Page 2 of 14 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Final Fantasy XII? Heck yeah, although i'm not sure it should just be a ps3 exclusive. SOME of us don't make enough to be going out and getting ps3's and are stuck with 360s. Besides, best gilgamesh fight ever!

I can't believe they did that. Well they did do Final Mix for KH and that upset me but only because I was missing out on story and more gameplay. But I honestly didn't mind the speed of the fights in XII. Tho the Zodiac Job system doesn't sound too bad.

Originally Posted by Snack

I think it'll be good for the game since the graphics are pretty ahead of its time, and they should definately make it a choice between normal and the international version. Though that would probably be hard..

I completely agree with this. I don't see how it could be so hard... since tons of HD Collections include 3 whole games all on one Blu-Ray Disc. Having an option for either would be two games.

Originally Posted by Thamauturge
    Since a FFX Remaster is in the works, will a FFXII remake see the light of day? Personally, I thought that XII was far superior to FFX, and I would love to have a remastered port available on PS3.

I would love that as well, but I would like it to come out on the 360 as well. I own both consoles, but I do 99% of my gaming on my 360 since that's where my online friends are. As a result, I would re-purchase it on 360.

I'd love it. FFXII pushed the limits of what the PS2 could do, and a remastered version would be incredible. I don't have a PS2 anymore, but I kept my copy of FFXII just in case they never release an HD version on the PSN.

With a remaster they will have a chance to fix some things… a more effective role for summons.

More cut scenes .improving the License Board so the characters don’t look identical anymore.

For an HD remake, I'd like them to enable the Zodiac Job System (something switchable). Would also like the Short stories found in the XII Ultimalia (scenario?) to be readable within the game as well.

There is a lot that can be applied to XII if given an upgrade.

I've been wanting this ever since they started releasing HD remasters of games. The Zodiac Job System, New Game+, and the option to watch cutscenes are all I ask for.

twelve looks good already depending on the tv. it looks horrible on my flat screen like its all liek out of focas and everything it looks horrible, and tens not much better on it. so yeah an hd version would be amazing. and in tens case why dont they just remaster ten and x-2 and put them on the same disc or mke it just one huge game with like a mini film showing what happens between the time tidus dissapears and when yuna decides to become a sphere hunter. just a thought.

Since a FFX Remaster is in the works, will a FFXII remake see the light of day? Personally, I thought that XII was far superior to FFX, and I would love to have a remastered port available on PS3.
    Really? I didn't like FF12. I though their chain system made everything way too easy to beat, and the story seemed kinda half assed.

I'd love to see that; this way I won't have to worry about my save file being deleted because of a bad memory card! (I didn't finish the game yet)

Oh, and the trophies too; I'd love to see that list.

Originally Posted by Steady

Really? I didn't like FF12. I though their chain system made everything way too easy to beat, and the story seemed kinda half assed.

Then you're in the wrong forum

Am sorry, are we talking about the same FF XII here, or did you have a hacked version, the odds of you getting a decent 12+ mist chain where low due to the randomness of the system, and Ihave no idea which twelve you played cos the one we are talking about is known as one of the harder games in the series in general, Its not a game one can finish in only 3 days(including summons), where as for X(Which I love as well) you could, people who bash games without actually playing them should not "pretend as though they know whta they are talking about. The reason my reply is written in such a way is because you clearly are here to simply bash on a great addition to the franchise(40/40 famitsu).

Originally Posted by Syn

Am sorry, are we talking about the same FF XII here, or did you have a hacked version, the odds of you getting a decent 12+ mist chain where low due to the randomness of the system, and Ihave no idea which twelve you played cos the one we are talking about is known as one of the harder games in the series in general, Its not a game one can finish in only 3 days(including summons), where as for X(Which I love as well) you could, people who bash games without actually playing them should not "pretend as though they know whta they are talking about. The reason my reply is written in such a way is because you clearly are here to simply bash on a great addition to the franchise(40/40 famitsu).

Most of people hate FFXII like FFX ,FFVII ,VIII and said that FFXII is not FF because of the world is not look like FF =>> they really don't have any Ideal about the world of FF . ADB is suck or boring =>> so I am sure that they cannot play the previous FF because ADB is just ATB without random battle and add a little thing. The story is not suit for everyone and the hater is just only base on Vaan or Penelo to bash all of the game without realize that the main chars actually is Balthier , Bash and Ashe .

The number of hater is decreased over the years and they praised FF12 because they actually play it now

I think it would be amazing to play XII on my gorgeous Vita. Makes me giggle thinking about having it with me everywhere I go. If it had the Zodiac Job System that'd be amazing too, but I'd be pretty dang happy with the normal version.

