Thread: Vampire weaknesses

Vampire weaknesses

Vampire weaknesses

One of my very favorite things about soul reaver is the way the vampires work. You hurt them, they regenerate. You impale them and someone pulls the spear out, they are fine. The only thing that really could put an end to those damn vamps was fire, water or sun light. Blood Omen and LoK 2 also implied pretty heavily that the way to get rid of a vampire was to decapitate or impale them. I would really like to see humans and vampires have different ways they die. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

I think all the ways to kill vampires are a good way to balance their OPness, and also to balance the things in the game modes ideas we've been giving.

I really like that thought! In the video, we did see a vampire get its head blown off.
    Going back to kills and respawn. Maybe they could have a system like Mass Effect 3 where your teammate can be revived by a fellow vampire within a certain duration. Say you were downed with arrows from Archers and they didn't use a flaming arrow (like at the end of the vid) to finish you, it could be cool if an ally revived you.

Humans could maybe torch human bodies so that vampires cannot feed on them to regain health!

It actually should be like this, but then they have to worry about vampires being overpowered if they can just regenerate constantly on their own.

Currently, you must feed in order to regain your health. This can be tricky when more humans are about, as you cannot TK feed and must pounce on top of the human to feed.

Honestly I don't think anything like this would work well. I mean, if the teams are of 3 or 4 players each, vampires cannot have such a huge advantage over humans. If they can simply regenerate by not getting hit for a while - and humans can't - it seems a bit overpowered. They are probably already faster and stronger (in terms of damage dealt) than humans, so it's reasonable that the only way for them to restore their life is drinking the blood of someone they kill, which also takes some time.