Thread: Next Gen Unviewable?

Next Gen Unviewable?

I'm trying to use NextGen mode. I used the eidos tester, I only fail 'optimal' because their tester doesn't see a 2x256 setup as a 512 mb video setup (just as note).

With a 2xGeForce 7800GTX 256MB SLI and a gig of memory, for some reason, I'm getting a problem with next generation content.

It isn't that it runs slow, it runs at reasonable speed. BUT...

It looks like I'm looking at the scene with my glasses off. Like somehow it's slightly out of focus in some way, and blurry/fuzzy.

I'm not sure why, but it makes the game unplayable unless I turn off the next gen content.

I doubt it has anything to do with your problem, but two 256Mb cards in SLI still means a 256MB card. The way SLI works is that almost everything is duplicated on both cards, so both can work on rendering the same image (and give you a higher framerate).

So even though you have 512Megs of memory it's still identical to 256mb as everything has to be in memory twice.

Maybe you could post some screenshots to show the problems you get?