Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New patch 1.1.1. for CD version available.

New patch 1.1.1. for CD version available.

Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander

New patch 1.1.1. for CD version available.

If you purchased this game digitally, the digital version that you downloaded should already be up to date with the latest patches. You should contact the web page you downloaded the game from for support information. In the case of the digital products on the Eidos website, the vendor is TryMedia, and their main website is www.TryGames.com. Their support site is csc.trymedia.com
    Patch 1.1.1 resolves the following:

- Added version numbers to identify different game versions
    - Lower bandwidth usage when playing multiplayer games
    - Multiple client connections now allowed from the same IP address
    - LAN connection issues fixed
    - GameSpy servers no longer appear in LAN browser
    - Addition of a connection-meter to the multiplayer menus
    - 'Surrender' option added to the in game multiplayer menu
    - The game no longer stops the Windows screensaver
    - Fix for the multiplayer map 'Islands of Solomon'
    - Fix for a mission-end camera issue with the multiplayer map 'Operation MI'
    - Foliage trees no longer have the black outline
    - Fixed an issue with the ships' flags
    - The propeller on the "please wait" screen is now rolling
    - The multiplayer code now includes the GameSpy NAT Negotiation feature

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/...d=189&nav=0,50

Ok now Im confused, so there are 2 patches made for the boxed version now, and 0 patches made for steam users ?? am I correct ?

No. If the patch is available for teh one DL then it should be for all. It maybe that STEAM hasnt hosted it yet.

Ok thanks

So, before I use this patch that screws up my game (again), let me clarify.

The 1.1.1 patch will work on the D2D version of BSM????
    SODsniper
    www.specialopsdivision.us

no. You need to get the patch from the company you DL the game from.

If you purchased this game digitally, the digital version that you downloaded should already be up to date with the latest patches. You should contact the web page you downloaded the game from for support information. In the case of the digital products on the Eidos website, the vendor is TryMedia, and their main website is www.TryGames.com. Their support site is csc.trymedia.com

Any word on the content patch?

Not as of yet. I will post it when I get any information.

Weeeeeeeee

Hope to play some good games with more peoples.

Nice one

Looks like 1.1.1 is a hotfix for the errors in a SP mission and academy tutorial, good to see the devs are on the ball hehe

Lower bandwidth usage when playing multiplayer games

Has any one noticed that this has helped?

Hi,
    is it neccessary to install Patch 1.1 before installing 1.1.1 ??

Or just on 1.0 ?

(PC-CD-User)

rgds

Teoha_GER

Hmm Steam installed the patch today, and it now reads 1.1.1 on the server screen, but thats pretty much all it does, I cant see any servers at all, except for 1 milisecond when I open the server screen, then I see 3 grey dots, and then they are gone, sometimes 2 rows of grey dots is seen for a milisecond, but no games ....... I realize it could be because no games are running, but its just odd that I cant find any servers at all.

Is this how it looks for everyone ?

Originally Posted by Poised
    Hmm Steam installed the patch today, and it now reads 1.1.1 on the server screen, but thats pretty much all it does, I cant see any servers at all, except for 1 milisecond when I open the server screen, then I see 3 grey dots, and then they are gone, sometimes 2 rows of grey dots is seen for a milisecond, but no games ....... I realize it could be because no games are running, but its just odd that I cant find any servers at all.

The grayed out servers are older version ones. Give it a day for everybody to patch up.

still waiting here

16. Originally Posted by Poised

common guys relax!!
    the most load this patch last day or today so.... there are not much server up!
    this will change next days (like the situation whit p 1.1) and if all D2d user can update too now we will have more people in game than!

Thanks for the official steam update .

-lexxy.

2 days since the patch now, and I still havent been able to play a single round, still not a single server on the list, so either something is wrong with this patch, or everyone just stopped playing on the exact same day.

Exclamation

This is worrying. Same problem. No servers... ever.

Wonderful! - what's more, users on STEAM are automagically (and forced) to upgrade to the latest build - we cannot roll back.

..perhaps it's time to reapply my funky 1.1.0 patch.....

-lexxy.

20. An intressting Tip!!

hi all!
    maybe i have an intressting tip for all here!
    im an xfire (messanger/ingame server browser) user and this xfire search for new updates of the installed games on harddisc.
    as i start xfire 2 days ago ,the program download the 1.1 and 1.1.1 patch automaticly in the folder were it is installed!
    like = E:\Xfire\downloads
    download is www.xfire.com!
    maybe this works for D2d versions too!

wishes AKAGI

DAng still majority of servers are not patched and it still very hard to find a 1.1.1 game.

There are at least 6 grey servers to one 1.1.1 joinable server, since they cant see our servers like we cant see em they dont even know it out...

Anyway of posting something in gamespy lobby so when pple login they find out there is a new update?

Yay, patch for D2D users is finally here. hurrah!!

I've played about four or five online games with 1.1.1.

There's still hardly anyone to play with. Only one game was full with 8 people.

Only time I saw the "High Latency" message flashing was when a host dropped.

I think I saw a post in these forums somewhere that the D2D patch is out... That's great, but I think most of those D2D people already lost interest i.e. AREN'T PLAYING because it took so long for these patches to reach them.

I maybe entirely wrong on that point. Anyways. There's no one to play with online.

Since patching to 1.1.1 I've seen two servers in the server list at the same time. And one server had an afk host. oh well, that's normal, right? I hosted some games for 1v1..hey, the game is great. Too bad no one plays.

I tell everyone I know about this game, because I am so desperate for people to play with. It's really pathetic. Really.

Does anyone care that the demo did not get patched and we cannot help new players join our 1.1.1 servers to show them the game and hopefully generate new team members which keeps the community alive?

Apparently there was some debate amoungst edios wether or not to make the Demo patched to 1.1.1.

Seems like those wanted no won out, kinda a pity as with the limited numbers it would have been a good promotion to still keep the demo pple in touch with the 1.1.1 retail, but BSM despite being a great game has had quite a few marketing shortfalls imho.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last