Thread: Rahabim Ideas?

Rahabim Ideas?

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    What if the bite was instead part of the melee, possibly even the charged melee animation and dealing more damage than the others because it would have to be more individually focused instead a broad sweep?
    Sounds great.

What if the bite was instead part of the melee, possibly even the charged melee animation and dealing more damage than the others because it would have to be more individually focused instead a broad sweep?

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Sounds great.
    Id prefer if it was an animated move like pounce but standing - Maybe make it like Mileenas bite move from the Mortal Kombat games...example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQIOtcp7Wnc

Also Teeth like hers would be badass :P

After finally getting my hands on the next installment of the Demon Cycle, the image of Ren on the cover is along what I picture in terms of how the Rahabim's look before showing their savage side (picture her without the ward markings, claws instead of the knife, and wearing more substantial clothing or armor).

After finally getting my hands on the next installment of the Demon Cycle, the image of Ren on the cover is along what I picture in terms of how the Rahabim's look before showing their savage side (picture her without the ward markings, claws instead of the knife, and wearing more substantial clothing or armor).

Would love the idea of them have short blades like this, could add to the customization similar to the Vanguard

It would be nice if melee weapons were introduced; but I'm not entirely sold on knives since that is basically of the same category of blades that you would fit the claws into, so it would be better to keep claws IMO when it comes to the lower damage/fast attack rate option.

Apollo: My vision of bite has always assumed teeth like MK's Baraka or Arkham's Killer Croc:

(click image to enlarge)

Granted, that's a bit much for default. Evolved though...

To have the mouth full of razor teeth while still being able to conceal them behind a smile, how about a page out of the show Supernatural? In the show, vampires have both regular human teeth and a row of fangs. The row of razor teeth are concealed within the gums and can extend out over the normal teeth & retract back into the gums on command.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 5th May 2015 at 18:54.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Apollo: My vision of bite has always assumed teeth like MK's Baraka or Arkham's Killer Croc:

Granted, that's a bit much for default. Evolved though...
    Look at dem pearly whites...this would be vicious looking

...also does Killer Croc even lift O_o?

To have the mouth full of razor teeth while still being able to conceal them behind a smile, how about a page out of the show Supernatural? In the show, vampires have both regular human teeth and a row of fangs. The row of razor teeth are concealed within the gums and can extend out over the normal teeth & retract back into the gums on command.
    I always pictured that they'd just be able to conceal the teeth due to specially evolved jaws or something like how a snake stretches its jaw to gobble up rats. But that would be a fine way to do it.

THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!! GImme this class..

i mean.. LOOK AT IT!

https://www.google.nl/search?q=Rahab...80%3B442%3B700

Originally Posted by TigranovichS
    THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!! GImme this class..

i mean.. LOOK AT IT!

https://www.google.nl/search?q=Rahab...80%3B442%3B700
    That's how they end up in Soul Reaver, but this game is a few centuries earlier. They shouldn't be that evolved/devolved yet. There will be an evolved skin eventually though.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Are we in agreement that at this time the immunity to water has arrived? It only effects one map atm but that could change with future maps; and it would interesting to turn one of the best human defended positions in Freeport on it's head. If a human hazard could also be included to balance then things could get interesting.

Are we in agreement that at this time the immunity to water has arrived? It only effects one map atm but that could change with future maps; and it would interesting to turn one of the best human defended positions in Freeport on it's head. If a human hazard could also be included to balance then things could get interesting.
    I think it would be great if the next map had a small waterfall over an archway door or some kind of short cut/waterhole in a room with one door viable only for Rahabim thanks to his immunity, helping flank the enemy, regular vamps could only use the other path the humans came, something small like this would be a good tribute to the lore and fit in with the asymmetric gameplay.

Though those ideas sound cool, I think it'd be a little too far reaching to include swimming mechanics at this stage for only one class... and tbh I don't agree that the water immunity would have fully come in yet - Rahab may well be able to take a bath now, but I doubt his fledgling kin are.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

It seems like the majority are in agreement with that. I'm pretty sure the developers aren't though, and with good reason. You'd have one map where everyone would play Rahabim and the rest where they'd have the advantage of water immunity being useless, but still have whatever disadvantages were in place to balance it out meaning they'd be weaker in all of those maps. Fixing that by putting water hazards in each map would take up more resources than Psyonix have available as would trying to tailor each map to specific classes. Corey already said back in closed alpha that elemental resistances or immunities aside from ones that are common to all vampires/humans would not be introduced as everybody would constantly be switching to counter classes of whatever element the other team was using. Sure, maybe the elemental weapons remain superficial, but environments have a similar problem that you're locked into specific clssses. Do you really want people raging whenever they decide you're using the wrong class fir the current map?

