Thread: Rahabim Ideas?

Rahabim Ideas?

Originally Posted by ApollosBow
    this gave me an idea of different ammo types for hunter and scouts in future
    Different ammo could be cool. With or without unique effects?

And I'm deleting-and-reposting my last thing because it drives me mad to see any idea post immediately lost to a new page. XD

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Different types of scales for each skin, I like it. For a more aggressivly toned skin I suggest something like the scales of the alligator gar fish.
    WHAT KIND OF UNHOLY FISH-BONED-A-GATOR NIGHTMARE IS THAT

...Ahem. I love the scales.

Since this is the proper ideas thread, copy-pasting this bit from the "Rahabim wall hax" thread:

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    On the note of mist (and following up on my 'Their gift would need to be extrapolated beyond swimming' observation), perhaps the Rahabim's abilities could operate around some sort of command over water states. Mist, ice and whatnot. Something like...(Caution: Examples ahead were not thought about for very long, being only examples.)

Special- Mist Phase. The vampire turns to mist and passes through barriers.
    (Can someone clarify what counts as phase-throughable? I don't recall any especially hole-y walls in Nosgoth...)
    Mist Teleport. The vampires disperses into mist and reforms at the targeted location.

Q- Glacial Impalement. The vampire manipulates water in the air to form a wall of icy lances, stabbing through the enemy.
    Spit. The vampire draws in water from the surrounding air and uses it to launch a damaging projectile. (Possibly AoE or with minor splash damage)

F- Dessication. The vampires pulls the water from the target's body, lowering their strength and/or increasing damage taken.
    Chill. The vampire manipulates the water in the air, forming frozen blocks around the target's weapon/hands to prevent attack.

Different types of scales for each skin, I like it. For a more aggressivly toned skin I suggest something like the scales of the alligator gar fish.

Their scales are so sharp that they were used as arrowheads by Native Americans.

I'm glad we decided to stick with subtle. Lt Rahab's skin in the SR1 intro was scaly, but only a few millimetres in diameter. They didn't seem overly obvious when we met the evolved Rahabim later in the game either. The PS1s graphics might have had something to do with that, but it's best to not take it over the top. As variants, shark skin and the example I gave would work and maybe something same size in a more typical pattern, but nothing massive.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I'm glad we decided to stick with subtle. Lt Rahab's skin in the SR1 intro was scaly, but only a few millimetres in diameter. They didn't seem overly obvious when we met the evolved Rahabim later in the game either. The PS1s graphics might have had something to do with that, but it's best to not take it over the top. As variants, shark skin and the example I gave would work and maybe something same size in a more typical pattern, but nothing massive.
    It's only the scale pattern I'm really suggesting, which I think should at least be recognizable to the one playing her. I still agree that it should be subtle enough to almost go unnoticed by other players in a fight; but not so subtle that the one playing her can't tell if it is scales or just a nasty case of psoriasis.

Lt Rahab's skin in the SR1 intro was scaly, but only a few millimetres in diameter.
    I never knew Rahab had scales until people on this forum mentioned it. Subtle is the way to go but let's just be sure that the scales are actually visible enough.

I never knew Rahab had scales until people on this forum mentioned it. Subtle is the way to go but let's just be sure that the scales are actually visible enough.
    They were visible enough in the GlyphX image posted earlier on.

(click image to enlarge)

The ones on the lower part of his face and the left side of his neck are pretty small, but I think they'd show up in Nosgoth. Maybe not big enough to count from a distance, but certainly not normal human skin.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

is it just me or should "dead" vampires ,as kains are, not need to breath so wouldnt need to have gills. This always bugged me
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    is it just me or should "dead" vampires ,as kains are, not need to breath so wouldnt need to have gills. This always bugged me
    The rules around vampire strengths and weaknesses vary from franchise to franchise. I don't remember if it's ever been stated whether vampires need to breathe of not in the Legacy of Kain series. I'd assume they wouldn't die just from not having access to air, but I suppose they could still be knocked out or something.

