Thread: BEL mouse problems

BEL mouse problems

BEL mouse problems

Hello ....I found my old copy of commandos BEL and thought "hey why don't i install it and live once again the good times "..it installs ok ...got in game menu but when moving the mouse it just crashes
    Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this ?
    I have windows xp home sp3 with latest updates
    Thanks in advance

PS. Sorry for my english ...not my native language

I don't think it's the xp that causes you the problems since I haven't any problems.. You tried reinstalling the game? (ouch, bad ideas sry )

thanks for replying and yes i tried to reinstall a couple of times with typical install and full install ...still no success
    if i use only keyboard to get in game ..it works but as soon as i move the mouse crash to desktop
    it's a bit odd since BCD is working fine ...no mouse probs just with BEL

hi there!
    it's a bit strange to hear this problem appearing again, since i had this one a decade ago... my ibm 486 just weren't enough to run commandos, and it happened the same, every time i moved the mouse, crashed to the desktop. i had a mouse with a ball, got the ball out and tried to do it with keyboard only, and clicking. frustrating
    now the causes in your case must be different, however, i would try to set the compatibility mode to win98/me, or alternatively some firewalls could surprise the folks, so make sure you set the commandos.exe as safe, trusted whatever file.
    i hope you can figure it out

thank you for you advices AndrewT but i tried as you said and checked win95 and 98 compatibility tho no progress
    as for firewall all i have is windows standard firewall no fancy stuff ...and it's not blocking in anyway the main exe or anything else :\ i've added it to exceptions list and still nothing

Have you updated your mouse drivers?

well yes...i mean i use this mouse since i got it 1 year ago ...logitech mouse and i installed it with the install kit from the cd it came with .... not sure if there are any updates for it