Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Questions, Issues and Help

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Questions, Issues and Help

In most cases DLCs from UK & Australia should be compatible, but if not you'll need to make a new account on the Vita. The problem is that when you make a new account on the Vita, you will have to format the memory card then link it to the new account, unless you have another memory card that is unused. And anything you downloaded with the previous account will not work when the Vita is linked to the new account. To restore the old account, you also need to format the memory card again. Unsynced stuff will be gone. Also, obviously you cannot sync the trophies with a different account since Vita can only be linked to one account at a time. On the PS3, things are much less complicated.

Does anyone know if the PS3 version of FFX/X-2 HD will be available digitally on PSN this week?

I'd prefer to get the digital version and would like to know for certain if it would be available on tuesday.

Question FFX HD console limitations?

I was wondering if there is a limitation on the PS3 model, e.g. Only slim models can play it or something. I've never owned a PS3 but want to get one for this. Just wanna make sure I get the right one.

Thanks!

That would never be the case, any game released for a console platform will always be compatible with all hardware variations of that platform (HDD space required can vary, also certain peripherals maybe required for some titles). So regardless to which model PS3 you have, FFX/FFX-2 HD will work on it

Why is there no option to skip all cutscenes?

I only bought the HD remake to rush through the game as quickly as possible for the trophies and the Japan exclusive content

Please release a patch that adds a cutscene skip option for both the PS3 and VITA versions!

Awesome thank you Pickle! - Solved/Closed

Final Fantasy X HD Remastered Crashing/Freezing due to overheating.

This is occurring on two different systems. No other games seem to cause the same issues, including demanding titles like GTA-V. I'm certain both systems do need to be cleaned some, but this game seems to be pushing them a little too hard. Maybe a frame limit option? No cooling tips please! Just reporting and seeing if anyone else has similar issues. Hakuna Matata.

No probs mate, roll on it's release tomorrow!
    Only issue is putting down FFXIV long enough to play it lol

FFX HD Remastered BUG?!

I got the game and all has been well, until the part where I'm supposed to get Wakkas Jupiter Crest (needed for his ultimate weapon). Everywhere I've looked it's said to simply go into the Besaid Aurochs locker room, and just click on all the lockers and the Jupiter Crest is supposed to be in one of them. But when i click on the lockers, NOTHING happens. Is this a bug or have they changed the locations of some of the sigils/crests? Please help.

Sphere Grid Hard Lock Issue?

So, i'm starting X again for the first time, and when I get to the Sphere Grid tutorial, the screen flashes and then everything locks. I've tried it on Standard and Expert mode, my account and had my roommate log in and try it. It'[s inconsistent when, but it happens every time. Is anyone else experiencing this?

There is no patch or update for the PS3, I've checked the disk and no scratches or smudges. Ideas?

I can't download the X-2 part in Vita.

After download 3.5 gb three times, the installation doesn't start and the download starts again.

Any idea?

Unhappy Game crashes during opening sequence

Hi guys, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but some help or even a similar story would be nice. So here's my tale

I picked up the game on release. Just the normal version on disk. I own a slim 120 gig ps3. Go to play Final Fantasy X and the game freezes in the opening scene at the same spot every time. I thought it was the disk, because I have NEVER had a problem with this console before. So I exchanged the disk for another copy and it's doing the exact same thing. I return the disk and got a refund and put that toward the digital copy, perhaps it's my disk drive that may be going bad. Finish downloading the remake and the game still freezes in the exact same spot! WTF!?

Throughout all of this, I was googling on the internets my problem. Not much ever came about that sounded similar to my situation. I finally came across a thread somewhere that explained how to rebuild the game database on the PS3. So I tried that, to no avail. I decided to call Sony and see what they would suggest. The nice lady I talked to got me to rebuild the file system for the PS3. This also did nothing. Sony ended up refunding me the $40 I spent on the digital version and now I'm a sad panda. I even tried FFX-2 (even though I only got the remake for X) just to see what happens, and the game freezes in that opening sequence too. Wonderful.

I'm clearly willing to do whatever it takes to play this game besides buying a new PS3. I just got a PS4...why would I want to buy an older console? Like I said earlier, the console plays other games just fine. Ni No Kuni, Tekken Tag 2, Skylanders, and a few others I've tried with NO ISSUES.

Any reply would be very appreciated!

I've been having the same issue of random hard crashing where the sounds gone n i need to hold down power for 15 secs. no other games have made it crash in the 4 years I've owned it but I've had 2 new retail copies and a digital copy of X hd and they are all randomly locking up. I even put in a new hd but still the same. Granted I've been able to play longer on the digital copy but not by much. And there's a lot of others too:http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/64314...aster/68830979

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-...sin=B00BY0G0YU

A buddy over on the Amazon forum posted that limiting the ps3 display output to 720p fixed his problems and it fixed mine too, so far anyway. I've managed to play 3 hours this morning and that's like 2.5h longer than b4.