I think it's safer all around for gameplay if the Rahabim aren't immune to water yet. An idea I had was that it takes time to prepare every time they enter the water, at this stage of their evolution. Sort of like entering a very hot bath or like how salmon must go through a process or osmoregulation when adapting between salt and fresh water.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmoregulation

That actually sounds like a cool name for ability if interpreted loosely. The 'osmo' part is from osmosis which could be the life steal thing I mentioned earlier.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    It seems like the majority are in agreement with that. I'm pretty sure the developers aren't though, and with good reason. You'd have one map where everyone would play Rahabim and the rest where they'd have the advantage of water immunity being useless, but still have whatever disadvantages were in place to balance it out meaning they'd be weaker in all of those maps. Fixing that by putting water hazards in each map would take up more resources than Psyonix have available as would trying to tailor each map to specific classes. Corey already said back in closed alpha that elemental resistances or immunities aside from ones that are common to all vampires/humans would not be introduced as everybody would constantly be switching to counter classes of whatever element the other team was using. Sure, maybe the elemental weapons remain superficial, but environments have a similar problem that you're locked into specific classes. Do you really want people raging whenever they decide you're using the wrong class fir the current map?

I think it's safer all around for gameplay if the Rahabim aren't immune to water yet. An idea I had was that it takes time to prepare every time they enter the water, at this stage of their evolution. Sort of like entering a very hot bath or like how salmon must go through a process or osmoregulation when adapting between salt and fresh water.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmoregulation

That actually sounds like a cool name for ability if interpreted loosely. The 'osmo' part is from osmosis which could be the life steal thing I mentioned earlier.
    interesting little article there....I liked this "Osmotic pressure is a measure of the tendency of water to move into one solution from another by osmosis"...made me think, Osmosis - teleport ability like shadow step but with water effects...looking like a T-1000 poping down and up out of the ground, just brainstorming there.

*But I definitely like the idea of using Hydro-logic terms to describe some of his abilities though*

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    Though those ideas sound cool, I think it'd be a little too far reaching to include swimming mechanics at this stage for only one class... and tbh I don't agree that the water immunity would have fully come in yet - Rahab may well be able to take a bath now, but I doubt his fledgling kin are.
    It would be an cool easter egg if they'd make the evolved rahabim die slowly if they fell in the water in Freeport (instead of instant death).

I found a great idea of how the Class could look.
    http://louves.deviantart.com/art/Nos...lass-532868105

I think this stingray skin could work very well as a skin texture. Tweaked to be a pale white for fledglings and a darker blue/green for evolved.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by Razielim1993
    I found a great idea of how the Class could look.
    http://louves.deviantart.com/art/Nos...lass-532868105
    I like it, combine the idea below and wev got a skin :P

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I think this stingray skin could work very well as a skin texture. Tweaked to be a pale white for fledglings and a darker blue/green for evolved.

(click image to enlarge)
    Holy shiz this is glorious good call Vamp....also imagine different types of fish skin on the different skins, amazing. Lookout blowfish Rahabim :O

Did a quick mock-up. For an Evolved Rahabim, I would suggest something of a thinner lip (if not a lack of) and rather than a proper nose, something like a snake's nostrils. (Note that both lack a nose here because I couldn't be bothered. XD)

Uhhhhm It would be nice if you asked me next time before you use my work and upload it somewhere else

Interesting....I like the silver skin better, in picture and my imagination...Be great if they nailed the reflective color tones (like in Vamps picture) as you move around, so then it would be mainly silver but as you move it gives off hues of green and blue, might be a bit gpu demanding though, but worth it.

Different types of scales for each skin, I like it. For a more aggressivly toned skin I suggest something like the scales of the alligator gar fish.

Their scales are so sharp that they were used as arrowheads by Native Americans.

Loving this thread...all suggestions are very interesting and achievable from a artist and developer viewpoint, I hope :/

[/QUOTE]

hmmm not related to Rahabim but this gave me an idea of different ammo types for hunter and scouts in future...prob been mentioned before. Example: "Scalehead Arrows - Made from the remnants of dead Rahabim"

Page 13 of 23 First First ... 391011121314151617 ... Last