Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last

Thread: Collective

Collective

Collective

Help Make Something Awesome

Collective is a curated platform that enables creators to post ideas, and gamers to judge whether those ideas should become reality or not. Every idea that's successful with the community is checked and helped by Square Enix, while a partnership with world-leading crowdfunding platform Indiegogo enables gamers to then back the ideas they love the most.

What's in it for developers?

Get your game ideas out there – showcase your project pitches to a dedicated, core gaming community and get feedback on your plans. Talk directly to the people who could be the ones to fund or buy your game, and start building momentum behind your game idea.

After 28 days on the Collective feedback platform, if it's clear that the community supports your idea you could find funding direct from the crowd via our partnership with Indiegogo.

Each project pitch submitted goes through an evaluation phase to ensure ideas sit within the submission parameters, and if the community backs your ideas we'll work with you on a due diligence process to give the community reassurance that you have the expertise and tools you need to create the game you're planning to – plus we'll use our experience of bringing games to market to help you work out how much you'll need to raise to make it a reality.

If for any reason you don't make it through this due diligence phase, we'll give you feedback on why, or what you might need to add – so whatever happens you get something you can work with.

Submitting a pitch is free, although you will need to accept some terms and conditions. Collective encourages an open development process, and as much transparency and communication with the community around decision-making during the development phase as possible.

Plus - you could have the chance to work with some of the older Eidos IP from our back-catalogue. More information on submission parameters and IP selection will be made available at GDC Next, November 5-7 at the LA Convention Center. If you have any questions or feedback, let us know.

What's in it for the community?
    This is your chance to shape games development and champion ideas that you'd like to become reality. The rise of crowdfunding platforms have pushed the concept of gamer choice to a new level, and Collective allows you to use your voice – but with the reassurance that before a project goes through to the funding stage, it'll be checked and helped by our team to confirm that the scope of the pitch is in line with the team's ability and ambition to create, as well as utilising our experience of game production to attach realistic budgeting plans.

When a pitch goes live, you'll have 28 days to decide if you think it'll make a good game, and get involved in the feedback process. Then, if that idea receives enough support, we'll check it out – and if the team is good to go, we'll open it up for crowdfunding via our partnership with Indiegogo– which is your chance to get in early and help to get the game you want to play into development.

Plus, if a game is funded, you can continue to be part of the development process, with regular updates from the team making it – and maybe even the chance to help take tough or key design decisions too.

The concept has been shaped by feedback from the development community over the past few months, and now we want to hear your thoughts –so send questions and opinions to us direct.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 14th Oct 2013 at 16:00.

Development
    • What is Square Enix Collective? Collective is a platform designed to help small teams get creative, innovative and fun ideas to market by showcasing new ideas to you – the community.

Why Square Enix is inviting indies to explore its vault of intellectual property
    (Edge)
    – "The indie games sector is vital for the future strength of the industry, so that’s something we want to try to support", says Phil Elliott.

Pilot projects for Collective have now been chosen
    – we're launching next month and will have more news early in January!!

Square Enix Collective launches today!
    Game pitches from Ruffian Games, Kitfox Games and Tuque Games now live.

Game of Glens
    Game of Glens is a fun and frantic game of skill and tactics that provides a genuinely new and unique blend of action and strategy. You manage your Highland Clan and compete in the original, ancient Scottish highland games known as the Game of Glens. The game combines resource management, physical structure building and projectile based combat, featuring a variety of single and multiplayer gameplay modes.

Moon Hunters
    Moon Hunters is an open-world adventure for 1-4 players, solving ancient mysteries and building mythologies. Explore a gorgeous 8-bit procedurally generated world that's rich with crafting, non-linear stories, and arcane lore.

World War Machine
    "We stand on the last promontory of the centuries! ...Why should we look back, when what we want is to break down the mysterious doors of the impossible?”

Last edited by Grimoire; 27th Jan 2014 at 18:19.

Can anyone pitch (well construced) ideas or concepts there, or is it just for teams and people with the capacity and/or "intentions" of making a full fledged game?

Why don't you send your questions and opinions to us direct? ^_-
    I am sure Phil and the others would be delighted to hear about your ideas.

Collective – week one update
    a bit of an update on where we’re at, and what we’ve learned since last week’s launch.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 8th Feb 2014 at 01:02.

Square Enix Collective
    (Gamasutra)
    ― the story so far.

Pilot feedback phase complete!
    ― We had over 100,000 visits across the four weeks, and almost a quarter of a million page views in total.

GamesIndustry Innovation Awards: Vote now
    ― we are very honoured to be nominated for a GamesIndustry Innovation Award, in the Innovation in Business category!

Collective now fully open for submissions
    ― any developer able to access the site CMS and upload a pitch directly.

Reboot Develop 2014
    ― Phil Elliott, guy behind Square Enix Collective confirmed as surprise speaker at Reboot Develop!

Collective sponsors Ukie Student Game Jam
    ― we’re really pleased to be able to offer our support this week to the Ukie Student Game Jam, taking place across a number of UK university campuses.

Square Enix Collective Focus On: 10 Years After
    ― for anybody that missed it, yesterday marked the publication of the first round of new indie pitches since Collective fully launched.

10 Years After
    (Ten Tree Games)
    ― 10 Years After is an open-world FPS survival epic with an engrossing single player story mode.

REalM
    (Arbor Sheep)
    ― a 2D side scroller puzzle-solving adventure about exploring a world of dreams... or nightmares?

Moon Hunters
    (Kitfox Games)
    ― an open-world adventure for 1-4 players, solving ancient mysteries and building mythologies.

Based in South-East Europe? Game developer?
    ― Then you’re probably already heading to Develop Reboot, where Phil Elliott has just been confirmed as a speaker.

Thumbs Up SE Collective: Pub Master Quest, a JRPG game

Hello Everyone, my name is Isiah and I'm here to show you guys what my team is currently working on.
    It's the next big RPG coming to the Wii U/Windows next year and I can promise that you'll love it.

Let me just add that I do not wish to place this here to spam but to express something me and my team are working on, the help we need for the public and I'm also just really looking forward to speaking with people to see what they think.

Pub Master Quest is a series that draws it's inspiration from the roots of classic JRPG games. Portable Knights, the newest upcoming game to the series, takes the tale of the hero, Dave, and sets him in purgatory. He is engulfed into this dying world, home to fallen souls who wish only to move on and become free. The world will soon be engulfed by a greater evil that resides within the core. Once it hatches from it's egg, it will rise to the surface and begin to consume the land into darkness until all is a wasteland. Alongside this new evil, treacherous beasts known as the Claims roam about the land, threatening the lives of all who venture too far away from town.

Dave is tasked by a mysterious voice, to travel far and defeat this greater evil. This voice gifts him with the power of Excalibur, and upon his quest, he and his 3 dead siblings must venture far with an unknown woman named Muwinn. They are tasked with disposing of the darkness that threatens this world. In which case, if Dave wishes to return to the world he used to know, he must accept this new meaning of existence.

So what's the point of this post?
    Square Enix is running a program called Collective and we need your help, take a look at the link below and if you can, check out the updates cause theres a lot of information there too.

http://collective.square-enix.com/pr...rtable-knights

A vote +1 would be nice but I think this is also a good opportunity to check things out and share what you think. I'm always interested in seeing what people think about the game so if you have any questions just fire away and I'll try to respond as soon as possible.

But for now I leave you with the first batch of artwork for the game (Theres more but I don't want to drown the post in art)

Pub Master Quest - Portable Knights
    (Icey Games)
    ― Pub Master Quest is a series that draws it's inspiration from the roots of classic JRPG games.

Sirona Sol - Journey of Artsmith from Avalon
    (Magnolia Soft)
    ― Sirona sol is a fast-paced casual game with fantasy theme. This game is a combination of time-management game and role playing game.

Crash Dummies: Escape Velocity
    (Crash Dummies Games)
    ― Escape Velocity is a 3D action/adventure game animated with vivid hand drawn art that channels classics like Silent Hill and Resident Evil

Leap of Fate
    (Clever-Plays)
    ― New York, present day. A rogue occultist must undergo a deadly rite of passage, forcing him to face his own demons and choose his fate.

Black The Fall
    (Sad Sand Sailor)
    ― This is an atmospheric side-scrolling shooter with puzzle solving elements. An odd and unexpected black and white dream.

Eternal Desert Sunshine
    (Karnak Arts)
    ― “Eternal Desert Sunshine” is a third-person adventure game with platform and shooter elements. The game is set in ancient Egypt.

Haarmu
    (Haris Game Studio)
    ― A tower defense game that introduces elements of education, new TD mechanics and an awesome story. And I want to make it gorgeous.

Debugger v3.16
    (Work of the Spider Entertainment)
    ― did you ever want to learn programming and create your own game? After playing this game you can!

Collective at Nordic Game
    ― if you want to meet up for a chat, ask quesitons, etc, just email: collective@square-enix.com

World War Machine goes into crowdfunding!
    We’re super-excited for the team at Tuque Games, who are aiming to raise $50,000 over the next few weeks to help them get the game to its PC release.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 16th May 2014 at 11:30.

RUN
    (Torch Games)
    ― if everything you know, begins to fall apart. Would you stay and fight or would you RUN?

Smile What you expect from Stealth Games?

Hi everyone!

My team is currently developing RUN (you can check it out here: http://collective.square-enix.com/projects/34/run).

RUN is a stealth action game with puzzling levels.

We would like to know: What do you expect from a stealth game?

We want to polish our game and deliver an unique experience. And know a bit more ideas from you

Thank you

Square Enix's Collective launches first crowdfunding campaign
    (GameIndustry International)
    ― last week saw the first title from Square Enix's Collective, a hybrid of Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight, enter the crowdfunding stage of the process.

First off I would advice to take a look at www.reddit.com/r/truegaming and consider posting there as well. You will probably get more helpful replies there as opposed to this forum (more users frequenting that sub that are passionate about all forms of gaming) or over at r/gaming (where the general gamer is of a rather casual nature).

Originally Posted by Staruwos2
    My team is currently developing RUN (you can check it out here: http://collective.square-enix.com/projects/34/run).

RUN is a stealth action game with puzzling levels.

We would like to know: What do you expect from a stealth game?
    What I expect from a stealth game: STEALTH and a purpose for it to be there. In order for a stealth game to feel realistic I can't just luck out on some crazy Miami: Hotline brutality. Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 balanced this out pretty well, but seeing how RUN is driven even more towards the puzzle-aspect of the game I'd want even more challenge to be added to the puzzle solving. The first thing that put me off (personally) is that you can easily see which way the enemy is pointing when walking around. Stealth and puzzle games (specially when combined) shouldn't have too many pointers, if any at all in my honest opinion. I don't want to feel like I was helped through the stealth parts of the game. At the moment and what I see from the teaser it's kinda too easy to see the enemies and you can see them well enough without the ''lazer'' bursting out of its skull, I want each step/decision I make matter.

I also expect diverse and creative environments for it not to be repetitive but still playing around the same aspects. A lot of stealth games just gets redundant after a while with the same ol' same ol' but I still want what I've learned to be added to later missions in order to grow/get better at the game. How Edmund McMillen incorporates the learning curve in Super Meat Boy while adding new elements to a familiar setting (or the atmosphere of the game if you will) is something any gamer will enjoy immensely.

You already got a unique setting, a game with what seems to be a great story. It's a puzzle stealth game. It's dark and gritty, please play this out as much as possible and make it eerie. If the main character comes across a medical unit at some point which could fuel is addiction and make things worse when it comes to hallucinations like a set of real/unreal guards, sounds (doors opening/closing, shots fired, a voice of his daughter/wife laughing/whispering when stuff gets intense, one-liners that doesn't appear again like the deceased wife saying ''you always loved the pills more than sex, didn't you?'' etc.) that would definitely creep me out. You already got some heavy themes in there and playing on mental health in the storyline, if you'd incorporate that with the gameplay and not just cutscenes that would be amazing.

I got a little bit carried away, sorry about that. You guys probably already know what you want of the game. But yeah... To summarize:

Stealth - Purpose for it to be stealth. Varying degrees of difficulty and creative solutions, several ways to figure a certain puzzle out (it doesn't necessarily have to be a set way to do certain missions). No easy ways out (at least not in the medium to later stages of the game. If you manage to implement a solution that doesn't seem like how it's supposed to be done but it can be done that way the player will feel rewarded and feel like it figured something out, personally I love stuff like that). Difficulty. NOT being repetitive but still be able to use what I've learned from previous missions in later stages to get past the next level.

That said: This game looks amazing and I can't wait to try it out!
    Last edited by Metamorphis; 21st May 2014 at 08:26.

Battle of the Seas
    (DTM GAMES)
    ― Battle of the Seas is a session-based, online competitive Action RTS Game with ships and captains.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last