Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: trl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveni

  1. #1

    Exclamation trl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveni

    I know that many people have been having this problem, and there isn't a solution. I have read everything and there is NOTHING. I get the basic Windows error: "trl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    My system:
    AMD Athlon 64 3200
    2 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon X 700 Pro
    ASUS A8V Deluxe

    Nothing else really matters. I just want this fixed, 'cause this game is supposed to be good. If you need any info to help me, just tell me. I want to play the game!

  2. #2
    what other hardware are you running? CD/DVD drives etc.

    Joe

  3. #3
    I have an Athlon 64 3200 with an ASUS A8V Deluxe Mother board.
    I have 2 DVD Burners and 1 CD Burner. I am using Alcohol 120% to run the game, but I know that playing with the disc, I will still get the same error. I have 2 GB of Ram (4 512 MB sticks). I have 600GB hard drive space (2 120 GB's, a 160 GB, and a 200 GB). I am not overclocking manually. In BIOS, it is set to automatic, but I know that's barely, if at all, overclocking. It was the default.

  4. #4

    Question trl.exe

    Quote Originally Posted by Platapus
    I know that many people have been having this problem, and there isn't a solution. I have read everything and there is NOTHING. I get the basic Windows error: "trl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    My system:
    AMD Athlon 64 3200
    2 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon X 700 Pro
    ASUS A8V Deluxe

    Nothing else really matters. I just want this fixed, 'cause this game is supposed to be good. If you need any info to help me, just tell me. I want to play the game!

    Hi,
    I'm haveing the same problem . I have tried everything . I was wondering if you fixed the problem? If you have what do I need to do? Hope to hear from you soon.

  5. #5
    Your machines clearly meet the minimum requirements for Tomb Raider Legend, and there's no reason to suspect this can't be resolved. From the off-set, I would suggest you both check with your card manufacturer's web site to see if you're packing the latest drivers. Also, be sure you have applied the official Eidos patch (1.2) which has resolved quite a few tech problems.

    Failing that, come back here and note your progress, and I'll call in the reinforcements to assist you further.

    Welcome to Eidos Forums

  6. #6
    Also...

    Check to see if your hardware is up to scratch by running this Online utility supplied by Eidos.



    Click on the image

    The report will show whether your PC meets the Minimum, Recommended or Optimal system requirements.

  7. #7
    I won't be at my computer until July 1st, but I am sure my drivers are pretty up to date, and I know my computer exceeds the requirements. I will run that system check thing when I get back and I will post the results. Thanks for all the help. I did install the patch awhile ago, but it didn't do anything.

  8. #8
    I went over the recommended thing, but barely under the optimal one. I still wish I coul figure out the problem.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,576
    If you have all your drivers updated, did you try using the legend setup to turn of all the extra graphic features, and then try starting the game, make sure the game is in the drive with the lowest drive letter, and if it still does not work try turning your virus scanner of

  10. #10

    okay brand new system amd dual core, dual sli 4 gigs mem

    Quote Originally Posted by aussie500
    If you have all your drivers updated, did you try using the legend setup to turn of all the extra graphic features, and then try starting the game, make sure the game is in the drive with the lowest drive letter, and if it still does not work try turning your virus scanner of

    Ok get the same error code as everyone here. Game will not load, will NOT install, I have Xp Pro sp2 all updated drivers on everything turned of internet, firewall, virsuscanner It will not install.
    BUT DOWNLOAD DEMO RUNS GREAT! Help need to get this baby running to max speeds, actually at any speeds right now. Just bought it tonight actually 8 pm las nigh now since iti s tommorrow now. HELP
    YES DID DO THE SYSTEM CHCK AND PASSED EVERYTHING< BUT it could not read my DVD speeds, don't know why. I have 2 DVD burners 16 speeds burners. AOpen is 16x16 HELP

  11. #11

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by cmdralpha7

    Ok get the same error code as everyone here. Game will not load, will NOT install, I have Xp Pro sp2 all updated drivers on everything turned of internet, firewall, virsuscanner It will not install.
    BUT DOWNLOAD DEMO RUNS GREAT! Help need to get this baby running to max speeds, actually at any speeds right now. Just bought it tonight actually 8 pm las nigh now since iti s tommorrow now. HELP
    YES DID DO THE SYSTEM CHCK AND PASSED EVERYTHING< BUT it could not read my DVD speeds, don't know why. I have 2 DVD burners 16 speeds burners. AOpen is 16x16 HELP
    Did you install the official patch?

  12. #12

    Trying to help

    Most people that have this problem have met the system requrements.

    I have had this problem with TRL and other newer Eidos games with Securom.
    I have fixed the problem for my machine.
    Problem is that I believe the Securom initiation stresses cpu to max, thereby consuming all power avab to cpu causing the game to fail. It does not matter if you have OC-ed or not.
    Solution is to up the core voltage:
    Set CPU clock to stock or even underclocked. Then try raising your CPU Voltage in bios little by little until the game starts successfully, you can safely do so temporarily, most cpus will throttle anyway, to prevent any damage. My ASUS MB wont even let me go to max volts. I know alot of people are probably concerned about overvolting, I am not, I use speedfan to monitor my temps, I have overvolted as much as possible and still stay under 70c on load.

    Hope this helps.

