Page 4 of 14 First First 12345678 ... Last

Thread: Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

idk why they don't put all the old school ff's on PSN we need FFX and XII for our lives to be complete, im pretty sure everyone on here bought it the first time and I more than willing to buy it a second time at half price/quarter price if they're HD releases too (which honestly won't look much different)

Would be nice to see what kind of trophies/achievements they could come up with for FFXII. I just don't get why everyone seems to be pushing toward a Vita release. Yes, the Vita is an amazing system, but it would still be exactly the same as on PS2...might as well just play it as you always have. PS3/Xbox 360 would be amazing. The trophy/achievement system was made for games like this...Just saying. It would be really interesting to see a trophy/achievement breakdown for FFXII.

Originally Posted by imported_Chuck

Would be nice to see what kind of trophies/achievements they could come up with for FFXII. I just don't get why everyone seems to be pushing toward a Vita release. Yes, the Vita is an amazing system, but it would still be exactly the same as on PS2...might as well just play it as you always have. PS3/Xbox 360 would be amazing. The trophy/achievement system was made for games like this...Just saying. It would be really interesting to see a trophy/achievement breakdown for FFXII.

Agreed, however we for sure won't even get a sniff of ffxii hd for a long time. Hopefully Square releases ffx hd, and it does well, thus they decide they're justified to make an hd ffxii. But everyone wants a remake of vii, me personally x and xii are my faves.

Yeah I would love to see XII HD, both original and international zodiac job, in asian version please (japanese voice with english subs)

Hi, my name is Abel and i am so very excited about the announcement of FF-X hd that will come in hand with X-2 hd too! Isn't this goergous! I loved both titles back in the early decade. But i am very worried about Final Fantasy XII too because is my life favorite. Since FFXII were developed by another squarenix team, will this mean it won't realese this year with X and X-2 right? I hope with all my strenghs that this indeed will never be the case. However, thank you very much squarenix for your hardwork on remastering these titles! from the bottom of my heart you will always be in it.

Please - FFXII HD Remastered

Hey Everyone,

Let's voice some support to have FF XII remastered in HD like X.

My opinion is this is the greatest game ever developed.

Square needs to do more with this title. Has any other title got game of the year?

FFXII also got also a very weak advertising and publicity,bad pics,didn´t hyped very well!

I wouldn't mind them remastering this game for some reason. But I'd really love a remastered Vagrant Story.

Well... I love both games: FF12 and Vagrant Story... but SE only make games with $$$ for them... not for poorly games even they are the best... its a shame... but it will be a great news If SE make that happend...

This thread does not belong in the [General Discussion] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY XII] forum.

[General Forum Guidelines]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

You may continue your discussion in the following thread:

[Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster]

I will love to see FFXII HD Remaster

I have this feeling we will never see a FFXII HD remaster because experience has shown that SE green-lights Kitase/Toriyama games only, may them be remasters of fan favourites or sequels to games no one really cares about.

I have feeling that´s gonna happen!

Originally Posted by silvergol

I have feeling that´s gonna happen!

Before or after Type-0's West release for the PSP? =P

Square Enix would be incredibly stupid not to do an HD remaster of FFXII. . . there are lots of fans of this game, and people would buy it. I really don't see why they didn't just do an HD remaster of all the ps2 single player FF titles in one package, instead of just FFX and FFX-2.

If it doesn't come to light, however, I would have to blame none other than FF fans themselves. FF fans have to be the most whiniest, brattiest group of gamers I have ever come across. When FFXII came out so many people cried foul because it wasn't like a "traditional" Final Fantasy title, even though it had all of the FF staples, such as moogles, chocobos, airships, etc. Since it went in a different direction with the structure of the game world and the battle system, people freaked out. I really don't understand why people would want every FF game to be exactly the same with different characters and story. Fans should embrace when SE tries to do something different. Old school turn based rpgs are becoming a thing of the past. Sorry folks. Which is why it is funny that now, when people look back on it, most regard it very fondly and would love to see more from the world of FFXII.

I sincerely hope we get to see an HD remaster of this game- and, perhaps even a sequel (and I mean a proper sequel, a fully realized FF title). I find it hilarious that SE has made two sequels to FFXIII, one of the worst entries in the entire series, but lets this wonderful game sit in the corner and gather dust. SO much could be done with the world of Ivalice. . . *sigh* Where are SE's heads at?

Originally Posted by imported_Brian

Square Enix would be incredibly stupid not to do an HD remaster of FFXII. . . there are lots of fans of this game, and people would buy it. I really don't see why they didn't just do an HD remaster of all the ps2 single player FF titles in one package, instead of just FFX and FFX-2.

If it doesn't come to light, however, I would have to blame none other than FF fans themselves. FF fans have to be the most whiniest, brattiest group of gamers I have ever come across. When FFXII came out so many people cried foul because it wasn't like a "traditional" Final Fantasy title, even though it had all of the FF staples, such as moogles, chocobos, airships, etc. Since it went in a different direction with the structure of the game world and the battle system, people freaked out. I really don't understand why people would want every FF game to be exactly the same with different characters and story. Fans should embrace when SE tries to do something different. Old school turn based rpgs are becoming a thing of the past. Sorry folks. Which is why it is funny that now, when people look back on it, most regard it very fondly and would love to see more from the world of FFXII.

I sincerely hope we get to see an HD remaster of this game- and, perhaps even a sequel (and I mean a proper sequel, a fully realized FF title). I find it hilarious that SE has made two sequels to FFXIII, one of the worst entries in the entire series, but lets this wonderful game sit in the corner and gather dust. SO much could be done with the world of Ivalice. . . *sigh* Where are SE's heads at?

All right, look. I agree with most of what you said, but you lose a little of your credibility when you bash XIII as one of the worst entries in the series. The fanbase is incredibly divided on XIII, it's true, but it's pretty evenly split between love and hate. The only difference is that those who hate it scream much, much louder. You're basically falling victim to what you accuse the rest of the fanbase of doing.

With that being said, this is absolutely nothing new. When Final Fantasy VIII came out, I remember the exact same set of reactions toward it because of the Draw system, the GFs, the junctioning, and Squall being an 'emo clone' of Cloud. 'Everyone' hated that, they said no game would ever be as good as VII was, they said Final Fantasy was going to die. When IX came out, it was quieter but the criticisms were still there. Art style was too kidsy, they 'stole' the AP system from FFTactics, none of the characters were believable. X's battle system wasn't ATB enough, voice acting was a blight on the series, Summons were too powerful, the Sphere Grid was too confusing. X-2 was too girly, the story wasn't linear enough to make sense, the battle system was moving even farther away from ATB and it needed to stop. Final Fantasy XII (my personal favorite of the numbered series, for the record) also recieved its share of criticisms, among them a few of the things you mentioned. What all of these games have in common, truly in common? They are now fondly remembered by the majority of the fanbse, as if the complaints never happened. People say things like "Even X-2 wasn't this bad", and "Why didn't they just stop at XII", sentiments echoed on the releases of most of the games since VII's release. In a few years some new Final Fantasy will be released that'll get on some particular group's nerves, and quite suddenly XIII will be all sugar and rainbows. Then someday that game will be replaced by a new one, and then that one, and then that one. The fanbase will always have something to hate and a rreason to hate it; The only way to survive that is to just shrug your shoulders and say "Well I liked it, and that's all that matters."

On the subject of why all of the PS2 games weren't being done together, it's because originally XHD was announced in celebration of Final Fantasy X's 10th anniversary. They didn't make that one, so they are hoping it get it out this year (which is X-2's 10th anniversary). If the PS2 HD re-releases are an anniversary thing, then we would probably see a XII HD collecion about 2016. If they intend to do something other than a PSN download, that would probably include the Revenant Wings sequel from the DS (hopefully given the same treatment as Chain of Memories when it was remade for the PS2). Such an HD update would almost certainly include the XII International: Zodiac Job System content, too, which would be nice. I'm curious to know, though, what you would expect out of a second sequel or an extension of the first. Do you have a preference for story type, for returning characters, for which systems get evolved and which get left by the wayside?

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

Originally Posted by imported_Brian

All right, look. I agree with most of what you said, but you lose a little of your credibility when you bash XIII as one of the worst entries in the series. The fanbase is incredibly divided on XIII, it's true, but it's pretty evenly split between love and hate. The only difference is that those who hate it scream much, much louder. You're basically falling victim to what you accuse the rest of the fanbase of doing.

With that being said, this is absolutely nothing new. When Final Fantasy VIII came out, I remember the exact same set of reactions toward it because of the Draw system, the GFs, the junctioning, and Squall being an 'emo clone' of Cloud. 'Everyone' hated that, they said no game would ever be as good as VII was, they said Final Fantasy was going to die. When IX came out, it was quieter but the criticisms were still there. Art style was too kidsy, they 'stole' the AP system from FFTactics, none of the characters were believable. X's battle system wasn't ATB enough, voice acting was a blight on the series, Summons were too powerful, the Sphere Grid was too confusing. X-2 was too girly, the story wasn't linear enough to make sense, the battle system was moving even farther away from ATB and it needed to stop. Final Fantasy XII (my personal favorite of the numbered series, for the record) also recieved its share of criticisms, among them a few of the things you mentioned. What all of these games have in common, truly in common? They are now fondly remembered by the majority of the fanbse, as if the complaints never happened. People say things like "Even X-2 wasn't this bad", and "Why didn't they just stop at XII", sentiments echoed on the releases of most of the games since VII's release. In a few years some new Final Fantasy will be released that'll get on some particular group's nerves, and quite suddenly XIII will be all sugar and rainbows. Then someday that game will be replaced by a new one, and then that one, and then that one. The fanbase will always have something to hate and a rreason to hate it; The only way to survive that is to just shrug your shoulders and say "Well I liked it, and that's all that matters."

On the subject of why all of the PS2 games weren't being done together, it's because originally XHD was announced in celebration of Final Fantasy X's 10th anniversary. They didn't make that one, so they are hoping it get it out this year (which is X-2's 10th anniversary). If the PS2 HD re-releases are an anniversary thing, then we would probably see a XII HD collecion about 2016. If they intend to do something other than a PSN download, that would probably include the Revenant Wings sequel from the DS (hopefully given the same treatment as Chain of Memories when it was remade for the PS2). Such an HD update would almost certainly include the XII International: Zodiac Job System content, too, which would be nice. I'm curious to know, though, what you would expect out of a second sequel or an extension of the first. Do you have a preference for story type, for returning characters, for which systems get evolved and which get left by the wayside?

But Final fantasy XIII is really bad!

I'd buy the FF12 HD. I found myself playing through the original game multiple times over the years. I like how the game's world opens up more and more as you progress through the story, and the content that becomes available as you do it. I enjoyed the battle system and gambit system. I thought SE could have taken the 'License Board' a little further, and I didn't like having to zone 2 maps over and back to respawn enemies. Also, I thought they should've had more than 99 exp levels. But, the pros far outway the cons from my perspective.

god i have to agree with this thread all the way if this was on the vita ide buy it in a heartbeat..wanted portable final fantasy 12 ever since they released ps1 classics on teh psp and ps3.

Hey, is this going to happen, would like to hear from Square management.

Hi, good morning everyone. I would like to know what will happen to Final Fantasy XII too. Please square give us a glimpse!

hi ^^ im just signed to say: do a ff12 remaster and take my money! international version like in ff10 remaster please <3

Please for the love of god, do a remake for XII. Probably my favourite game ever.

We can always hope for 2016, people. I mean, if the X|X-2 remaster is any indication, they would probably do it for the 10th anniversary of XII in 2016. I also would love to experience the International version, especially the Zodiac Job System portion.

Can FF XII be remastered? Would Square really do this?

Page 4 of 14 First First 12345678 ... Last