Thread: "THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

"THE HIVE" - Introduce Yourself & Random CHAT Thread

Originally Posted by -=fox=-
    @xaduha2: Assads' war atrocities know no bounderaries, eh. Go for it, Obama!

Edit: what happened?
    Oh, alright

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Two of my best friends who I had a falling out with last autumn are getting married tomorrow literally two minutes from my house. I never patched it up with them because the entire issue began with my girlfriend and they never seemed to grasp that I had nothing to do with it, aside from feeling betrayed by their actions and words. They've made a nubmer of attemps to reestablish communication with me, saying that they still consider us to be friends and everything. But they've never made any effort to talk to my girlfriend at all, and I don't want to be friends with people who will literally lie to your face about what they think of your life choices.

And now they're getting married. What would otherwise be the most significant wedding attendance of my life is something I find myself depressed about not going to but at the same time still indignant and hurt by what happened, so I'm all confused on the inside.
    Everyone's hopping on the "Go to the wedding!" bandwagon, but i'd like to remind you that you'd have to go without your girlfriend. Your girlfriend then might feel like you're siding with them, or that you already forgot what they said and did to you both and that could be unpleasant. Also, remember how you felt when they hurt you, and remember that they can do it again - if you open your guard and forgive them. Maybe you could stay at home this time and give your girl some attention.

I dont know, i actually agree with teh rest of the crew and i think you should go to the wedding too (personally) just trying to remind you that every coin has two sides and not everything is always happy. Anyways, that was yesterday and by now its probably too late.

Hop on Steam later anwyays if you wanna talk, i'm always around for bro talk

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    7 years ago I made up with my friend Alex. We hadn't talked for a year- then he approached me and offered a hesitant apology.

because he got hit by a car about 2 months later and died.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    As Spyhopping said, make it up with them. I fell out with one of my absolute best friends last year, and we went from talking / texting every day to not talking at all for about 9 months. The fault for the initial fallout was on both sides, so it annoyed me that I had to be the one to make the first move to make up, but I'm glad I did. Having my friend back feels much better than any slight sense of smarmy, pointless pride from not apologising.
    And the feeling of being friends with people who hurt and betrayed me, and doing so in spite of the fact that they never apologized or made up to the woman I love, who was the one being targeted by their attacks in the first place? I just don't see myself being able to justify that. Like I said, it was never about me, and they never quite figured that out. They keep on trying to get to me around my girlfriend, clearly hoping that I'll just come be friends with them without them ever having to talk to or deal with her again, which is a betrayal of her in my eyes, especially since she was the one originally hurt by their actions.

I don't feel any pride in not apologizing. I legitimately have nothing to apologize for other than waiting this long to communicate. This wasn't some case of not having every side to the story. It all happened out in the open on facebook, and despite how that many sound, some very very serious things were said, very awful things about the woman I love which, when pieced together, either create a picture of my friends lying to the both of us about what they thought of her for the first year of my relationship, or a picture of them being hateful people who spew lying vitriol whenever somebody disagrees with them about anything. So either way they're a bunch of liars?

The worst is that the girl in the relationship, the one I was friends with from high school, was supposedly great friends with my girlfriend, and then when everything went down she just said my girlfriend was terrible and that she could never have trusted her, totally ting all over my girlfriend who considered her to be one of her best friends, and again either making her a liar at the time or a liar for the REST of the time.

And my best friend from high school who moved away to Washington and got all weird and preachy who I thought I was patching things up with took a dislike of my girlfriend because of, surprise surprise, what he had heard about her from this group of people I'm talking about. Of course this didn't come out until a couple months ago because apparently NOBODY CAN ACTUALLY TELL YOU HOW THEY'RE FEELING EVER, and now he's flown himself out here and is having a great time at the wedding.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

We're only getting your side but it sounds like they're toxic. If they're toxic just move on with your life. They're moving on without the two of you, they're getting married, so take it all as a learning experience and move on.

Betrayers ? Never forgive them. Tolerate them if needed but never forgive them.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Reven
    Betrayers ? Never forgive them. Tolerate them if needed but never forgive them.
    That's not a good way to live.

Excuse the harshness for a sec, but the situation (not necessarily the people) smells of mummified high school drama. Going with what we have, the only thing which legitimately matters here is to clarify whether this friendship circle was based on deceit and emptiness from the get go, or if it was affected at some point by some "trauma", which predates your love relationship.

If it's the former, then listen to Heresy. You don't need toxic people around you, no matter how long you've known (or thought you've known) them.

