Thread: Major Issue

Major Issue

Game arrived today, just installed it. Had the demo, so I ran the full game on the same settings. Loaded up the game and the menu and all the keys were completely unresponsive. I could keep pressing up or down or enter, and it would be ages before it would actually do anything. So, I loaded up Croft Manor to see if the problem would affect me in-game, and surprise surprise, it does!!! It's unplayable!! Hoped the patch would help, but to no avail. Have also tried putting it on the lowest settings, but this did nothing. The biggest thing that I don't understand is how the demo worked fine, yet this has happened when i run the full version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cool

Close background programs and increase the priority of the process (TRL.exe) in the Task Manager.

Because of my confusion over how the demo ran fine, but the full game didn't i decided to reinstall the demo. Upon doing that i found that the demo still ran ok, then tried to play the full game, and for some reason, it now works! Every now and again it will start stuttering for a minute or so, but its much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar
    Close background programs and increase the priority of the process (TRL.exe) in the Task Manager.
    And how does one minimize the game so that the task manager can be brought up?
    Start every day with a smile. And get it over with.

W. C. Fields

You can press Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the game while leaving it running.

Cool

Or press the Windows key.

Hmm, weird. Only Alt + Tab works on my PC. And there I was trying Ctrl-Alt-Del to no avail.
    Start every day with a smile. And get it over with.

W. C. Fields