It seems to me anytime a new FF comes out there's a series of haters 'cause it's not like the last one they played. I remember the angry people over VII cause it didn't have castles and it was too futuristic. And the protest over VIII because the monsters LV with you and the GF/Draw/Junction system was ridiculously easy. Then there was IX-too much like the original games and you learn your abilities from a shirt... X, it's like watching a movie, sphere system limits your characters (to me is the most limitless system ever) and no world map. XI is online... XII was too much like XI, too much grinding and not enough story. XIII, too linear and limited with no exploration. (Those people never got a platinum trophy like this freak and there's nothing limited with the system, granted not my favorite FF but I have no hate for it either.) XIV... well... never mind, I won't go there...

Anyway, doesn't matter to me because I love 'em all and that's why I'm here. IF they make an HD remaster of ANY Final Fantasy, it's a fantastic day for me.

Originally Posted by Azure

Originally Posted by Syn

Most of people hate FFXII like FFX ,FFVII ,VIII and said that FFXII is not FF because of the world is not look like FF =>> they really don't have any Ideal about the world of FF . ADB is suck or boring =>> so I am sure that they cannot play the previous FF because ADB is just ATB without random battle and add a little thing. The story is not suit for everyone and the hater is just only base on Vaan or Penelo to bash all of the game without realize that the main chars actually is Balthier , Bash and Ashe .

The number of hater is decreased over the years and they praised FF12 because they actually play it now

I don't get it. X and VIII was my very first games I played and was really my best back then.

Main characters ARE ALL THE 6 CHARACTERS. Each character has their major roles in the story itself. The least role that I can think of is Penelo, despite of her that she is not related to any other characters except Vaan. Ashe has the biggest role in the game.

Originally Posted by Samurai_Bleu

I think it would be amazing to play XII on my gorgeous Vita. Makes me giggle thinking about having it with me everywhere I go. If it had the Zodiac Job System that'd be amazing too, but I'd be pretty dang happy with the normal version.

It seems to me anytime a new FF comes out there's a series of haters 'cause it's not like the last one they played. I remember the angry people over VII cause it didn't have castles and it was too futuristic. And the protest over VIII because the monsters LV with you and the GF/Draw/Junction system was ridiculously easy. Then there was IX-too much like the original games and you learn your abilities from a shirt... X, it's like watching a movie, sphere system limits your characters (to me is the most limitless system ever) and no world map. XI is online... XII was too much like XI, too much grinding and not enough story. XIII, too linear and limited with no exploration. (Those people never got a platinum trophy like this freak and there's nothing limited with the system, granted not my favorite FF but I have no hate for it either.) XIV... well... never mind, I won't go there...

Anyway, doesn't matter to me because I love 'em all and that's why I'm here. IF they make an HD remaster of ANY Final Fantasy, it's a fantastic day for me.

^^^this guy has spoke absolute sense. I will literally use you statement as a quote to many of these "this FF installement is not like the others "discussions, it sums up most of the points I consider very valid in a short paragraph, great stuff Samurai_Bleu.

Back to the topic: If they do remaster it, the inclusion of a couple of new summons wouldnt hurt either, as well as the adition of a job extension type of system if they use IZJ version of the game. That way we the players could make some nifty hybrid job classes.

^^

I didn't understand why you had agree on that opinion when you bash XIII like there's no tomorrow.

SE won't do such thing as IZJS, they aren't making any HD Remaster with IZJS because it's Japaneses exclusive only.

I would like to see MORE hunts, 100,000,000 HP bosses, new magics and etc. - not anything to ruin the original mechanics of the game (like controlling guests [as if they're not guests anymore], controlling summons, restricted license board/equipments).

^^

I didn't understand why you had agree on that opinion when you bash XIII like there's no tomorrow.

SE won't do such thing as IZJS, they aren't making any HD Remaster with IZJS because it's Japaneses exclusive only.

I would like to see MORE hunts, 100,000,000 HP bosses, new magics and etc. - not anything to ruin the original mechanics of the game (like controlling guests [as if they're not guests anymore], controlling summons, restricted license board/equipments).

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko
    ^^

@YoshiKatYoko, lol, please if you can find any post on me senselesy bashing XIII feel free to quote it, I am not its biggest fan, but I dont think ave bashed on it such a blatant or terrible manner that it warrants your post above. We all have the FF's we enjoy more than others, I for one am not fond of IX and XIII, but those are my tastes, am not saying they suck or are terrible, they arent simply the FF's for me, the biggest gripe I have with XIII(which is more of a gripe with SE) is the fact they might release XIII-3 before versus and I feel it a little unfair on a game that was announced around the same time as the first XIII, am NOT saying they should not release XIII-3, I simply want a versus release before it comes out since it has been in development for so long. We have had two games to get a proper taste of Lightning and Serahs stories, it wouldnt hurt to get Versus out there before XIII-3. I mean even Type-0 is out and Versus is the last of the Fabula Nova Crystallis to be released, but thats just my opinion.

