Thread: Rahabim Ideas?

Rahabim Ideas?

Originally Posted by Raptr0s
    I'm wracking my brain on trying to figure out a neat way to make this class different.

I was originally thinking a thick skinned tank type who slowly whittles away their enemy instead of high damage, but I don't think people would like low damage, high damage resistance.

I still like the different damage resistance talents idea though.

I'd really like the Rahabim to be unique, much like the Sentinel is.

The Sentinels abilities all hinge on whether he's in the air or not, I'd really like to see the Rahabim do something similar.

Like, if the Rahabim has X activated, he an use X abilities, and vise versa.

Or something that makes him/her really unique. I do like the cloak pounce idea, but Ygdrasel brought up some decent points why it may be too weak of a skill, and it's just.... I dunno... too samey.

Every vampire has ben mostly different in application, skill set, and playstyle.

How can we make the Rahabim their OWN class, and not a mix of the rest?
    There''ve been plenty throughout this thread, but everyone keeps going back to variations on existing classes.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

II was originally thinking a thick skinned tank type who slowly whittles away their enemy instead of high damage

Like, if the Rahabim has X activated, he an use X abilities, and vise versa.
    Never saw the Rahabim as the thick-skinned damage soakers myself.

For the other thing, maybe the utility abilities (F key, maybe) on top of their effects (still hoping for Chaos/Flesh Armor), each one while activated unlocks a different variation of options in the other slots. Which is really just what you said in more words, I think.

So if none is is activated, the other slots are B and C. If A1 is active, B1 and C1 If A2 is activated, B2 and C2. To use a poor alphabetical explanation.

Not the exact idea I had in mind, but certainly interesting none-the-less.

If created properly, you could make the skills really senergize together... Definitely worth the idea IMO

Not the exact idea I had in mind, but certainly interesting none-the-less.

If created properly, you could make the skills really senergize together... Definitely worth the idea IMO
    It's an interesting idea. The difficulty in making Rahabim unique does explain why they're not available yet...

There's got to be a niche for them though.

Reaver: Hit-and-run.
    Sentinel: Aerial assault.
    Tyrant: Heavy hitter.
    Deceiver: Infiltration, chaos
    Summoner: ...Summoner.

Rahab: _____

Maybe they could be focused on debuff/disable skills supplemented by various adaptive tricks (like the above-noted mist idea, chaos/flesh, damage resistances etcetera...)
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 9th Dec 2015 at 04:57.

I've been picturing something where she busts a container of water above her head and her body reacts by sprouting the scales. Perhaps it could require a sacrifice of health to activate; and once activated she becomes as invincible as the Tyrant during Ignore Pain but is still able to attack with standard melee.

What about some of these?

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    As well as an electric eel's shock and an acidic spray (behaves a bit like flamethrower), plus the variants on the shark bite that have been suggested and the temporary flesh and chaos armor spells. Chaos Aura sounds like a good name for the chaos armor ability or Leech Skin for the flesh armor ability or maybe Crimson/Aluka Aura. Or what if the mist ability that people keep suggesting was turned into a weapon. Like maybe you could enter a humans lungs and choke them.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 9th Dec 2015 at 18:38.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Like maybe you could enter a humans lungs and choke them.
    ...That got gruesome fast. Wasn't Aluka Rahab's in-development name at one point? Nice touch - though I imagine few would get the reference, and even fewer would know what the word means besides.

Don't see mist doing much to choke anybody. And unless they were to animate her turning into mist, pouring down a human's throat, their choking to death then her exit and reforming...It'd just be something like a white Choking Haze. It ought to keep to a stealth design, I think.

I like that idea about it spreading out as it masks all the vamps in range, in spite of the logistics of it affecting others making little sense. Maybe it just masks the Rahabim but still spreads out over a decent area. Gives her a lot of room to stealth about before breaking the shroud to attack. (Much how Kain would shroud into mist then move about baiting and repositioning enemies for his stealth kills - least how I played it. XD)

I like the idea of some sort of glowing aura, though I'm at a loss for an effect...
    And I still love the idea of Rahabim seeing in infrared.

Perhaps an offensive alternative ability to the mist could be steam, raising a cloud of skin searing steam from beneath the enemy's feet? Targeting could be similar to the Prophet's Drain/Disable curse.

-a spitter of various acids, sticky trapping stuff that slows humans down etc
    - can generate an intense cloud of mist around itself to hide it or allies approach or escape

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Perhaps an offensive alternative ability to the mist could be steam, raising a cloud of skin searing steam from beneath the enemy's feet? Targeting could be similar to the Prophet's Drain/Disable curse.
    Ouch...Effective.

