for all your guys patience and please wait we will be giving out more info sometime this year". That's all they really need to do. They don't even need to do something overly complicated as shoot a trailer they just need Nomura to talk to the fans who have been waiting for six years.

This is my Theory :
    Last years When they released the trailer of gameplay , I thought the game was nearly finnish and released at the end of the years but until now there is nothing new about Versus . In conclusion , they want us to slowly forget about Versus becuase it is already cancel or just a gameplay and Graphic experiments for KH3 .

^^^ I am actually on the opposite side of that arguement. I believe Square has put way too much time and money into this to cancel it. I think they are intentionally holding out on info so they can have a huge blow out which happen at either Gamescom, Final Fantasy 25th anniversary Event or at TGS.

Final Fantasy 25th anniversary Event , they will show us Final Fantasy XIII-3 instead of Versus ( Toriyama already hint that) so don't expect to much ,It will only make you more disappoint. So just Negative

Maybe they're not gonna say anything about Versus because the next time they annouce something Versus related, IT'LL BE THE RELEASE DATE, OMG!11!!1

...Oh c'mon, it could happen D:

xD

Seriously, I do think they're just waiting to show us something that we haven't already seen. I'm betting we're gonna get new characters. Just hoping for something at TGS *crosses fingers*

Yeah and the Released date is December 30 , 2020 .

@Azure

Don't even joke about that .

@new

I think that's exactly whats going on. Usually when square shows off gameplay of a game it usually comes with a release date of the game. So I am hopeful.

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    I like Square too it's just the games he has directed don't really do it for me personally. X-2, XII: Revenant Wings, XIII and XIII-2 are the games he has directed by himself so far. He just doesn't seem to have the same creative spark that drives guys like Nomura, Kitase, Tabata and Ito. Yeah I am a huge fan of Nomura because he is so down to earth and tries to update people as much as he is allowed to by Square. No game he has had some sort of creative control over has disappointed me. KH, TWEWY and Compilation FFVII (Advent Children, FFVII, Crisis Core) he has had a lot of control over. That's why I am such a huge fan of his ^_^.

the games you listed i liked o.o but im a Final Fantasy Fan period...idk why but i jsut love Final antasy, i love all the ones i played =3 now there were some thing about them i didntlike but over all i enjoyed them, some flamws were that X-2 was like charlies angels...butthat more of a comic relief than anything cuz that game went from funny to armageddon thanksto vegnagun, XII was that it took FOREVER to level up..x.x...everything else was fine in my opinion, and i LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT XIII & XIII-2 =D i dont see why people dont like it....dont you relize that the crystarium is the sphere grid's reincarnation??? and not only that but it has CP in stead of boring EXP...i guess you like the old fashoined leveling....but hey...i hope versus xii has a black and blue crystarium to contrask the bright pink and crystal clear colored onesin xiii and xiii-2...ehe it'd look pretty wicked =3

Page 16 of 99 First First ... 61213141516171819202666 ... Last