I dont think theres was any senseless bashing in my above statement, ave explained my reasons, have not stated any false info about XIII in any way nor have I said that any of the games are better than the other, so please show me when and where I bashed XIII "Like there was no Tomorrow".

Back to the topic, I agree as I would also love more hunts(though 100,000,000 Hp is a little high in my opinion as they would take for ever to take down with the damage cap in place if they arent using IZJS mechanics), as for the IZJS version, I would have for disagree with you on that one, it would simply be a matter of changing the text which they already have because the original and IZJS only have gameplay differences and not story or location based differences that would have a bigger impact on localisation. Technically, the game is already localised since they have the original XII assets. I for one am not a big fan of the IZJS license board setup, it felt a little limiting to me, I wouldnt mind if it was better implemented like i said in an earlier post, so you could have many many more skills and abillities such as Choosing an extra board when you reached level 50 or something.

A simple opinion from me and a tremendous reply from you. Whuttzzdammeaanniinngoffdizz? See for yourself, I even got you to debate when I'm talking about XIII. And I don't know why you replied a lot, I'm assuming you're defensive.

100,000,000 HP is a challenge, those who knew the GM of the game itself would beat it fondly in 2 hours (My Yiazmat kill was merely 50 min.).

Yuck, IZJS would make your party SUPER DUPER POWERED UP and make those hunts/bosses/espers/optional bosses very easy. Gendarme with 90 Phys. Evade and 90 Magic Evade, absorbs all elements? That was kinda disturbing. And that artemis bow that is invisible but deals 1,700,000 dmg. on a Adrenalined, Cat Nip, Berserk, Bravery and Haste and can kill Omega in rather 10 hits lol. That was not a challenge I'm looking for. But it's just my opinion.

SE has no future release for English/US version of IZJS on Vita/PS3. IZJS Japanese, yep, and just download that English Patch is good, but I'm not assuming on the US release. X-2 International didn't get US version, so this might be too.

As long as the original Square-Enix developers produce an HD collection of this, then fine....don't let a second hand game developer tear this beautiful game to shreds!

Originally Posted by YoshiKatYoko

A simple opinion from me and a tremendous reply from you. Whuttzzdammeaanniinngoffdizz? See for yourself, I even got you to debate when I'm talking about XIII. And I don't know why you replied a lot, I'm assuming you're defensive.

100,000,000 HP is a challenge, those who knew the GM of the game itself would beat it fondly in 2 hours (My Yiazmat kill was merely 50 min.).

Yuck, IZJS would make your party SUPER DUPER POWERED UP and make those hunts/bosses/espers/optional bosses very easy. Gendarme with 90 Phys. Evade and 90 Magic Evade, absorbs all elements? That was kinda disturbing. And that artemis bow that is invisible but deals 1,700,000 dmg. on a Adrenalined, Cat Nip, Berserk, Bravery and Haste and can kill Omega in rather 10 hits lol. That was not a challenge I'm looking for. But it's just my opinion.

SE has no future release for English/US version of IZJS on Vita/PS3. IZJS Japanese, yep, and just download that English Patch is good, but I'm not assuming on the US release. X-2 International didn't get US version, so this might be too.

You are one difficult character Yoshi. Heres a simple answer, I was being defensive, because you where accusing me of something I dont do. Thats how it works, you accuse someone, they defend themselves, savi?

Back to topic, with regard to the overpowered weapons, I agree, that stupid bow was a game breaker, that is very true, but that does not mean every change made in IZJS was completely useless, I still would like control of my summons, as they had some ridiculous conditions to fullfill for overdrives in the original, as for hunts, well, for me its not really a matter of HP but more of how difficult they would be, an example is omega mark XII, he was pretty formidable with only one million Hp(though in the Japanese version he had 10 million and was considered too tough). Also, if you never killed zodiark with a high end damage mist chain and it activated its paling, that fight went to hell fast, so for me, I would rather instead of excessive HP(which does not really corelate to higher difficulty) A perfect combination of both could work, give some dude a higher hp value, and make him a seriously tough bastard with abillities to make you hate him and strive to master the game and kick his butt.

Something I said struck you, that's why you're defensive. LOL.

I'll nevermind ignore your post about IZJS. If you don't agree with me then don't.

Page 2 of 14 First First 12345612 ... Last