The Rahabim could function as a type of Special Force, to the Vampires side. Striking fast and hard against any Human resistance.

http://sta.sh/01crtnjrsghj

I just came across a character from Mortal Combat called D’Vorah, who has a lot of the features I had in mind for the Rahabim. The hyperextending jaw and the tattoos are all fitting even if the Rahabim's should be a bit more shark-like than hers when fully opened. The shorter version of her cloak (particularly the one on the right in the sketch with the three of them) is something that wouldn't cause much extra weight or drag in the water. No, I'm not saying they'd swim in game, before anyone says that again, merely that the sea would be a part of their culture that shows in their appearance. The bald head and dreads could work pretty well for one or two Rahabim skins, although not all, since there are plenty bald vampires in this game already. And obviously the Rahabim wouldn't have wings or insectoid features and the Rahabim's skin tone should be pale greens, blues and greys.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8wxNn

I came across these pictures that I thought would look good on a seafaring clan as well:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    Maybe just swap out the white for black and carry over a few aspects of the male's outfit to make the female one look a bit more protected in battle.

I've mostly been looking for female references, since Psyonix said the next vampire will be female.

@Vampmaster

The lines on her face are almost exactly what I was picturing, with the slits that allow her to open her mouth to such an extreme extent being mistaken as lines from prominent cheekbones.

I'd like those clothes as a skin variant, along with the viking leathers, as well as some gothic form of linothorax armor for other skin variants.

And another one. If you're really insistent on the need to cover up from the sun, how about something like Thea's outfit from Arrow:

(click image to enlarge)

While I'd prefer to be able to see the scales, jaw and tattoos more than this would allow, at least this seems reasonably practical for moving around in the a watery environment. The laces seem to make be think of the type of person who'd work on a ship as well.

I just came across a character from Mortal Combat called D’Vorah, who has a lot of the features I had in mind for the Rahabim. The hyperextending jaw and the tattoos are all fitting even if the Rahabim's should be a bit more shark-like than hers when fully opened. The shorter version of her cloak (particularly the one on the right in the sketch with the three of them) is something that wouldn't cause much extra weight or drag in the water. No, I'm not saying they'd swim in game, before anyone says that again, merely that the sea would be a part of their culture that shows in their appearance. The bald head and dreads could work pretty well for one or two Rahabim skins, although not all, since there are plenty bald vampires in this game already. And obviously the Rahabim wouldn't have wings or insectoid features and the Rahabim's skin tone should be pale greens, blues and greys.
    Love it.

Not sure why anyone would insist on sun-cover. The sun's basically eclipsed by this point anyway.

Why not have them have an ability called Quicksand or something similar but with water? What it would do would slow down any human that enters the AoE, they can still dive to maybe build some speed momentum but this could be a move that can counter some of those extremely fast running humans.

Originally Posted by OM3GA-Z3RO
    Why not have them have an ability called Quicksand or something similar but with water? What it would do would slow down any human that enters the AoE, they can still dive to maybe build some speed momentum but this could be a move that can counter some of those extremely fast running humans.
    So kind of like Abyssal Bolt? Because that's pretty easy to avoid/not that useful for its slowdown anyway. With tweaks, of course, it could work.

Though the notion of quicksand just gave me an idea: The Rahabim's big advantage is supposed to be their adaptability. Could that include adapting the terrain, via magical means? In that case, for example, actually converting the stone beneath a human's feet into quicksand for a time?

Could open up a lot of room for it to be a trap/sabotage-based class in a unique way.

Since most of the designs for the Beastmaster are done and work is hopefully about to begin on the Rahabim, I just wanted to recap some of the ideas I really liked from earlier in the thread.

As I said, I really like the idea of some viking type designs as they were one of the first seafaring cultures.

(click image to enlarge)

I really liked GenFeelGood's earlier suggestion of using this sort of hairstyle on a few of the skins.

GenFeelGood also mentioned linothorax, which I think would be very suitable as well. However, the reference of Artemisia in 300: Rise of an Empire as a darker more manacing version of that and feels very appropriate for a vampire. She was a real historical character and commanded a fleet of ships, which would also be fitting for the Rahabim.

^^I think it would look good with blue or green etching.

Kain's red hooded outfit from Blood Omen 2 was a very good example of something that protected him from the sun while still looking like it would be practical for the Rahabim to move quickly in a wet environment such as on a boat, dock or swamp or a rainy area. My thinking is that they shouldn't wear something that would weigh them down if they're still in the process of adapting to water and want to dodge any big splashes. Even more important if they're actually at the stage where they could swim because then they'd need to be streamlined against drag in the water.

This sims mod has the outfit modified for a female, since we've already been told this would be a female class.

