View Poll Results: which would be the best tr publisher?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • EA

6 11.32%
  • ubisoft

23 43.40%
  • square enix

2 3.77%
  • other

22 41.51%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: choose the possible new tr publisher

Kill me, but either Eidos or Sony. I know that then TR would be only on ps3 (for the record - I actually don't have one) but I won't stand the next change of studio, Lara, the biography, the history. And just like Crystal Dynamics rid of Kurtis and generally AOD, the new studio would threw out Zip and all the mama history as well.

Exclamation Best gaming I know of...

Ubosoft is known for their "intellectual" games.

Very complex stories that make senses.

Very rich puzzles, quiet, even introspective, environments that are texture rich and quality consistent. Very good and diverse environment. See Syberia.

Adding some action would be a first for them but I believe they could do it.

If they do it, be prepared for a more intellectually and emotionaly complex Lara.

As for the storyline, I would not be surprised if they brought back the mother and or Natla, even if just for a cameo appearance.

But saving the world from the Midgard serpent was really jumping the shark. Maybe she could finally get to Niflheim and find Avalon...and bring Amanda with her and make peace (I kinda like that whiny, immature little brat.)

I stay with Eidos too!

first things first, i dont think there's any problem with the publisher. what matters most now is the company which designs and programmes TR.
    i prefer EIDOS better than any other publishing companies.
    Силиконовые Мозги

Please Eidos don't sell our favourite Lara Croft And Tomb Raider Please...............................................................

And If you have finalized your decision to sell Lara Croft And Tomb Raider , then sell it to EA but not to Ubisoft , as EA is far better than Ubisoft

Maybe they will go with rockstar and give it a gta/manhunt feel to it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-Raider View Post
    Maybe they will go with rockstar and give it a gta/manhunt feel to it lol
    Hope they put Pigsy somewhere in her manor in too, would be a nice pet <3
    Villa, villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    Hope they put Pigsy somewhere in her manor in too, would be a nice pet <3
    And then you can go to some town or another steal a vehical off someone, do a drugs run for a local cartel who will then reveal the whereabouts of the magic sceptre of liberty city

How come CD isn't there? I think CD is doing an AMAZING job. ( I also expected someone to put Core but I hate them )

Quote Originally Posted by THE_uDeRwOrLd View Post
    How come CD isn't there? I think CD is doing an AMAZING job. ( I also expected someone to put Core nut I hate them )
    It's not the developer, it's the publisher; 2 different things.
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

They're the same to me!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_uDeRwOrLd View Post
    They're the same to me!
    No, Eidos published the game and CD makes/develops the game, ok?
    'There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.' - Sir Francis Drake, 1587

Okay since there is no actual proof that ubisoft is the new publisher or will be.
    How do we know this is going to happen.
    Can someone please clear that up for me
    Unknown person: Who are you??
    Lara: I am Lara croft, world famous adventurer with double D's

I think I'd like for Eidos to stay in the picture, thanks.

But if they had to switch publishers for some reason, and like to see what Valve could do with TR, just because they do such a great job. Portal, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead: all great Valve games.

Oh no I chose randomly but is it really true?

well I want eidos!But you people remember the prince of persia-the graphics are drwed by hand I don´t want that in TR series,and that prince of persia story line and stuff,I mean it is a world that doesn´t exist!It is a fiction world!So ubisoft...

Other.

The way I look at it, we want a publisher with a track record that spans more than one franchise and/or more than one genre (preferrably both).

EA is a monster. They meet my criteria above. People who complain about EA's support have not experienced THQ's (non-) support, Epic Games' (non-) support, and and NovaLogic's (non-) support. EA would be a good if uninspired pick.

I don't know much about Ubisoft. The Tom Clancy franchises seem to be well executed.

But let's talk about companies that deliver "WOW" even if they are more developers than publishers.

How about Monolith? Three franchise home runs in the same genre (FPS). Blood, No One Lives Forever, and F.E.A.R.

How about Valve? Half-life is a tier-one franchise and Portal was fantastic (better than episode 2, IMO).

How about Rockstar? GTA was genre defining. Max Payne was (I think) the first to do the "slo mo" action.

My heart would leap with Valve or Monolith but I would feel safe with the future in the hands of EA.

Eidos may be acquired by one of these publishers, so staying with Eidos technically means a new publisher in this scenario.

I don't really have a strong preference. Warner Brothers seems the most likely according to the articles I've seen.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

*** Reality Check ***

Ok u guys do realise that EA owns 20% of Ubisoft .

EA tells Ubisoft what to do all the time. Especially with their marketing - thats why Assassins Creed sold so many copies becuase EA did the marketing strategy.

I just hope they dont change the development studio.

Like I usually say...

!~CRYSTAL DYNAMICS~!

!!!END OF STORY!!!
    I spiked the tea.

Oooh publisher.....Eidos then
    I spiked the tea.

I voted for Ubisoft, cause I didn't know that we can vote for Eidos.

SO EIDOS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, Crystal Dynamics used to be their own publisher before Eidos acquired them.

As far as I know, that didn't have a negative effect on CD or their IPs at all...
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Knight View Post
    You know, Crystal Dynamics used to be their own publisher before Eidos acquired them. As far as I know, that didn't have a negative effect on CD or their IPs at all...
    Like hey, please, just give our TR and Lara to a publisher, who can actually test and really be involved in its production until the product is right for our PCs and for all the consoles. (We need actually game-techs and not a bunch of slippery sales-types.)

And not a bunch of marketeers, either, who over-hype (lie, cheat, steal and control?) as they push an unfinished product out the door, because of cash-flow problems or just to make the Christmas buying season.

Heck, letting Crystal Dynamics be their own publisher, again, sounds GREAT, right now!

If Eidos were to be bought , I'd hope Ubisoft would do it , but I still hope Eidos is not bought because i would preffer Lara to stay with them
    I respect your intelligence, just not your integrity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast