Thread: Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Let's hope a ffXII hd remaster for ps3/ps4/psvita as well as ffx!

Hello Square, please, Like X and X-2 hd i'd love to play XII on my vita! IZJS version.

Square’s top brass said they will think it over releasing the HD version of XII only if X/X-2 HD will sell well (a subtle way to say: my dear walking wallets, buy it even if you don’t like it or you won’t have what you really like).
    So any of you by chance knows how many copies were sold?

According to Wikipedia:

"During its first week on sale in Japan, the PlayStation 3 and Vita versions of the game sold 185,918 and 149,132 copies respectively.[56] The total sales for all versions in its first week was over 339,000 copies.[33] The individual PlayStation Vita versions of X and X-2 sold 31,775 and 16,355 respectively during their first two weeks.[57] The two versions of HD Remaster were also successful in North America, selling 206,000 units within a month of its release.[58] The game was the fifth best-selling game for PS3 and the top-selling title for Vita on the PlayStation Network.[59] The title's overall sales were cited by Square Enix as a reason for its improved financial situation at the end of the 2013/14 fiscal year.[60] The remaster has received favorable reviews in the West. On GameRankings, the Vita version holds a 89.90%, and the PS3 version an 86.21%.[44][45] On Metacritic, the Vita version holds a score of 86/100,[46] and the PS3 version an 85/100"

As a followup to Leon_Beoulve post......According to Vgchartz, the sales for the FF X/X-2 on the ps3 were 1.18 million and 0.7 million on the Vita. Please keep in mind these figure do not include digital sales or any sales in Japan of the single pack of FF X or FF X-2 and thus these numbers are lower than what the actual sales were. For some information on the first week single pack sales in Japan see Leon_Beoulve post above. I do not remember the sources or figures since it was about a year ago, but I also know the individual versions also had good sales in their second and third week. Overall, I would say accounting for digital sales and individual version sales it would not be unreasonable to assume that FF X/X-2 sold over 2 million copies worldwide between both consoles.
    Source for my Vgchartz sale figures: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=final+fantasy+x+hd

Also Square Enix in the past did say positive things about the remasters sales, which seemed to indicate that they felt the game sold well. Hopefully one day we will see FF XII Remastered, but we will just have to wait and see.

Leon_Beoulve and mshall2, thank you to both of you for the info.

Now only THE REAL question remains: are these sales results enough for Square?

Originally Posted by HeartOfLion
    Leon_Beoulve and mshall2, thank you to both of you for the info.

Now only THE REAL question remains: are these sales results enough for Square?
    I hope so! Id easily pay upwards of $75 for a HD version of XII on PC.

My biggest concern about a potential remaster is that SquareEnix will pull the vita version and only release on ps3/4. Especially since their recent Final Fantasy survey listed mobile and 'other mobile' as consoles and failed to even mention the vita like it didn't exist. Type-0 is a huge example of this as I was looking forward to this on the Vita not the PS4 (even bought the import and expended hurculean effort to play it on my psp without the benefit of a language I understood).

Personally, I do not want this game for my ps3/4 as I can just pop it into the ps2 if the mood strikes (which it does quite often). SquareEnix/Sony need to understand that gaming households are quite often multiple gamers and while one of us is on the PS3 the other is on the vita or more often than not, the 3ds as Nintendo understands the need for portable consoles in addition to the main consoles and they haven't misconstrued this as a need for mobile games which are awful in most cases. I loved DQ VIII but I refuse to play it on a phone.

Originally Posted by Wolfmazter
    I hope so! Id easily pay upwards of $75 for a HD version of XII on PC.
    Me too (almost).
    I’ll be willing to pay that astronomical amount of money -for a decade old game- only if they call Matsuno back and let him do what he did with Tactics Ogre: in other words a game closer to his original vision, that is a game with something new, like new cutscenes to better develop characters, a love story (I’m a Vaan x Ashe supporter) and so on.
    Otherwise I see no reason to buy a game I can already play with an emulator on my PC, even in its Zodiac form.

