Thread: Will there be a FFXIII-3?

Will there be a FFXIII-3?

There have been several refferences to Etro dying and being reborn, so I wouldn't be surprised it that were to happen again. Heck, maybe that's what needed to happen for Etro to regain her power, and this whole thing was a setup so that Etro could come back and set things right, or something like that. After all, it's better to die for a while, and then come back at full power, than to stay alive in a perpetual state of uselessness, completely unable to fix her mistakes. Of course, I can't be sure of this, but it'd be a pretty interesting way to continue the storyline.

So like when Lighting goes to sleep at the end of her DLC is that kinda like the Odin sleep. how he sleeps to regain all of his power. but in this case Lighting is the one sleeping

I have no idea, but I actually meant that maybe the goddess Etro set events in motion so that she would be killed, and then, when she was reborn, she would have her full power back, and could make things right, but of course, this is just a theory, and I have absolutely no evidence to back it up, except for a few random refferences from the game saying that Etro has died before, and that she's been reborn some unknown number of times, which would imply that she could be reborn again. I don't know how this would happen, if Etro would be reborn in lightning's body, or something like that, but it's an interesting thing to think about.

I think they should just leave the graphics alone. Besides, how LONG have people been waiting on Versus? 6 years anyone? If they completely swapped the engine, and started from scratch, then we'd probably see a VII remake, twelve more CoD's, and possibly another Parasite Eve game whilst waiting. I'll pass.

Personally, I think the graphics are fine as is. Still beautiful to look at when you're just bored of the grind. I still like to hop on XIII and go back to various saves and check out the scenery. Again, I think the graphics are fine.

**To skip this, just scroll down. **

As far as a XIII-3 story; a lot of people have mentioned it already. Less time-traveling, if any. Don't get me wrong, loved what XIII-2 offered, but the whole time traveling gig was kinda' out of place for some reason to me.

Snow needs to be back. I wasn't his biggest fan in XIII, but I now have a man-crush on him now even though I can't beat him to get his crystal...

Lightning needs to be back, ASAP. Serah's alright, but way too girly for a main character. Especially for us "Westerners". We like our women strong.

Let's see...I guess would like to see ole' Vanille and Fang. Vanille more than Fang, as I never used her.

Kill Hope off. Hopefully in some horrible way. Maybe during the timeline of XIII-2 and XIII-3, he got hit with an L'Cie job and had to go kill a Adamintoise (spelling) by himself.

As far as story goes, I don't mind what they do, as long as it's within what's already there. I'm not picky.

More side quests/missions? I don't know. I don't want it to be as linier as XIII, but I don't want it to be as awkward as -2. If there is a -3, and it does in fact end the series/story, then put enough content in there for us fans to play until we're sick of it/give up/ or complete it.

HIDDEN BOSSES! Come on, where's Ultima Weapon at? Omega Weapon? Some harder things to fight.

An actual New Game+. I would love to go through XIII again, but lack the will to start completely over.

You guys did a great job on DLC, so can't complain there. Although I was expecting more than a boss fight for Lightning's DLC. But the new skills were pretty darn cool. Windstorm is ftw.

Hit Points! I loved the fact you could have more than 9999 HP in the original. That should stick around. lol My Serah was at a little over 6k. Felt practically naked in some of those fights.

No more Poke'mon.

Did I mention harder battles? Or, perhaps a "Hard Mode"? OR! A Hard Mod for those that finish the game on Easy/Normal mode to go through with their New Game+! That's a winner right there guys. Won't even charge you for it.

I liked the new Crystarium for the most part, but higher stats like in the first one would be awesome.

New Game+...

What else? Oh, New Game+.

For those that skipped, here it is in a nutshell: No time traveling, some really hard secret bosses (Omega/Ultima Weapons?) Lighting and Snow a must, and NEW GAME+! Would also like a Hard Mode.

Thanks for reading!

www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/...

Pretty much says how I feel about FFXIII-3 in a nutshell.

I like the concept of the FF 13 games; just both games have been extremes in terms of certain qualities. FF 13 had a great story but was too straightforward in gameplay. FF 13-2 had a perplexing story but great exploration. We just need a happy medium in which the story is great and linearity is done away with. Also, 13-3 needs to bring back 3 human combat parties but keep the faster pace of 13-2.

Moving onto the plot, SPOILERS, in Lightning's Dlc she is walking around the Dying World at the end. What is up with that?
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Originally Posted by Squall-Nathan

I like the concept of the FF 13 games; just both games have been extremes in terms of certain qualities. FF 13 had a great story but was too straightforward in gameplay. FF 13-2 had a perplexing story but great exploration. We just need a happy medium in which the story is great and linearity is done away with. Also, 13-3 needs to bring back 3 human combat parties but keep the faster pace of 13-2.

Moving onto the plot, SPOILERS, in Lightning's Dlc she is walking around the Dying World at the end. What is up with that?

No one really knows. I assume that she woke-up finally and could be the setting of XIII-3 or some form of continuation through books/DLC etc. It's something.

I hope XIII-3 doesn't end up in a novel.

I really hope there is a XIII-3. The ending of XIII-2 was just.... depressing.

I definitely want the difficulty of the first one back, though.

You know I actually wouldn't mind an awesome full length movie. I was a fan of Advent Children and I feel Square could finish 13's plot in an hour and a half.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

This storyline has so many possibilities. For Square to make 2 installments of this game and not complete it with a finale would be a shame. I just began playing XIII again and I cant help but see a "bigger picture" at work here. With how fast Square shot out xiii-2, I was hoping xiii-3 would be the same. They would have been better off putting the time lapse between ff xiii and xiii-2..at least xiii had a happy ending (yes, yes, I'm a sucker for a happy ending, If I'd wanted "depressing" and "drama" I'd of turned to the news or my life , lol). I just hope that Lightning and her "family" get the happy ending they deserve We been...er, I mean they been through enough already! I want my happy ending and it to NOT be too far "In a distant future" either.

