Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: somebody post up a hamachi server

somebody post up a hamachi server

somebody post up a hamachi server

the game works pretty good under hamachi and I'm wondering if anybody can get a hamachi server up to get some games?

Yes, a public Hamachi server would be a great answer to everyone's connection issues, regardless of whether the real problem is firewalls, routers, Gamespy, solar flares, or the game itself. Unfortunately I don't think it would be practical to get such a thing organized, especially since a lot of people on these boards seem to believe that Hamachi is evil and messes up your network settings. But hey, create a network and post the name and password and I'll head on there when I get a chance.

Just make your own and then post the name and password.

But make sure your harddrives and etc aren't vulnerable during so, incase other people want to access your files...

join my hamachi network

Just for Battlestation gaming. It works great, just log in and go to LAN play and create/join a server.

network name is: battlestations
    password is: midway

I probably won't be playing much but I want to put this up to allow people to play. At least until someone at Eidos/gamespy gets on the ball and gets the netplay system working.

Hey i'm in my nick is BlackJack in Hamachi

Hey I am also whoohoo lets see if this works

I just logged in Hamachi... wanna play a round or 2 with me??
    Hmm i will kept my host on for 30 mins then i will go offline... it's kinna getting late down here.... (2am aready)

any wanna play right now?

can someone explain to me how to play on the hamachi server?

http://www.hamachi.cc/download/

go there and download hamachi.

install and then join a network with the info provided above or join mine, basically what it does is make ur pc think its on lan when its really not, thus making you join the lan games through the game.

anyways heres my server

network: battlestations2

pass - midway

man... why can't we just join 1 network/channel in hamachi ???
    Network name is: battlestations
    Password is: midway

Problem with hamachi

Hi

As a last attempt to play the game, i downloaded hamachi, installed and got it running. I have joined the listed network and can see people logged.

I run the game, ask to join a network gain on the LAN and I get no servers listed.

Is there anything else i have to set on my machine to get it working?

Thanks

pchees

You must have IPX/SPX Installed in your network connection. (Or no one hosted a game and is idling.)

so i just join the server, then go on battlestations, then go on lan, and play?

Originally Posted by snoopey
    which hamatchi should i download there is like a windows one and linux one and stuff?
    um. if you use windows download the windows version of hamachi.
    if you use linux (why do I doubt that).

get the windows one.

ok i downloaded, logged in battlestations2 and went on battlestations, clicked of lan, and there was no server.

so what do i have to do?

someone plz answer me, tell me how to play on hamatchi i donwloaded it and joined the network, buit wen i go on lan there is no server

of course there won't be any server!!! no one host yet! if you can get enough people play the game at same time, then one guy host, others can see it. if no one host, then no game.

btw, anyone in Battlestation2 room wanna play now? many ppl are online thou...

i just hosted a room. if anyone in Battlestation2 room and reading this post, go into the game now!

Ok who made the battlestations2 hamachi network??

The goal is to make ONE network to get everybody onbody one place to play -- NOT to divide up the community.

The "battlestations" (pw: midway) network currently has around 20 users that have logged on at one point. I donno how many the battlestations2 has but if it has more I would be happy to close mine.

In any case, I urge people just to join the "battlestations" network with password: "midway".

As for how to play with hamachi, once you log in you can see via which person has green dots who else is on the network at that same time. Obviously if nobody is on, there will be no games. Someone has to create a game too. Unfortunately the geniuses who made the game didn't create any dedicated server mode that I know of. Good luck people!

/personally I don't have a chance to play that often, I only made the network to help people out.

pois it wont let me, its says the server is full

we need to make a sticky about this

Hamachi Netword

Join in the fun.... Since GameSpy is not wanting to host MIDWAY games, I will!

NAME: SniperMidway
    PW: poohead

Originally Posted by SODsniper
    Join in the fun.... Since GameSpy is not wanting to host MIDWAY games, I will!

NAME: SniperMidway
    PW: poohead
    another one of those ideots who want to divide the community...
    anyway my host on channel Battlestations in hamachi is up, feel free to join mine =)

btw if i am online meants my host will be on in hamachi

Originally Posted by SpAcEsTeAk™
    another one of those ideots who want to divide the community...
    anyway my host on channel Battlestations in hamachi is up, feel free to join mine =)

btw if i am online meants my host will be on in hamachi
    Who you calling an idiot, ya marroon!!!

FYI, the Free Version of Hamachi only can handle 16 connections at a time.. So, unless you are saying that the BSM Demo community is only 15 person strong, I think you are simply going to have to accept that there will be more than one HAMACHI Server for BSM.

Having said that, I was able to connect to the NET (finally).. You have to install GameSpy Arcade II...

Have a happy..
    SODsniper
    www.specialopsdivision.us

Yeah unfortunately the free version of hamachi only allows 16 connections.

Ideally the idiots at gamespy will fix the problem or there really is no point for me to buy the actual game if multiplayer does not work.

I don't care about the select few who are directly connected to the internet without a firewall. I can actually connect now and then and there are maybe 30 people playing the demo TOPS.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last