I agree that vampires always vary. The not needing to breath is a common one. Ill ask Dan C
    signature image

With the breathing, I think it is necessary. Kain seemed out of breath during the dialogue midway through his fight against Raziel. Come to think of it so did Raziel, he may not have the stomach for much more of Kain's advice; but at least he still has the lungs to talk back at him.

With the breathing, I think it is necessary. Kain seemed out of breath during the dialogue midway through his fight against Raziel. Come to think of it so did Raziel, he may not have the stomach for much more of Kain's advice; but at least he still has the lungs to talk back at him.
    I'd always took that just as a general sign of fatigue (like the Wilhelm Scream of "I'm exhausted"). Even vampiric muscles should spend energy, and Raziel is at the best of times only tenuously tied to the material world (as well as not even having the organs responsible for breathing). But it's entirely possible that they require air. I seem to recall Janos' reviving with a great inhale when Raziel returned his heart.

A rather gruesome idea occurred: In the case of actual fish, oxygen goes through the gills, is drawn inside, carbon dioxide/water go out. Perhaps Rahabim filter blood from other underwater matter in this way for feeding purposes (as opposed to just sucking down whatever silica or other stuff would inevitably mix into blood let out into the water).
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 20th May 2015 at 02:06.

A rather gruesome idea occurred: In the case of actual fish, oxygen goes through the gills, is drawn inside, carbon dioxide/water go out. Perhaps Rahabim filter blood from other underwater matter in this way for feeding purposes (as opposed to just sucking down whatever silica or other stuff would inevitably mix into blood let out into the water).
    Interesting thought, there has been interest in seeing a version of Kain's Blood Shower ability from Blood Omen in this game; and Vampmaster mentioned wanting a state ability (like Reaver Haste) where she does more damage with her melee by also absorbing health with each strike (if I have remembered this wrong then sorry Vampmaster). What if we merged those two things together around the fish dynamic mentioned above, she creates an aoe that follows her around and allows her to draw in a portion of the blood (health) that is released momentarily into the air by the humans inside the aoe field when they are struck or damaged? This could include not just her attacks but any attacks made on humans made by her team or even by the humans themselves in self damage.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 20th May 2015 at 04:20.

Interesting thought, there has been interest in seeing a version of Kain's Blood Shower ability from Blood Omen in this game; and Vampmaster mentioned wanting a state ability (like Reaver Haste) where she does more damage with her melee by also absorbing health with each strike (if I have remembered this wrong then sorry Vampmaster). What if we merged those two things together around the fish dynamic mentioned above, she creates an aoe that follows her around and allows her to draw in a portion of the blood (health) that is released momentarily into the air by the humans inside the aoe field when they are struck or damaged? This could include not just her attacks but any attacks made on humans made by her team or even by the humans themselves in self damage.
    No, I wasn't suggesting it doing extra damage. I was saying that while the spell is active, any damage points the Rahabim does to an enemy using standard melee attacks are added back onto it's own health. If your standard melee attack does 200 damage points to an enemy, for example, then that's the amount of health you recover. As if they're drinking or absorbing any blood that would otherwise fall on the floor from their normal attacks.

AoE would not just be overpowered if added on top of that and it would be too similar to Blood Shower that I'm hoping the Melchahim will eventually get.

Basically it's 10 or 20 seconds (or whatever is fair) use of HP Absorb Materia from FF7. You just use your regular attacks and any damage you do is rewarded by health points given back to you.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/HP_Absorb
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 20th May 2015 at 11:36.

Understood Vampmaster, perhaps then this could be the mechanism that is behind the health absorption aspect of the ability? It could only work on the ones she strikes because it requires such a close proximity?
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 20th May 2015 at 16:17.

Understood Vampmaster, perhaps then this could be the mechanism that is behind the health absorption aspect of the ability? It could only work on the ones she strikes because it requires such a close proximity?
    Oh, you mean the lore explanation for why it doesn't work on all enemies that other players are doing damage to? Sure. I was imagining it working the same way as the flesh armor did in Blood Omen 1. It was never explained why that only worked on enemies that Kain personally attacked and didn't just soak up blood that was nearby. I just assumed it was just how it's magic happened to work. If the proximity thing is the explanation you want to give it, then I don't mind one way or the other.

