Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Favorite Summon of all time?

Favorite Summon of all time?

SQUARE ENIX HAS MANY SUMMONS.FROM IFRIT TO DIABLO.If you were to choose a summoned creature which one(s) would fit you.From which FINAL FANTASY would they come from?My summons would be

1.IFRIT(FFX)

2.SHIVA(FFXIII)

this is tough... I love all the FF summons... but

Famfrit

Mateus

FFTA was my first FF, and FF12 had these two again... although I miss Famfrit's laser

Great choices.I also like belias the gigas.I think he's the coolest summon in ffxii

Shiva (Final Fantasy VIII)

Anima (Final Fantasy X)

I thought all summons in XIII were a let down and shells of their former selves.

I like Chaos in FFXII. I also like Ifrit in FFX & regular Bahamut in FFVII.

I think I like BAHAMUT from FFX myself.I never played FFXI,but BAHAMUT looks more like a dragon in that one.I'm hoping squeenix comes out with a FINAL FANTASY based on those beloved summons.It'll be like the summon battles you had against the other summoner in FFX.

I'm a huge summoned creature fan. The top one in my head right now is the Knights of the Round (VII), but I have a huge list and nothing particularly stands out!

I also want to say, I love the way TA2 handled combining classic summons with the summoner class and the OP espers... but I kind of wish it was handled oppositely (summon the Ivalice espers to fight for you, while the old FF summons would unleash a devasting global attack like the good ole days)

Hecatoncheir (FFXIII)

and Shiva (FFX)

I too love all the summons, my least favourite is the Magus Sisters, but i still like it.

Ifrit (Final Fantasy VIII)

Hashmal (Final Fantasy XII)

I've always been fond of Shiva. My made-up back story on her she's this whimsical goddess that does whatever she wants, serves whoever she wants, and you best appreciate it, lol.

I fell in love with the FFVIII design, then FFIX, but FFX really took the cake with her. Absolutely sensual and stunning.

That said, I raged over how she was portrayed in FFXIII. Nevermind the somewhat provacative positioning of her gestalt form that had Snow riding on for a psuedo three-way, but she wasn't even a singular entity anymore. Why'd she have to turn in a pair of sisters? >_>

On a related note, the only summon I actually liked in FFXIII was Odin, but I can admit it was probably more because he was Lightning's. Though it was only him and Bahamut whose "transformer mode" I liked.

I do like a bunch of other summons, but Shiva is my number 1 ^^

OK, let's go by game.

<ul>[*]VII: Neo Bahamut, Knights of the Round[*]VIII: Ifrit, Shiva, Diabolos, Brothers, Leviathan, Pandemona.[*]IX: Fenrir, Ark[*]X: Ixion, Bahamut, Yojimbo[*]XII: Belias, Hashmal, Famfrit, Chaos, Zeromus. My zodiac sign corresponds to Shemhazai.[*]XIII: Odin, Bahamut (normal form), Alexander[/list]

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+

I'm a huge summoned creature fan. The top one in my head right now is the Knights of the Round (VII), but I have a huge list and nothing particularly stands out!

and then

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+

OK, let's go by game.

<ul>[*]VII: Neo Bahamut, Knights of the Round[*]VIII: Ifrit, Shiva, Diabolos, Brothers, Leviathan, Pandemona.[*]IX: Fenrir, Ark[*]X: Ixion, Bahamut, Yojimbo[*]XII: Belias, Hashmal, Famfrit, Chaos, Zeromus. My zodiac sign corresponds to Shemhazai.[*]XIII: Odin, Bahamut (normal form), Alexander[/list]

I guess it was only a matter of time before we saw the list XD

I guess I should edit mine... FF8 and FF12 seem to stand out for me as having the coolest summons. Now that I've seen your list and remember those summons (you seem to have more favorites from those two games as well). Ima go and play FF12 again now... I blame you.

Jihad/Crusader from VI.

But yeah, if I had to chose I mean, I would definately have Ifrit than any other summon. I'm not much of a fire person, I always enjoy White Mages and Summoners for gameplay style but my zodiac says my element is wind. /shrugs.

I also liked Shiva & Leviathan from VII.

Flowering Cactoid

Odin FF13 because of the Gestault mode. I enjoy horse back riding and to get to ride one while wielding those giant swords would be awesome.

Also, Bahamut FFIX. My favorite Bahamut of all the games.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

I'm a motorcyle guy myself so Shiva from Final Fantasy XIII would probably be mine. Otherwise it'd be Brynhildr (also from FFXIII). If you can't have a bike, a car's the next best thing.

Originally Posted by Jalian
    I guess it was only a matter of time before we saw the list XD

I guess I should edit mine... FF8 and FF12 seem to stand out for me as having the coolest summons. Now that I've seen your list and remember those summons (you seem to have more favorites from those two games as well). Ima go and play FF12 again now... I blame you.

You're welcome. XD

I was going to just simply mention in that list post that VIII was the game I most enjoyed summoning in, on all accounts, followed by X (where I forgot Valefor and Bahamut), XII, and XIII (I was also going to mention about the Shiva yuri-bike, which I don't mind really).

And then I remembered: Leviathan from Revenant Wings would probably be the one that I'd personally identify myself with.

This thread is pretty fun, ant-1 ^_^ Thank you for posting it ^.^

My favorite summon that suits me would be:

1- Diablo - Final Fantasy VIII

2- Bahamut - Final Fantasy X

3- Famfrit - Final Fantasy XII (My Zodiac Sign is Aquarius)

DUUUUUUDEEEE!!! I'm loving the ASH RIOT avatar.I was gonna post a thread based on VAGRANT STORY and if anyone other than me wished it had a ps3 sequel.PLEASE EXCUSE THE OFF TOPIC RANT,Thank you.BTW which one in FFXII was the cancer zodiac?

The Esper under the Cancer zodiac sign is Zeromus. (Yes, it was based off of that Zeromus from FFIV.)

So Famfrit is Aquarius? *meep* Oh well, I still think Hashmal is awesome.

Yes, Famfrit is Aquarius, and Hashmal is Leo.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last