Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: 3 months - no patch - disgraceful

3 months - no patch - disgraceful

The OP should change his title as it has been more than 3 months now.

NovaBlack

could you post the links to the websites with the articles?

aparently Army of two is having a patch out soon to fix the laag issue there having....quick huh?

just thought id check back *sigh* still nothing.

gosh

i

am

so

shocked

[/sarcastic]

Yeah...

This is getting a little ridiculous, I must say. I think Eidos should at least make an official statement saying that they aren't supporting this title with updates, instead of stringing people along.

I know I said we should be patient, but this is ridiculous... every other game company out there seems to be able to release patches and support their product effectively...why can't Eidos?

Does anyone know eidos customer services email address or do they not make it public in a bid to reduce complaints,

i think i will send them a *****ty email

ill check my game box .

Yeah, this is pretty sad. Looks as if Eidos is treating its customers like VUGames did with Tribes Vengeance; don't go that path Eidos, as Tribes Vengeance was a great game, but it seriously needed and still needs a patch to address multiplayer issues.

yeah if anyone can get an adress (an adress that they can get a response from ....) then please post it here. We could make a template complaint for everyone to use like just add your own name at the top

something like

I ________

Would like to complainn .....blahblahlbha

yours sincerely

______

etc

may be a good idea.

Im absolutely fuming now, and im not letting this drop. you know what the most annoying thing is.. that we havent even had a RESPONSE from even a mod on th forums. n this thread has BEEN AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM FOR WEEKS! they are CHOOSING to ignore us. Well get stuffed, i AM NOT LETTING THIS DROP WHEN I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF. IM SICK AND TIRED OF COMPANIES THINKING THEY CAN TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS!

i hate how its only games that companies can get away with this too. tough . not anymore.

Ill buy someone cookie if they can get me a responsive email adress. cheers guys.

Lets just stick together through this. its just plain wrong. And to think the point of this thread was jsut to BE ACKNOWLEDGED AND GET THEM TO TYPE 'SORRY'.

And they cant even do that. UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL

Originally Posted by Jaydam
    Does anyone know eidos customer services email address or do they not make it public in a bid to reduce complaints,

i think i will send them a *****ty email

ill check my game box .
    By sending that kind of mail the only result you will get is the mail ending up in the trash bin. Not only that you are also directing your anger at the wrong people. The people at customer service can't do anything about it, they don't make the decision of patches it's the management that does.

If you want to complain and want your message heard by the those that make those decisions I think the best course of action is to write a letter to the Eidos management, or look up the producers name in the manual. I think that will be more effective than posting it here.

interesting how we get a reply as soon as a negative course of action is mentioned. Yet for a month... nothing..

still.. thank you for replying..

would you be able to provide us with an adress to which we could write.

As you must understand, many of us are VERY frustrated.

Many thanks

In the past month I have found no reason to respond. The concern about a patch is warranted and the discussion has been civil thus there was no need to interfere. I saw the idea of writing and while I found it to be a good idea the manner it was going to be written in was not and I found it would be ineffective. Hence the suggestion to write proper letters to the management, the producer etc., in other words those who actually make the decisions.

It is of course important that you write your letters at a time when you're not mad as that would only result in a counter productive letter.

The address I found on the Eidos corporate website is:

SCi Entertainment Group
    Wimbledon Bridge House
    1 Hartfield Road
    Wimbledon
    London SW19 3RU

If you're in the US (or another country that has an Eidos office) I think you'll be able to find the address on their respective website.

Being a gamer myself I definitely understand your frustration.

Oh and just for the record, I don't work for Eidos, I'm a volunteer mod.

Originally Posted by @m
    In the past month I have found no reason to respond. The concern about a patch is warranted and the discussion has been civil thus there was no need to interfere. I saw the idea of writing and while I found it to be a good idea the manner it was going to be written in was not and I found it would be ineffective. Hence the suggestion to write proper letters to the management, the producer etc., in other words those who actually make the decisions.

It is of course important that you write your letters at a time when you're not mad as that would only result in a counter productive letter.