Yeah, I'm with you there, especially about the "We've been through enough already!" part, 'cuz dude, I get into the the games like that too, I get so involved that I feel like I'm one of the characters in the game, and not just a person watching the story from the sidelines, or rather, from my couch, whatever. Anyway, I hope that Square-enix figures out a way to give us a happy ending to the series, or at least one that makes sense, this time travel stuff if fun to think about, especially with the rules of time travel that they've created for FFXIII-2, but with all the paradoxes in the game, I'm never sure what has happened, what hasn't happened, and what might have happened, but didn't due to some change or other, it's confusing.

*Spoilers*

One other thing I'm really confused about, and I know that this is a bit off topic, but what happened with Alyssa? What could have happened to make her turn on us, I mean, on Serah and Noel, I know that any further changes to the timeline could have made it so that she died earlier in the timeline, but why would she help Caius to trick her friends? The way I see it, the only options were to help Serah and Noel and hope that the timeline doesn't change for her, or help Caius and ensure that everyone dies along with her, so why would she choose to help Caius? I just don't know, and as I recall, she wasn't in the final scenes, which doesn't mean that she didn't exist at that point, but it would seem to imply as much, so what could have made her do it? That's really something that they'll have to elaborate on in FFXIII-3, assuming that they make a FFXIII-3.

She betrayed them for simply that; had they fixed the timeline, she would no longer exist. I find her betrayal great, as it gives her a flawed and fundamentally human complex.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point, I hated her betrayal. Anyway, I'd still like to know more about what happened before Alyssa's betrayal. What other points need to be explored more in FFXIII-3? Like if people actually ended up making the atlas. In the notes that you can see when you view the fragments, there's a refference to a debate in the academy about whether or not they should build the atlas, one side saying that it's too dangerous to exist, and the other side saying that it's necesary for it to be built, otherwise there wouldn't be a way for it to be caught in a paradox for them to learn about it in the first place, so if no one makes it, that would be a paradox in and of itself, and it would change the history that they already know, so to keep things as they are, someone will have to build it at some point. Weird isn't it?

Since I've been looking around the internet for some -lucky- websites that can host some information about XIII-3, I found some websites with some signs that XIII-3 will be a new project (thought we are still not sure). Anyway, what's your current thought if the game will be actually be the next project?

www.gameranx.com/updates/id/7509/article...

NO Hate posts please, I'm looking for positive and some improvement posts for the thread.

My thoughts:

1. A Happy Ending. Every good game should finish with a happy ending.
    2. Improved Gameplay. Retain the goods from the XIII-2 of course. I would like to see a longer walkthrough, tons of mini games, achievements, difficult bosses and some more twinks from the paradigm mechanics.
    3. A maximum of 6 characters you can play/make leader with. Retain the goods back from XIII, and with different strengths and weakness also.
    4. A new variety of monsters. Some of the monsters in XIII-2 are just recolored and renamed from back in XIII.
    5. Remove non-canon endings. I don't want to have non-canon endings at all, it just takes away the hype of the game (except for the Mog Paradox Ending)

Just as of now. Maybe I'll add more later.

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko
    Since I've been looking around the internet for some -lucky- websites that can host some information about XIII-3, I found some websites with some signs that XIII-3 will be a new project (thought we are still not sure). Anyway, what's your current thought if the game will be actually be the next project?

NO Hate posts please, I'm looking for positive and some improvement posts for the thread.

My thoughts:

2. Improved Gameplay. Retain the goods from the XIII-2 of course. I would like to see a longer walkthrough, tons of mini games, achievements, difficult bosses and some more twinks from the paradigm mechanics.
    3. A maximum of 6 characters you can play/make leader with. Retain the goods back from XIII, and with different strengths and weakness also.
    4. A new variety of monsters. Some of the monsters in XIII-2 are just recolored and renamed from back in XIII.
    5. Remove non-canon endings. I don't want to have non-canon endings at all, it just takes away the hype of the game (except for the Mog Paradox Ending)

Ehh...I'm not so sure about a XIII-3. Would Final Fantasy XIII really deserve another sequel?

^

Up to you if it deserves a sequel.

Yeah I don't know about XIII-3. I would rather they moved on to something else. Finish Versus XIII and start on XV. The time for XIII has passed. It's time to look towards the future of the series.

i agree. i doubt anyone wants to know what's happens to lighting and the others at this point. how about we see what noctis is up to.. hey even class Zero.

I personally think they're going to do it, but we'll see, I guess.

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko

My thoughts:

I like the ideas so far, but even if you don't let me remind you if you did see the ending (Don't worry no major spoilers if ya didn't.) that I feel its best to make a sequel because there were many plot holes at the end of the story even with Requiem of the Goddess and the "secret ending".

Also some new characters would be nice and maybe some new Eidolons, because in my opinion these Eidolons were pretty cool and i've always wanted to see more since the end of ff13.

I think I'd rather see something completely new.

This interview will lead you to think that there will be something else in the future. I would love a 3rd one but only after Versus and Type 0 is taken care of. They should have just made that sequel longer to give us a complete happy ending.

www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3038

They can do whatever they want but before anounce the 3rd game they should release FF 15 or any game Directed by Hiroyuki Itou

They probably might release it, or some kind of tie in. The series needs some closure because of how FF XIII-2 ended. Some improved gameplay mechanics would also be nice.

Page 3 of 14 First First 123456713 ... Last