Thread: CRC Error occured while installing!

Helpppp!!!!!!!!!!

The demo will download but then it won't install!!!

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

How is anyone supposed to help you if you do not give us more information.

Where did you download it and what error do you get when you try to install it?

Help me please? i need to uninstall but i dont know how? or which file it is? Could someone give me the name of the file please? It would help alot

Thanks,
    Danni
    xxx

Dear God Help Me!!!

I downloaded the demo on the pc, then installed it, then played it. Now I wanna play it again, I have uninstalled it but I don't know how to reinstall it. Do I have to download it again? Can someone give me the step-by-step process??????!!!!!

PLEASE!!

I played it, but I promised my bff I would play it with her! If I can't get it to workshe'll kill me!!!

Why did you uninstall in the first place? I think the set up icon should still be available if you can see it wherever the download is in your documents. Or look in your rubbish bin for the set up icon there and reset it.

But when I click on the setup thing It say please insert the Underworld Demo disk 1 and press ok to continue.

Lightbulb

i Q: Setup asks for original CD
    A: Make sure you are extracting the archive first before running the setup program within it.
    {from tech forum underworld demo fqa}

hope that works for you

Help! Please!!!

I need help! I played the pc demo and now I want to play it again, but when I go to play it it tells me to insert the Underworld Demo Disk 1. Somone told me to uninstall the demo so I did and now I am soooooooooo lost!!

insert the Underworld Demo Disk 1
    wtf ???

Somone told me to uninstall the demo so I did
    and if they told u to jump of a cliff... lol.

lara778,
    Ummm extracting the archive???

explian please?

Quote Originally Posted by heller4u View Post
    I need help! I played the pc demo and now I want to play it again, but when I go to play it it tells me to insert the Underworld Demo Disk 1. Somone told me to uninstall the demo so I did and now I am soooooooooo lost!!
    Why don't you just download it again and reinstall it?

well, you are downloading an execute file in the form of a zip file. "EXTRACTING" the files takes everything inside and puts it somewhere. so now you have a 1.5GB folder with all the installation stuff in it (readmes/install/bigfile.000, etc)....

LEAVE THAT FOLDER ALONE. i think the reason its asking for the disk is because it cant find that folder you get after extracting it. i also highly doubt anyone is going to die over an installation issue so far i have left my folder alone on my machine and i can run it whenever i choose to - cause it can find that folder every single time.

leaving the folder alone is like leaving the retail game disc in your cd/dvd drive. running the game will go out and find the files from the disk to run properly. so leave that folder alone after "extracting" its contents and installing it.
    P.S. I like this forum!

starting the same thread twice is big no-no.

tsk tsk tsk
    P.S. I like this forum!

when i downloaded it into dowload file
    picture of yellow box with black arrow on it pointing up and 3 colored tabs
    right click on that and open
    should unpack the files for you again and you should find the set up icon{lara pic}
    i hope it does it for you
    if not you may have to download it again

LunderworldC,
    I have tried that!

Quote Originally Posted by bingojubes
    starting the same thread twice is big no-no.
    Have to agree.

@ heller4u, Where did you download the demo from? Try the official site, might get better luck.

CRC Error occured while installing!

What do I have to do to fix this???????????
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, honey!

What do we have to do to stop you making multiple posts?

I am sorry you are having problems. I can't help as I can't play the demo at all. At least you managed a play through before you uninstalled it for some reason.

For the love of God. Will you please stop posting multiple threads about the same thing heller4u!? That's three threads in the Technical Forum and one in the General Discussion Forum.

If no one's posting in your other threads, it means no one can help.

Quote Originally Posted by heller4u View Post
    What do I have to do to fix this???????????

Q: bigfile crc fail
    A: did u download from official site, or torrent. Torrent was partially corrupted. Retry from official sites only (more coming online all the time)

that was a quote from the sticky troubleshoot thread which you should look at first before posting 4-5 messages. Helps keeps the forums tidy.

not sure of this, but isn't there a 10 spam post ban limit? maybe each forum is different.
    P.S. I like this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Danni View Post

Help me please? i need to uninstall but i dont know how? or which file it is? Could someone give me the name of the file please? It would help alot

Thanks,
    Danni
    xxx
    If you have to do it manually this is where I would have to go to get to the uninstall file it's self. C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Tomb Raider - Underworld Demo. The uninstall file should be at the bottom.

Or you could use the add or remove programs function from the control panel screen.

Hope this helps

I have Org Game Dvd

I have Installed & played this game before
    on Vista on my AW m17 Laptop
    with Dual Ati 2x3870 cards

Now I have Insttaled Win 7 Ultimate 64 on it
    all Drivers are updated

I have Installed Swat 4 & its Expnasion
    & GTA 4 all installed & working fine

But when I Install Underworld it gives me Error

Thats all it Installs & gives Error

& as you can see my Disk is clean no Scratches