  13. #13
    How do I underclock? I tried running the game with no other programs runnng, and at the lowest possible graphics settings, with no success. I wish thsi game would work!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Platapus
    How do I underclock? I tried running the game with no other programs runnng, and at the lowest possible graphics settings, with no success. I wish thsi game would work!
    Go into your main BIOS you have to restart and press DEL to get in (some may be f1 button, it should say at POST). Then lower you cpu multiplier (AMD), or FSB (Intel).

    I can easily tell you how to do this just send me a PM.

  15. #15
    So I have another question now. Is the game really that good where I should change my CPU's settings?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Platapus
    So I have another question now. Is the game really that good where I should change my CPU's settings?
    I thought it was pretty good.

    I understand your concern, but you will only be changing 1 or 2 setting at the most, just write down your original setting. When you become more familiar with the Bios you will laugh at how easy things are. Specially overclocking, I have mine set to 3.9ghz from 3.0ghz, if I would have bought that kinda a processor it would have cost me triple, lol. I have had this proc for 2 years and still performs strong.

    Still, I have feeling this is the problem for most, but it is still possible that it may not work for you, so dont get your hopes up to high.

  17. #17
    You really overclocked your processor that much? That's awesome......
    I am somewhat familiar with the BIOS, just not too comfortable. I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200 in socket 939. It runs at 2.0 GHZ, how much do you think I can overclock it? Also, if I overclock it over a long period of time, does that make my processor worst?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Platapus
    You really overclocked your processor that much? That's awesome......
    I am somewhat familiar with the BIOS, just not too comfortable. I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200 in socket 939. It runs at 2.0 GHZ, how much do you think I can overclock it? Also, if I overclock it over a long period of time, does that make my processor worst?
    Thanks.

    AMD is not as overclockable. Go to http://www.ocforums.com and surf around for AMD section.

    No, if you OC safely there will be no "usage wear and tear". It will not make your proc worse. You probably do not even need to OC, but I think you may have to Overvolt a tad. To really OC you will have to OV and OC.

    What will make your proc wear is the temp just watch your temp! Read around on the oc forums they will help.

    The hardest part to OCing is the patience required during the restarts. I really dont recommend any utilities in windows stick to the old fasioned bios way-little by little, till you hit a high temp then back off a step or two.

    Remember OCing is a hobby some go way further than others, I stick to air cooling.

  19. #19
    I don't really need to overclock I guess.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLara2U
    Did you install the official patch?

    Official patch does not install, because it can not find the game, since it never installed.

    running 13 terabits of free space. Hello Eidos! wake up and address this major errors issues.

  21. #21

    cannot install the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by MissLara2U
    Did you install the official patch?

    Patch does NOT install. PERIOD. It gives the error that you must have the game installed. ODD the game does not install, so where does that leave us consumers?

  22. #22

    Thumbs Up fixed the trl.exe crash to desktop...may work for you.

    i was having the very same problem. here is what worked for me:

    Go to the Setup dialog. On the Start menu, click Edios, point to Edios, point to Tomb Radier- Legend, and click Setup.

    In the Tomb Raider- Legend Setup dialog box, change the resolution to 640 x 480, clear all checkboxes, and move the slider bars for Contrast and Brightness all the way to the left.

    Click OK.

    I haven't had any problems since. The display is a little dark, but you can at least see and play.

    rece

  23. #23

    Same issue, only different timing.

    I keep getting the same error today, but mine happens when i go to load up my game I was in the middle of.

    Last night I played through from the beginning clear up to the end of Japan. When the screen came up to continue or quit, I decided to quit for the night since I had to work today and was quite tired. I had no issues at all during the whole game and, in fact, my system almost fills the little performance meter that you use to determine if your system will play this game. In other words, with all options on and at high resolution, I get little if any stuttering or slow framerates.

    So I get home from work today and load up TR:L and try to resume my game, but instead get the crash error. I fire it up and try twice more after altering various settings and nothing seems to work. Yet, oddly enough, I could go into Croft Manor and play through the entire thing. Saved my rewards, left the manor, and went back to try the main game again...only to get a crash once more. I figured perhaps my autosave was borked, so i loaded a previous save (about 2% less accomplished) only to find it crashing too.

    So I can look at all my rewards/unlocked stuff, and i can play in the mansion, but I can't pick up where I left off and continue playing the game. That's not cool.

    SO, I would REALLY appreciate a tech or ten getting on this and coming up with a solution, since I think all the error reporting to Microsoft in the world won't do a bit of good. I'm loving the game again for the first time in a long time...don't ruin it for me already.

  24. #24

    a way around this problem.

    Hi I do not think that there is an actual fix for this problem and I am running a top dual core machine and all the latest drives and I get it as well. When this happens I simple uninstall the game (making sure not to uninstall the game saves) and then reinstall. The game then carries on exactly from the last check point without the error message. It then normally plays okay untill some other program like anti-spyware or anti-virus updates. It then tends to come back and a reinstall is required

    Aevar

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Platapus
    I know that many people have been having this problem, and there isn't a solution. I have read everything and there is NOTHING. I get the basic Windows error: "trl.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    My system:
    AMD Athlon 64 3200
    2 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon X 700 Pro
    ASUS A8V Deluxe

    Nothing else really matters. I just want this fixed, 'cause this game is supposed to be good. If you need any info to help me, just tell me. I want to play the game!

    i heave found the ansswer to the problem after 3 ours. you mast unistall the *** microsoft update KB917422 AND ALL IS WORKING for on emore time MIcrosoft is the problem and not EIDOS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •