Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: The Razielim

The Razielim

They refused to submit to the Ancient's god, as Raziel puts it. Refused to believe and worhsip it seems to be how that's supposed to be taken.

They were doing some funky things upon their return, like growing little pods of themselves, or cloning themselves, perhaps. So, maybe they had been looking into ways to cheat death like cloning and such that also peeved off the righteous Ancients, who would perceive that as spoiling the natural process of spiritual renewal through the Wheel of Fate.

They were, as far as I can interpret, more inclined to creating technology than the Vampires had been, and the Vampires were more prone to relying on magic. Possibly the very fact that they didn't use magic in the same way was seen as an abomination, who knows. I don't think they were immortal, but they could have developed medicines and technologies that extended their lives, which might have also been an affront to the Vampires.
    I hope the Hylden/Ancients conflict gets explained in depth one day. I find it interesting.

Agreed.

i thought that the vampires evolved by going into hibernation at a sacred site. and the fact that raziel himself was the first to have wings(fulfilling ancient bla bla bla) his family was and i quote "wiped from the world like excrement from a boot ."thus stopping his kids evolution (or baring them from sacred evolutionary chamber at least) ie i am saying that the other clans continued to evolve(or more accurately de-evolve) while the razielum couldn't, shouldn't they look like raziel did when he was cast into the abyss? second thought shouldn't Dhuma's kids be the solder class seeing as he turns into a suit of armor?

what i thought (sr1 cannon) was that kain will get a gift first then it appears in his kids when they get to that age or is triggered in the evolution chamber. but with raziel the vampire virus altered him and later his brouthers(raziel first because of him being first born or first risen) personally and his kids borne or made have there parents mutated genes and thus-ly Dhumas kids where roid-ed up melchia's kids couldn't maintain caporial form ect
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 2nd Oct 2013 at 12:44. Reason: Merged double posts

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7181

This is a thread about just that.

Originally Posted by spawnisrob
    i thought that the vampires evolved by going into hibernation at a sacred site. and the fact that raziel himself was the first to have wings(fulfilling ancient bla bla bla) his family was and i quote "wiped from the world like excrement from a boot ."thus stopping his kids evolution (or baring them from sacred evolutionary chamber at least) ie i am saying that the other clans continued to evolve(or more accurately de-evolve) while the razielum couldn't, shouldn't they look like raziel did when he was cast into the abyss? second thought shouldn't Dhuma's kids be the solder class seeing as he turns into a suit of armor?
    I think you're getting rather confused about a few things.

1. Vampires go into hibernation but as far as I'm aware there's no need for any sacred site.

2. While Raziel would have obviously been the first to evolve wings, it doesn't necessarily mean that his clan won't if he dies.

3. Though we know the clan gets wiped out eventually it wasn't necessarily right after Raziel was thrown into the abyss.

4. The extra devolved look of the Razielim in Nosgoth could be due to many things. Perhaps without the progenitor they devolved faster... We don't know but I reckon this would get explained. Also, the vampires don't always look like their sire. The Melchiahim don't look anything like Melchiah pre or post devolution, and all the lieutenants got way bigger and meaner looking without any sign that the clans were following.

5. The Dumahim are soldiers in Nosgoth. They may be smaller than the Turelim but they were in Soul Reaver also.

6. Dumah being a suit of armour? I think you're getting him confused with Malek who was never a vampire.

Also as Swagraven pointed out, there's a thread on this.

There was talk at one point about how Dumah's armor had melded with his flesh. I think that's what spawnisrob was meaning, but it was a long time ago, so I can't remember where that was said.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    There was talk at one point about how Dumah's armor had melded with his flesh. I think that's what spawnisrob was meaning, but it was a long time ago, so I can't remember where that was said.
    I've never heard this before. If you remember, let us know, 'cause I'd be interested to read up on it.

I don't think Dumah's armour melded with his flesh, the BBI figure's (which is pretty canon) details clearly show the armour straps to Dumah's body, you can even remove his helmet, also he has facial tattoos, which is quite neat if the devs toon inspiration from it for the Dumahim in Nosgoth.

