Thread: set up problems

set up problems

I have not set up new games for many years, I have just installed Legnd for my daughter and when we try to run it, the screen blanks out then comes back with "Failed to initialise Direct 3D with current settings". When I click OK I get a second screen with some settings, I have tried to change these and found the only difference I get is when I move the contrast and color to maximum, the blanck screen lasts less time before the error message comes on.
    Can anyone help?
    According to the computer requirements we are well within what is minimum, and what is recomeneded.

Smile

Please post the content of your DXDiag report.

Q: How do I get my DXDiag.txt?
    A: Click Start, then run. Type dxdiag and click ok. In the new window click save information as... and save the file to your harddrive by clicking ok again.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

set up problems

Wher do i send the DXDiag.txt to?

You can post the first third of that text file here. We need to see the information about the graphic card and the audio devices.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar View Post
    Please post the content of your DXDiag report.

Q: How do I get my DXDiag.txt?
    A: Click Start, then run. Type dxdiag and click ok. In the new window click save information as... and save the file to your harddrive by clicking ok again.
    WHAT DOES THIS DO

It gives the information needed to determine why legend might not run on that system.

Hardware, drivers, installed updates etc.