Yes just an explanation and possibly a way to show it in animation, beads of blood being pulled onto her from the air as they are released from the freshly opened wounds she inflicts upon her human targets; and absorbed into the skin where it serves to replenish her health.

Yes just an explanation and possibly a way to show it in animation, beads of blood being pulled onto her from the air as they are released from the freshly opened wounds she inflicts upon her human targets; and absorbed into the skin where it serves to replenish her health.
    Yep. That's pretty much how Kain's flesh armor worked. I tried to find a video, but to no avail.

Ah, flesh armor...Guides always mentioned wraith armor being the best choice but I never saw any reason to ever not use flesh armor. (Thankfully, I had a massive stock of anti-toxin traveling through Dark Eden...)

I do like that idea for the Rahabim, particularly blended with the gills things. Makes me want to cackle like an evil little gremlin.

Melchahim getting blood shower at some point would be nice...Might actually get them off the bloody (haha) rooftops.

Ah, flesh armor...Guides always mentioned wraith armor being the best choice but I never saw any reason to ever not use flesh armor. (Thankfully, I had a massive stock of anti-toxin traveling through Dark Eden...)

I do like that idea for the Rahabim, particularly blended with the gills things. Makes me want to cackle like an evil little gremlin.

Melchahim getting blood shower at some point would be nice...Might actually get them off the bloody (haha) rooftops.
    The wraith armour drained your mana to reduce damage, so think I mostly used it with two handed weapons like the soul reaver and the axes. Since they prevent you from using magic, I figured I might as well use the mana for something. Flesh armour worked great with the axes as well as long as you weren't around poisonous enemies. I think in Dark Eden, I usually went with chaos armour, since there's so much trying to attack you there all at once. A chaos armour type effect would go great with the Rahabim too. I like the idea that they could have evolved a natural deterrent. It goes well withethe adapt to survive thing as I've mentioned before.

Here's a thought for the Evolved Skin. They should ware hoods or at least a mask that covers them.

After all the trade-off for them overcoming their weakness to water was an increased susceptibility to sunlight, and seeing as the
    Evolved skin is the middle point between the advantage and liability of such a trait, it would be a nice call forward to their Soul Reaver appearance.

The wraith armour drained your mana to reduce damage, so think I mostly used it with two handed weapons like the soul reaver and the axes. Since they prevent you from using magic, I figured I might as well use the mana for something. Flesh armour worked great with the axes as well as long as you weren't around poisonous enemies. I think in Dark Eden, I usually went with chaos armour, since there's so much trying to attack you there all at once. A chaos armour type effect would go great with the Rahabim too. I like the idea that they could have evolved a natural deterrent. It goes well withethe adapt to survive thing as I've mentioned before.
    I found chugging anti-toxins immediately after feeding on poison gave the blood while negating much of the poison. Malek's Bastion was far worse for me.

A chaos armor effect, hm...Well, there are many undersea creatures with adaptations for damaging would-be predators so there's a slight connection design-wise as well as personality-wise. That with the flesh-armor-esque alternative fills the F slot nicely.

I found chugging anti-toxins immediately after feeding on poison gave the blood while negating much of the poison. Malek's Bastion was far worse for me.

A chaos armor effect, hm...Well, there are many undersea creatures with adaptations for damaging would-be predators so there's a slight connection design-wise as well as personality-wise. That with the flesh-armor-esque alternative fills the F slot nicely.
    I'm not too concerned about *all* the Rahabim abilities being fish/sea-creature abilities as long as a few of them are. The ones that aren't should be based around Rahab's eagerness to adapt.

To begin with, I only thought it would be a spell, so it would just be some supernatural sync up where the wounds that the Rahabim takes magically appear on the attacker. I mean, I gave the example of the chaos armour and that was mystical rather than biological, so there is precedent in the LOK universe.