I can post detailed pics of the figure later this evening.

Cheers,
    Ber

Well, it wasn't really a virus. Either the dialogue or the manual said something about Kain donating a portion of his soul to each of the Lieutenants and that in turn passes on Nupraptor's corruption on to them. I can't remember the specific lines, but I do remember this part:

"The gift continued to evolve. Kain would enter the state of change first and emerge with a new gift. After the master, our evolution would follow."

Detailed pics would be cool, Ber thanks!

Originally Posted by soulrelic666
    I don't think Dumah's armour melded with his flesh, the BBI figure's (which is pretty canon) details clearly show the armour straps to Dumah's body, you can even remove his helmet, also he has facial tattoos, which is quite neat if the devs toon inspiration from it for the Dumahim in Nosgoth.
    They did. Ben posted a comment on that in his article:
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/Nosgoth...unity_Day.html

Originally Posted by soulrelic666
    Cheers,
    Ber
    Oh, hey! I didn't know it was you.

Oh, hey! I didn't know it was you.
    Hey! Yep it me, apparently my old nickname is too short for this forum, so looking forward to the migration

Merged these threads together.

spawnisrob, first off welcome aboard. Please use the edit button and do not double post.

As for Dumah, the Lost Worlds also has a bunch of pics of his figure. Just like him, the Dumahim have devolved with greenish scaly skin for one class, more grayish green, or brown for the other, but they all look very much like he does under the mask with large, serpent-like fangs and tough, scaly skin, or hide. He does have bluish marks on his face in areas under his eyes and around his mouth, but perhaps that's even like the marking patches on a lizard, and he has thick, green dreadlock-like "hair," which is very reminiscent of Predator.

Edit, I might as well just add the pic:

Also, as for the fate of the Razielim, the only official line from Amy Hennig ever was that "this is currently unrevealed," meaning they probably were persecuted, but a few also probably did survive even in the time when Raziel revisits his clan territory.
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 2nd Oct 2013 at 21:36. Reason: Added pic

i was saying that you revive dumas husk so you can kill himin sr1. i concede the point armor and husk are different but my point is still valid he(duma) was a solder or the brute of his bros his kids should folow that logic. my thoughts on the razielum should be the Sam fisher of the clans

i was using virology to explain the different mutations the clans went threw not necessarily meaning it was a virus (i figured we all had some knowledge of resident evil virology)
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 3rd Oct 2013 at 04:59. Reason: Merged double posts

Once again, spawnisrob, please use the Edit Post button, left of the Reply button instead of double posting.

Thanks.

i was answering two separate points i thought that clicking under the specific question it would appear under what i was answering . anyway you don't have to worry about me anymore i can tell you are to locked into your idea to hear any of the points im trying to raise this creative team is doing thear own game and using the lok name to get attention

Thing is, just clicking to reply under a specific post does not alert that person that you're addressing their post. They have no way of knowing you meant to answer them over anyone else in the thread.

If you're answering two separate people's points, or even two points of the same person, you can use the other buttons next to edit and reply. Reply with Quote will reply to one post and have it quoted in yours. The button next to that with two speech bubbles is the Multi Quote button and you can click that under each post in multiple posts that you wish to reply to. After you've selected all of the posts you wish to quote from, then hit Reply with Quote under any of them and all of them with be listed in your posts. You can type your answers after the closed quote tags in each. This is the easy way to address multiple things without having to make more than one posts.

My asking of you to follow the rules is not me asking you to be silent. I don't know why you interpreted it as such. You're free to respond with any opinion you have, as long as it's civil, of course.

Hmm. I wouldn't mind seeing the Dumahim's skin and face paint be more in keeping with the Dumah figure picture posted by Hylden. That and buffing them up slightly and giving them better muscle tone would be good. Though keep the armour they have since that's fine and fits perfectly in my view.
    signature image

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234