SCi Entertainment Group
    Wimbledon Bridge House
    1 Hartfield Road
    Wimbledon
    London SW19 3RU

If you're in the US (or another country that has an Eidos office) I think you'll be able to find the address on their respective website.

Originally Posted by Zacker
    There is now very little except for some formalities keeping the patch back. It will be released quite soon

Many thanks for your reply

Even a quick response, just so we know we are actually being listened to can do a load to ease frustrations.

Appreciated.

And to everyone else on the thread, thats definitely good advice to make sure you write the letters when your calm. wont help if we dont!

Thanks additionally to Zacker, any word on how long you expect the formalities to take?

Originally Posted by @m

SCi Entertainment Group
    Wimbledon Bridge House
    1 Hartfield Road
    Wimbledon
    London SW19 3RU

All due respect but its having no contact from eidos or volunteer mods like yourself is the reason i was going to write a shi*ty email.

dont get me wrong i dont blame you yadda yadda but do you not think a pacifying post would have been a reasonable thing to do.

if you take on a moderators position then you need to deal with the ruff and the smooth.

Thanks for the address i will put pen to paper and write the letter and send it,

There is now very little except for some formalities keeping the patch back. It will be released quite soon

seeing is believing , if there is one thing that winds me up is being stringed along,

if the update is not going to be released for 6 months at least have the decency to say so.

popping in once a month with the same thing doesnt really cut the mustard!

comunicate!!, a few updates would have helped instead of letting us sit here and create bad publicity for you.

would you care to be a little more specific with a release date?

on a lighter note thanks for the replies... its good to talk!

No patch !

Hello all,

Hey I agree with Nova, 3 months and nothing; and I think they will not fix the PC problems, they have been lying all along so the game keeps selling. Probably, only a third of PC gamers are having problems and the console sales are probably doing well, so they really don't care about a small bunch of PC users whining about not being able to run the game. They are just cashing-in as much as they can and disappearing.

But I WILL NOT BUY ANY OTHER GAMES FROM YOU EIDOS. And you can take THAT to the bank.

PS my shi*ty letter has been written and printed and ready to go in the post on monday morning.

i will let you know if i get a response.

if the forums are an example to go by i dont expect to see anything

never have i had to write a letter of complaint to a software house.

poor show!!

guys, dont you see this patch will never be released, 4 months already passed, its gone. those guys got our money.
    Eidos never again!!!they are not serious

Thumbs Up

But i hope a solution apears soon!

we can only hope....

Any chance of getting a real time frame on this? these random crashes don't even let me get 5 minutes into the game (which isn't funny since ive had the game 2 months now).

Think I'll keep a running count on the amount of days that pass between that statement and the actual release of the damn patch , and its been 3 days so far...

Yes, their support on this game is despicable. However, I do believe that Eidos will pull through. Most of Eidos' games are pretty good, and I have never seen them be this uncaring about one of them, but I hope they will release a patch.

I'm frustrated too - Did you know they released a patch for Soldiers of Fortune Payback for PC? They have better support than Eidos does for releasing a patch for a game that did not sell as much. It's a good game mind you...

Release a patch!!!!!

We're not gonna quietly sit here and pretend like we are satisfied for a bunch of crap!

just out of interest...

can we get an official response to the issue of saying a simple 'sorry'?

even if its just to say 'we arent gonna say sorry' . at least i can quit banging my head against the same brick wall, its becoming rather sore.

Let me sum it up for all of us...There is no hope for a patch. There is no official or un-official mention of a patch.

I can't belive there is noone fom eidos is chimming in to let us know that it is going to be ok. Nothing.

Well by tomorrow Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will be out and I will not care about this game anymore. Looks like I was hosed for $49 + tax.

You eidos for your lack of support or attention to us.

Eidos We need a PATCH!PATCH!PATCH!PATCH!PATCH!PATCH!

Don't you get it. We're NOT GONNA BUY KANE & LYNCH 2 if you don't properly support this game!

Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last