Thread: Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Hi, I am very excited to get the hd remake of X and X-2 but like Leaferian suggested, maybe we'll see it coming in the next 3 years or so. I wish to have every hardcore Final Fantasy XII fan in the world to write a comment for this thread.

why does Square take so long?

Originally Posted by imported_jim

why does Square take so long?

For one, they have a lot of other projects to attend to. This is one of their biggest years in ages. More to the point, though, I specifically stated above that a Final Fantasy XII HD update most likley happen for the game's 10th Anniversary, like the X|X-2 collection is doing for X-2's 10th Anniversary. XII wasn't released until 2006, meaning if they wanted to do a celebration they would do it in 2016. Which is three years from now. Calm down.

As the titles says, I'm looking to see opinions on how everyone would feel if they re-released XII (or make new story possibly XII-2) as an online RPG (for example, PSO, White Knight Chronicles, Dragon Quest X).. The elements to make the game so are there, personally I thought the game felt like it could/should have been so more then being a single player exp. & so I felt it was a missed opportunity. But what do you all think of this?

I would love that!! I really wish you guys would release Final Fantasy 10 and 12 on PS3 format. I'd love to replay it again!!

Revenant Wings was the sequel to XII. So they could do a HD remake like how they did for the kingdom heart games.

I forgot about that, but how many people had a DS to play it @ the time? which is probably why I forgot about it lol ^^; I just feel that if they could remake XIV, then they could add in a online mode here or make another game within the Ivalice universe & (please do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) such a game as a online RPG does not exist in the FF Series or its spin-offs. It would be a great addition.

Originally Posted by Jadub2k
    As the titles says, I'm looking to see opinions on how everyone would feel if they re-released XII (or make new story possibly XII-2) as an online RPG (for example, PSO, White Knight Chronicles, Dragon Quest X).. The elements to make the game so are there, personally I thought the game felt like it could/should have been so more then being a single player exp. & so I felt it was a missed opportunity. But what do you all think of this?
    To be completely honest, XII to me was the longest 120 hours of gameplay I've ever had. It took so long to get anywhere in that game that I was completely unable to follow the story. They tried to make the game to much like an MMORPG… they gave it MACROs for Christ sakes, this should not happen in a single player game that is put exclusively on a console. I might play a remake of XII if they cut out the entire gambit (MACROs) system, cut the travel time between destinations by at least half, swap out those terrible espers for classic espers, and centralize the story around a main character instead of having everything go all over the place (One moment Ashe is the main, then Vaan, then Balthier, then Fran, then Ashe again, then Basche, back to Vaan), it had to many characters without setting a proper main character. Now that I really think about it, XII is the worst game out of all of them, it even beats X-2 on the this-is-complete-ometer, which really does say a lot.

i would try a remake, but there would have to be a ton of changes made to that game if I was to play it again.

Originally Posted by Jadub2k

I forgot about that, but how many people had a DS to play it @ the time? which is probably why I forgot about it lol ^^; I just feel that if they could remake XIV, then they could add in a online mode here or make another game within the Ivalice universe & (please do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) such a game as a online RPG does not exist in the FF Series or its spin-offs. It would be a great addition.

To answer your question almost 155 million (153.87 to be exact). Which is almost the same as the PS2 (155 million).

Originally Posted by AkeemCoffey

To answer your question almost 155 million (153.87 to be exact). Which is almost the same as the PS2 (155 million).

Awesome! glad to see it sold well =D

Hi, I too consider myself a extreme loyalty addict and proud citizen of the royal city of Rabanastre. The sudden intelect of braining about a conceiveable XII-2 or even insanely than that, making FFXII an mmorpg like FFXIV A Realm Reborn or FFXI sounds like something offtopic i would imagine he he, i mean, nah, it's a bad idea my will disagrees on that. All we can intelillently brain squarenix to accurately do is to meticulously decide the hd international zodiac job system remastered version for it with nice hard 51 defying trophies and being able to experience it on our lovely ps Vitas just as we'll do with X and X-2 HD.[img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

Originally Posted by CyberOliver

Hi, I too consider myself a extreme loyalty addict and proud citizen of the royal city of Rabanastre. The sudden intelect of braining about a conceiveable XII-2 or even insanely than that, making FFXII an mmorpg like FFXIV A Realm Reborn or FFXI sounds like something offtopic i would imagine he he, i mean, nah, it's a bad idea my will disagrees on that. All we can intelillently brain squarenix to accurately do is to meticulously decide the hd international zodiac job system remastered version for it with nice hard 51 defying trophies and being able to experience it on our lovely ps Vitas just as we'll do with X and X-2 HD.

A full blown MMORPG for this IS a bad Idea but an RPG (Not MMO) with online access isn't that far fetched (Example: White Knight Chronicles, Original Phantasy Star Online) The game plays like it would have been meant for this already and I would love to see them build on what's their.. would be nice for people who are looking for something like this seeing these type of games are rare and for people who are not looking for a full blown MMO

Extremely redundant thread.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235...

Posting in Redudant thread for support, that I am sure Square Does not care about.

If we throw money at the other HD releases maybe we'll see it

Hi, C'mon don't lose your faith so easily, i know really well that some big heads at squarenix stops by here once in a while! And maybe even Shinji Hashimoto!

Why would this ever be needed?

I really love FFXII!! And i love ffx, x-2, xiii, xiii-2, vii and crisis core! If they're going to remake ffx and x-2 that's beause is it's 10th anniversary since it came out! But ahm... ff12 came out in 2006 or 7 dont know.. so they wold probably only say something by that time, like 10 years from that on, 2016... : ( i think... and if they're going to release Kingdom hearts 1 with final mix and chain of memories that was only exclusive to japan and ffx-2 with last mission that was only exclusive to japan as well im suree they will, if they remake ff12, add the zodiak system : D that game would look soWwonderful in ps3 graphics im sure.. it has so many beautiful areas *-* god... im gonna die xD and by the way im sure theyll realease kh2 with final mix for ps3 : ) cause they already said that... i think theyre doing this because of many reasons... cause ps4 e about to be realeased... very soon... and we have ps3. and ps2 is... almost dead i think... and because there are so many wonderful RPG games for PS2 and they know they're fans love them, and of course, they'll earn more muny, they're remastering them xD

final fantasy XII remaster ?

do u guys think ff 12 will get a remaster ? i never got a chance to play it and it looks awsome

This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XII] forum.

[General Forum Guidelines]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

There already is a thread with a similar topic. You may continue your discussion in:

[Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster]

I would be so happy if SE did a HD of XII. This game is up there with X as my favorite Final Fantasy. I loved all the main characters...Everything about it was awesome...Please SE give us HD for the PS3. I know PS4 is being released but with FFXIV being on PS3, and all my other FF games I love, I will be not buying a PS4 for a while as their not backwards compatible...I agree with the other posters, I'd love to see a sequel of this game, bet it be awesome with improved graphics...It kind of left us hanging like one was coming...

I want a remaster of Final Fantasy VII.

Originally Posted by imported_BRYAN

I want a remaster of Final Fantasy VII.

Everyone does

don't need an HD remaster if all the remasters are taking away from localization of other titles (type-0) however, I would love to have XII released digitally so I can play on my vita instead of fighting family members for enough time on the console to pour hundreds of hours into the game again.

Yes! I would love to see this! Final Fantasy XII is fantastic and it would wonderful if the western fans could finally get a chance to play the International Zodiac Job System version of XII !

Page 5 of 14 First First 123456789 ... Last