If it's the latter, goodness, it's time for everyone to learn to grow out of their self-imposed drama states. Funny thing about drama, it easily slips into your life, and expends to take up every inch of your existence, but it's actually even easier to rid yourself of. Not by walking away from people causing drama (you'd spend your life nearly alone), but by not allowing it to exist within the confine of your life. And no, that's not hard to do.

If you're not entirely sure which case it is, chances are it's the former. But to be sure, a confrontation is necessary. The outcome of it will quickly determine what kind of friends you've been around for so long.

Having been on the other side of a slightly similar situation, as we've pretty much ganged up on a friend's gf (hey, college days of idiocy), we're living proof this can legitimately be put behind, if the driving force of the friendship was always based on truth and goodness.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Originally Posted by FrankCSIS
    Excuse the harshness for a sec, but the situation (not necessarily the people) smells of mummified high school drama.

If it's the former, then listen to Heresy.
    IKR? Whenever the topic is anything but video games he often speaks sense. When the topic is video games:

Funny thing about drama, it easily slips into your life, and expends to take up every inch of your existence, but it's actually even easier to rid yourself of. Not by walking away from people causing drama (you'd spend your life nearly alone), but by not allowing it to exist within the confine of your life. And no, that's not hard to do.
    Depends on the intensity and/or frequency of the drama.
    However I wouldn't want to associate myself with complete douchebags so I would walk away (and have before).
    I don't need that in my life and I don't even like dealing with the petty nonsense, it's why I don't have Facebook etc.
    Forums are great, the petty is less personal and less frequent, we have aliases, we share similar interests and the most we have to put up with is HERESY's video game-related antics, which I find interesting anyway, his narrow perspective.

P.S: still love you bro bot.

I know you do.

Originally Posted by HERESY
    I know you do.
    Only because you have played FF6. But you called it a relic Disgraceful. You need to rediscover games old games and
    not play them for Immersion & not let your profession push you to turn of the music.

Immersion is the icing on the cake. Entertainment comes first.

I didn't go to the wedding mainly for the reason Alex stated which is that I don't want to give the impression that I don't care about my girlfriend or her feelings. I'm not worried about her being offended; she said I could go. I don't want to give THEM that impression, however.

On a lighter note, this is a thing that I noticed earlier.

Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Good find Shral. A little odd, though, seeing as it's quite impossible to put all three on the same podium step. Gives a great perspective on the value of an average rating calculus, and the predictable nature of individual reviewers.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

So the Mathew Street festival in Liverpool has been axed and downsized.

All because of a few No-Marks who don't know how to handle alcohol and act decently in public.
    Play games for the story

That's a pity, the drink culture in the UK is embarrassing. Mathew Street festival was great fun when I went a few years ago- been meaning to go again. The Cavern was good, I remember chatting to a lively band called "The Shakers".

I didn't go to the wedding mainly for the reason Alex stated which is that I don't want to give the impression that I don't care about my girlfriend or her feelings. I'm not worried about her being offended; she said I could go. I don't want to give THEM that impression, however.
    You'll get another chance to patch things up.

Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder
    No-Marks
    Definition, please.

Alcohol is for the weak. I feel as though we have passed the era of alcohol, we no longer need it. It's more of a hindrance now rather than a drive for civilisation.

(click image to enlarge)

Booze is cool. Not as cool as other things, but to each his own.

Drink in moderation. You have a liver.

Just found out that the pilot for The Lone Gunmen, a spinoff of X-Files, aired in March 2001 and had a plotline featuring splinter government agents flying a passenger jet into the World Trade Center.

Just found out that the pilot for The Lone Gunmen, a spinoff of X-Files, aired in March 2001 and had a plotline featuring splinter government agents flying a passenger jet into the World Trade Center.
    source!?

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    That's a pity, the drink culture in the UK is embarrassing. Mathew Street festival was great fun when I went a few years ago- been meaning to go again. The Cavern was good, I remember chatting to a lively band called "The Shakers".
    Is-right Spy. The Cavern is 'where it's at'.

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    Definition, please.
    Bagheads.

People who make "No Mark" on life. lmao.

Can be heard being spouted quite a lot from Pete Price on Radio City 96.7. xD

Should I finish X-Files before touching that and Millenium?
    Play games for the story

Originally Posted by JCpie
    Alcohol is for the weak.
    You're for the weak! Now, where's my Bourbon, goddamnit!
    signature image

2 minutes later...

Jack Daniels is sour mash not bourbon...

Page 294 of 347 First First ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... Last