If the chaos armor needs to be both though, I guess they could either fire tiny scales as a weapon or perhaps the electric eel thing could be incorporated into the chaos armor spell. I was thinking earlier on during alpha about a xenomorph type thing where they had acid for blood. I decided against it at the time, but maybe it's not so bad.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 22nd May 2015 at 14:37.

I'm not too concerned about *all* the Rahabim abilities being fish/sea-creature abilities as long as a few of them are. The ones that aren't should be based around Rahab's eagerness to adapt.

To begin with, I only thought it would be a spell, so it would just be some supernatural sync up where the wounds that the Rahabim takes magically appear on the attacker. I mean, I gave the example of the chaos armour and that was mystical rather than biological, so there is precedent in the LOK universe.

If the chaos armor needs to be both though, I guess they could either fire tiny scales as a weapon or perhaps the electric eel thing could be incorporated into the chaos armor spell. I was thinking earlier on during alpha about a xenomorph type thing where they had acid for blood. I decided against it at the time, but maybe it's not so bad.
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting it had to be a sea-creature thing. Just noting that it kinda lined up well with that regardless. Though I do prefer it be that way myself on account of "It's a spell" is kind of getting to be an overdone explanation of abilities. Seems that nobody has evolved gifts anymore, just magic and spells and concoctions.

If we were to go the 'sea creature' sort of route (evolved 'gift'), I had an idea that perhaps the Rahabim's scales would not grow instantaneously but over time. The skin segments (so it looks like scales, but isn't yet), hardens into tiny spines which they can fire at the enemy. Over time, these would ultimately become permanent scales, of course. (Though if it's something shot out at the enemy, it'd fit more in the Q slot, I think. It also would just be a regular attack in that case, not a 'return damage' thing, so the electric eel angle would work better for an actual Chaos Armor effect.)

On the 'magic' front, a different lore concept occurred to me: Post-Blood Omen, we never see the Flesh/Chaos Armor. I don't imagine that Kain just abandoned such powerful tools but rather stored them away, so perhaps in some period following Raziel's execution, Kain passed these to Rahab (him being fiercely loyal, famously adaptable and arguably something of a confidant among the inner circle) intending their powers to help compensate for the loss of a lieutenant. Over prolonged usage of the armors, their magic could have become infused into Rahab himself in such a way that their unique powers manifest naturally in his descendants. So it would be the magic of the armor for Rahab (magic which, by SR's era, will perhaps have degraded within him and left him without the power), but more of a natural evolution for his brood.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 22nd May 2015 at 15:32.

Originally Posted by Razielim1993
    Here's a thought for the Evolved Skin. They should ware hoods or at least a mask that covers them.

After all the trade-off for them overcoming their weakness to water was an increased susceptibility to sunlight, and seeing as the
    Evolved skin is the middle point between the advantage and liability of such a trait, it would be a nice call forward to their Soul Reaver appearance.
    The problem with trying to emphasise the weakness to sunlight is that it negates any effort to show their strengths. Trying to balance the two aspects visually, would likely result in something that doesn't look particularly aquatic/seafaring and doesn't look particularly weak against the sun either. I think the most they should have to protect them from the sun is some kind of short, lightweight wedding or funeral type veil that wouldn't weigh them down in the water too much or make them appear weak in front of their enemies. Weakness is not something that vampires would want to make obvious.

Maybe they could get away with something like this or a bit shorter so it stops half way down her back.

(click image to enlarge)

EDIT: Thes is what the scales shoulf be like, except more numerous and greyer/greener.

(click image to enlarge)

Is anyone able to photo shop the first image to have scales like the second?
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 23rd May 2015 at 13:13.

Originally Posted by Razielim1993
    a mask
    Getting really sick of masks...

I'm of a mind that when they do the evolve skin that at that time the developing vulnerability to Sunlight will be in its early stages, so coverings should be present but not overwhelmingly so. They could wear an open keffiyeh

or perhaps she covers herself in a tar like substance that functions as a sun block.

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th May 2015 at 12:20. Reason: adding thumb tags

Page 14 of 23 First First ... 4101112131415161718 ... Last