Thread: Problem Parallels/Windows XP TR installed but says "no disc inserted"

Problem Parallels/Windows XP TR installed but says "no disc inserted"

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I'm hoping someone can help me out because I haven't been able to get much info by googling.

I recently purchased "Legends" as my first PC game to play on my mac using Parallels/Windows XP. It installed fine, but then I got the first of two error messages. The first one said - "Insert original disc instead of backup" and then gave me a securom.com link to go to, which I did. I researched on the net to troubleshoot and got this which I tried (go to device manager;change settings to DMA if avail). Now when I put the disc in and press Tomb Raider to play, it says - "No disc inserted please insert the original cd/dvd, please have a look at" another securom.com message. It suggests a solution - (Click Windows™ 'Start' and select 'Run', Type 'cmd' to get the command prompt and hit Enter/OK, Type 'dla disable e:' where 'e:' is the drive's assigned letter). I did that but it said "'dla' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." so it didn't work. I'm pretty saavy on my mac, but it's been a long time since I have done anything with windows, & I'm running on the Parallels/Windows XP which is new to me. Can anyone offer any suggestions or help? I've googled up the wazoo and it seems not many people are having my problem on their virtual PCs so I can't fix it on my own. I really appreciate it, any help is welcome. Thanks for your time.

Specs - MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.5, 3 GB 667 RAM, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
    PS I bought my game on Amazon brand new in the wrapper from a respected seller with serial # on disc, should not be pirated so that shouldn't be the issue.

Since when does TRL run on macs? It has NEVER worked for me on my old mac with that Parallels/Windows XP thing. Or maybe the laptop was CP, I don't know.

Anyway, don't believe in that link. Just restart the computer. It works for me.
    Villa, villa.

Thank you, I tired that. I restarted my laptop and then restarted the Windows XP. Still get the same message. (no disc inserted). The disc shows up on my mac desktop just fine.

As far as I know my specs are good to play the game. It installed fine. It is the first game I am trying, its my test game to see if I can enjoy some of the games that get released for PCs but not Macs.

So that didn't do it, but I appreciate your help.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgirl View Post
    I can enjoy some of the games that get released for PCs but not Macs.
    Thats most likely your problem, if the game is released for PC only, there is no way you can run it on a mac. In other words, same as putting in a ps3 disc in a xBox.

Or I may be wrong, because I'm in the other section of computer repairing.
    Villa, villa.

I should be able to, with the Intel Core 2 Duo. In my google travels of trying to solve this problem, I have run into other mac users who are using either Boot Camp or Parallels and playing Tomb Raider Legends on their Windows XP virtual PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgirl View Post
    I should be able to, with the Intel Core 2 Duo. In my google travels of trying to solve this problem, I have run into other mac users who are using either Boot Camp or Parallels and playing Tomb Raider Legends on their Windows XP virtual PC.
    Have you tried other PC games on your mac?
    Villa, villa.

No, not yet. This is the first tester game to see how smoothly it runs, how the quality is, etc. I have another PC game, but it is for Windows 95, so I didn't bother seeing if it would run since this is Windows XP.