While looking for references to that hooded outfit, I also came across a character called Artemis who also happens to look like he might work at sea.

BTW, I had one last idea of a mist variation. In their efforts to become immune to water, they would have had to come up with ways to recover as quickly as the water did damage, right? (<-- That's also my reasoning behind the flesh armor type ability.) What if one of these methods was to spread a bloody red mist over the surface of the water that could heal other vampires nearby. Like as a way that the clan elders who were already immune could help the fledglings adapt. This could be adapted for use on the battlefield to both obstruct humans vision and heal their allies, regardless of which clan they belonged to.

I also hope that work starts on the Rahabim soon Vampmaster, I'm sure they already have a few concepts in mind to start work on; and thanks for liking some of my suggestions, I like the blood mist idea.

I guess the biggest thing I'd like to make it into the Rahabim class is the duality aspect. She moves around as a serene beauty that could almost pass for human; but once the fight is on or it is feeding time she turns into a savage beast. I'm particularly fond of the idea that when she bites she dislocates her jaw and her cheeks split open to produce a massive bite radius with now visible rows of razor sharp teeth.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 1st Mar 2016 at 14:59.

I'm particularly fond of the idea that when she bites she dislocates her jaw and her cheeks split open to produce a massive bite radius with now visible rows of razor sharp teeth.

If nothing else in this thread is a part of the class, this needs to be a part of it. The whole "passes for a beautiful human until fight time" thing reminds me of Kain's Beguile spell. Into it.
    And I still like my terrain-shifting idea.

Maybe they could steal blood from targeted humans (single target via projectile or in a radius via AoE) then disperse that into the aforementioned blood mist. Makes it offensive as well as defensive, sort of like Blood Gout was in BO. (And with the AoE route, even a bit like Blood Shower.)

I'm particularly fond of the idea that when she bites she dislocates her jaw and her cheeks split open to produce a massive bite radius with now visible rows of razor sharp teeth.
    I really want to see this as well, although I would hope something that ferocious is used as an actual attack rather than being wasted on a human that's already dead. I suppose it can be used for both, but with a different animation.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Maybe they could steal blood from targeted humans (single target via projectile or in a radius via AoE) then disperse that into the aforementioned blood mist. Makes it offensive as well as defensive, sort of like Blood Gout was in BO. (And with the AoE route, even a bit like Blood Shower.)
    I'd be careful about treading too much into Blood Manipulator territory, though, which Daniel said was Melchahim's field of expertise. I'm ok with them casting spells on their body/surroundings (the flesh armor I imagine as some sort of absorbent/magnetic property to skin), but nothing overly precise with regards to the blood. He did mention the Rahabim having the telekinetic blood thing, though, so maybe with the Melchahim, he meant more like on a chemical level. Sort of altering it to make their flesh rot more slowly or maybe just taste better.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 2nd Mar 2016 at 10:35.

I really want to see this as well, although I would hope something that ferocious is used as an actual attack rather than being wasted on a human that's already dead. I suppose it can be used for both, but with a different animation.
    As do I, I think it would be good as the charged melee. As she leans back during the buildup her mouth begins to open to the extent described and then she charges forward to deliver the full bite.

As do I, I think it would be good as the charged melee. As she leans back during the buildup her mouth begins to open to the extent described and then she charges forward to deliver the full bite.
    Personally i'd like this more as an ability...similar to Tyrant's throw where you incapacitate a human for a while.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Personally i'd like this more as an ability...similar to Tyrant's throw where you incapacitate a human for a while.
    Either way would be fine by me, as long as it makes the final cut.

Why not just make the Rahabim vampire class called the Siren and make it have crowd control and disabling abilities. Like if this

vampire class is something to do with water maybe create whirlpools to slow down enemies, and move in the water ground without

taking damage and moving faster. Plus I read up alittle bit to see how Rahabims attack with the acid like bubble attacks. What if the

bubbles did dps damage from the acid burn as well as caused either slow or temporarily messed with their vision like blind. Plus

maybe give support abilities to aid their allies making them more unique to the other vampire classes. Like some kind of water

barriers or shielding for allies to reduce damage or absorb it? As I said since they are water based vampires maybe they can

manipulate the terrain to create water landscapes like the whirlpool and a river to help them move quickly towards targets and out

of danger. Plus since they are water based maybe attacks that conquers geysers to launch enemies into the air dealing damage on hit

,and when they hit the ground. Plus to throw a name in how about either Conqueror or (as I said) the Siren for the class name? Know I am late to throw the idea

in, but thought I would give it a try and shoot one through.
    Last edited by paleknight1; 13th Mar 2016 at 15:23.

Page 22 of 23 First First ... 12181920212223 Last