Thread: [forum questions] Being logged out on the Nosgoth forum problem

[forum questions] Being logged out on the Nosgoth forum problem

[forum questions] Being logged out on the Nosgoth forum problem

Hello everybody,
    I have noticed I am being logged out very frequently on this part of the forum.. this does not seem to happen when being on the main section of SE forums, however. Anybody else having this issue?
    I already posted about this here:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...6168#post66168
    so if you can vote in the poll if it happened to you too, that would be great, thanks!

It's only happening to me after a period of inactivity, maybe it's running on sessions?

But so fast? When on Eidos forums, it loggs me out after an hour.. here I want to look around a little and find out I am logged out already

It's happened to me a few times. I just reloaded and it logged me back in. I was away for about 20 minutes each time, so maybe that's the problem? Maybe it logs out after like, 15 minutes or something.
    I was going to mention this myself actually. Raina, you beat me to things on pretty much every board and social site I visit.

Hmm, I think it stopped doing it, but need to be on longer to be sure.

Hahaha, sorry about that, Swagraven Do I know you from somewhere?

I see ya around, but I'm not usually a big poster, and I rarely have the same name because I'm inconsistent like that. No big deal. You're just really good at idea sniping.

Ah, I see well, nice to finally meet you then xD
    Anyway, so far it´s all good, did you guys fix it?

I have yet to experince this bugg
    *knocks on wood*

Is it still doing it? or has it seemingly sorted itself out?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Yes, but you know me I've got issues...every time I try to post I get taken back to log in, then sign in and then redirected back to SE home - by the time I get back here I'm kicked out. (If this post goes through then maybe its fine!)

EDIT: It let me post one post (this one) and the edit, and I haven’t been able to post any other thread…I’m renaming this from the War for Nosgoth…to the War to say logged in!
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 26th Sep 2013 at 08:48.

I'm only being logged out after being inactive for 20 or so minutes.

Would probably be easier to just have the forum remember logins and keep people logged in til they choose to log out.

Is there a way to set the forum so it pings back to where you last were? At the moment I click sign in and by the time I get back to the thread I want to post on I’m kicked out again and have to repeat.

…some times I click log in and by the time I’m back on the forum page I’m logged out…so annoying that I have to make about 10+ attempts to post anything…why can’t we use the same set up as the Eidos forum? Keep logged in unless you log out.

…though come to think of it now I had the same issue with the Eidos forum until I found the little “keep me checked in” box…so maybe its this machine [insert Kain wolf gggggrrrrrr here]

Yeah, okay, it still does it. I was inactive for like 5-10mins, wanted to reply and was logged out again..

Myea experiencing these aswell now. Even the "keep me logged in" doesnt help=(

(click image to enlarge)

Sorry, folks, something went wrong and we lost the poll votes. Please re-vote

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7304

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I've noticed when I click onto the "log in" option on the page after I've been logged out it doesn't ask me to log in and automatically does so without need of me entering my username or password.

Also it can be quite annoying losing an entire post when you've spent some time typing it only for the logging out quirk to ruin that, especially if you're making a new thread.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Reidbynature
    Also it can be quite annoying losing an entire post when you've spent some time typing it only for the logging out quirk to ruin that, especially if you're making a new thread.
    The beautiful thing about the forum software we're using here is that it automatically saves the post you're writing every minute or so. So if you get logged out, disconnected, browser crash, etc, just click post reply / post new thread again and hit the "restore auto-saved content" button at the bottom of the text input field!

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/48kmh/rpnv

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Ah thanks, Driber.
    signature image

Thank you Driber
    I didn't know that. I resorted to saving my posts on a separate document.
    I never knew how to activate a saved log in.

Originally Posted by Moesph
    I'm only being logged out after being inactive for 20 or so minutes.
    We've bumped up forum session time from 20 to 45 minutes.

Originally Posted by Moesph
    Would probably be easier to just have the forum remember logins and keep people logged in til they choose to log out.
    We're working on this.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Is there a way to set the forum so it pings back to where you last were?
    We're working on making it so that when you're not logged in on the forum and you're in a specific location and then click log in at the top to log into your SEM/SE ID account, that it will send you back to the specific forum page you were viewing when you clicked log in.

This all has to be manually programmed by the web boffins, so please bare with us

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Yeah, okay, it still does it. I was inactive for like 5-10mins, wanted to reply and was logged out again..
    Are you still experiencing this problem?