Hmm I've played 3 hours on X-2 just to try it out and I've had zero issues. I am playing on a 7 years old (I think be 8 years old this November) 80GB PS3 first generation that's backwards compatible (With like 15 % of the PS2 library lol). Surprisingly it still works like new lol. I hope when I put FFX in I don't have this issue.

I've recently purchased the FFX HD for PS Vita. My progress thus far is currently at Sanubia Desert. I'm facing this bug/issue whenever I'm in a menu with a scroll bar (i.e.: Items or Equip), it keeps scrolling to the bottom by it's own and I couldn't scroll back up. To ensure it's not caused by my PS Vita, I've tried to play other games that has scroll bar in their menu, such as Persona 4. No issue there.

I even did a PS Vita System Restore, was proven to be futile. This issue started for me when I was at Thunder Plains. It happens occasionally but once it happens, I'll have to shutdown my PS Vita for a few hours before I'm able to play again for less than an hour before the scrolling issue starts again.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Not working

Got the pre-order collectors edition (PS3), put it in and I can get past the first "Square Enix" logo screen. After that the whole screen turns black, and stops there. I've waited 2+ hours at that point and nothing changes, and at that point the PS button no longer works nor does any of the controller buttons and it forces me to turn off the power to shut it down.
    Every time I try to play the game this happens...

I have the latest updates and the disk is not scratched or dirty. My PS3 plays everything else fine, DvD's/Blue Ray/other games so its not the machine.

FFX HD Crashing on PS3

Just got FFX/X-2 HD a couple days ago. played through it fine but when i get to Djose Temple it will eventually crash my ps3 and my ps3 has a blinking red light. Did some googling and thought it amy have been the 'red light of doom' but i doubt that since everything else works on the ps3 without any problems. I can also still play blitzball just fine and all the other things on the disc work fine too (X-2, Eternal Calm etc.). It's only occuring when im on the field screen in Djose Temple. I've tried reloading a different save in case it was corrupt. Ive got a new disc from the store and am still getting the same crash at Djose. Im using the Old Fat 80gb PS3.

Please help. Havent played this game in almost a decade since trading in my ps2 was really looking forward it and now i cant

Hi there. Im getting crashes with only FFX too. Did you notice anything specific happening with it? Mine always crashes at Djose and leaves my PS3 with a blinking red light (its not the red light of doom, everything else still works). Been trying to find out if anyone else is getting something similar for a few days now

sounds like your ps3 just froze?

how many times did you try ?
    maybe try in a ps3 of a friend ?

It still makes noises like its trying to load, but nothing ever happens. I've tried about 8 times, waited between 30 mins and 2+ hours per try so its not just once. I've tried other games/dvd's in between and they work fine. Don't have someone else PS3 nearby to try so dunno

I am getting crashes as well. It was playing fine until I got into the following boss battles, the first was when I was on the boat to heading to Kilika fighting Sin. I finally made it past that battle but then it crashed when fighting Ochu. I then had to reset my PS3 and start all over with that fight and it crashed again. I wanted to know if there is there a solution that has worked for someone.
    Last edited by John-Man; 25th Mar 2014 at 08:23.

you should try contacting Square Enix about it then, since there are no other people reporting about this problem, i doubt we can help you here

they will probably send you a new copy

best of luck

I have had problems with my copy as well. It does load, but the audio stutters like a skipping cd or record, cuts off, or skips parts entirely. The characters also disappear off screen during a few cutscenes and continue speaking. The audio is also very delayed behind when the characters are actually speaking when it doe work. It is really really infuriating. I have contacted square about it and they informed me that I just need to restart the game. I did that, did all updates to my system, exchanged my copy for a different disc, tried different televisions, connector methods, and settings both in game and out with no results. They clearly do not know about this or read their forums, because they informed me that no one else has contacted them with complaints about their copy not working. They also said it may be my playstation but all my other games including Lighting Returns, which is much more graphic and audio heavy, all work perfectly. I am not purchasing a new PS3 just to replay FFX and X-2. I really just want to be able to enjoy the game but this is ridiculous.

I have had problems with my copy as well. It does load, but the audio stutters like a skipping cd or record, cuts off, or skips parts entirely. The characters also disappear off screen during a few cutscenes and continue speaking. The audio is also very delayed behind when the characters are actually speaking when it doe work. It is really really infuriating. I have contacted square about it and they informed me that I just need to restart the game. I did that, did all updates to my system, exchanged my copy for a different disc, tried different televisions, connector methods, and settings both in game and out with no results. They clearly do not know about this or read their forums, because they informed me that no one else has contacted them with complaints about their copy not working. They also said it may be my playstation but all my other games including Lighting Returns, which is much more graphic and audio heavy, all work perfectly. I am not purchasing a new PS3 just to replay FFX and X-2. I really just want to be able to enjoy the game but this is ridiculous.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last