Rainesohma, I don’t think the game will become available on PS3, after the announcement of X’s release on PS4.
    This upsets me very much, considering the price required to buy new hardware.
    I could consider to buy a PC version, but ONLY STEAM FREE.
    I understand your concern, but Square rarely listens to us, so prepare yourself for the worst.
    By the way, every port of this game has a price that they’ll be willing to pay only if they can reasonably expect a return.
    The fact that they have or not the financial resources to accomplish such a task is entirely a different matter.

Last minute addendum: what else can I expect from a company that it’s evidently incapable to run smoothly even its own site?

hope to see 12 hd soon, enjoying x hd every bit. it would be great to have hands on international version with the option of jobs n vanilla licence boards.... what would be really awesome be that they put the invisible weapons in the game this time around....

here guys sign this and lets us try and get this to happen

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix...s3-ps4-vita-pc

I am wishing for an FF12 remaster on the PS4, and yes with the zodiac jobs system as I never got to play that, the only reason I am going to buy FFX remaster is I heard if that does good, square enix might do the same for 12, so I'm buying it.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is being brought to PS4. So for those keeping score, that means that Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 are now on their way to their FOURTH (possibly fifth if they decide to allow it on X-Box) console. Meanwhile, XII is still trying to make it to it's second. This, after releasing a PSP game as a "Next-Gen" game complete with next-gen price. What the Squenix!?

I really hope that they remaster final fantasy 12. it is a really good game and it deserves a remaster. The music o damn that was so great in this game!

Sakimoto is an underrated composer, like the game his work belongs to.
    Despised by many because they want that every BGM, regardless of their respective composers, must be Uematsu-like, forgetting that every composer has his or her own individuality.
    It’s like demanding changes but pretending that every game must be like VII.
    Haters often say that they like very much Vagrant Story OST, forgetful that the author is the same.
    But has Sakimoto lost his magic in just a couple of games? Or they blindly hate the game and everything in it?
    For me Sakimoto is a VERY close second to Uematsu and way better than Hamauzu.

a bit off topic but further proof, at least for me, that huge rpgs work well on portables (FFXII on Vita please)...I never got ample 'tv time' in our house to invest in Xenoblade Chronicles so I gave up after 20 hours yet now that I can play any time on the 3ds I've put in 4-5 times that. Imagine what kind of damage I could do with FFXII that got well over 125 hours from me on the PS2 years ago.

Where's Final Fantasy 12?

Apparently square enix didn't make final fantasy 12 and some guy just forged their company logo onto a game, right?

Jokes aside I wanna know. Where is number 12?
    I see their game list and it goes from 11 to 13.
    Do they really hate their own game that much that they've disowned it? Too bad, 12 was the only one i liked.
    Would have loved to see a remastered version for pc.

To what list are you referring?

please!!!! Square Enix make a Remaster of Final Fantasy XII for PS4 its an awesome game !!

Originally Posted by xiaoxiao181
    Apparently square enix didn't make final fantasy 12 and some guy just forged their company logo onto a game, right?

Jokes aside I wanna know. Where is number 12?
    I see their game list and it goes from 11 to 13.
    Do they really hate their own game that much that they've disowned it? Too bad, 12 was the only one i liked.
    Would have loved to see a remastered version for pc.
    I second Leon_Beoulve's question, what list?

So, why did someone open another thread for Final Fantasy XII Remastered? Did he not like this one? Should I be offended?

Maybe he was just distracted

By the way, there are two other threads with near identical content.

Instead, what I find shocking and disturbing it's the lack of news, to the point that the threads can’t go on beside users’ personal list of wished changes (myself included).

I think I'm going to stick with the "He didn't like us" theory on why he opened another thread. As far as no news, it sucks. That's why I'm on here posting about stupid crap instead of pertinent information.

Just a little addendum to my rant.

Lack of news is the kryptonite of every thread, but in the meantime, many users have posted their requests for Square to change/expand/modify parts of the game, be it the normal version or the Zodiac one.

I don’t know what they are up to, but if no one of their upper echelons read these posts, then all of this is for nothing.
    Last edited by HeartOfLion; 29th May 2015 at 20:00.

Don't let that discourage you, Heart. If there's no news, just post something completely nonsensical or off-topic instead.

Also, I feel fairly confident that no one from the upper echelons reads these.

Page 13 of 14 First First ... 391011121314 Last