Thread: Please make Final Fantasy like you used too!

Please make Final Fantasy like you used too!

  1. #276

    Well, I was already in college when I played the first Kingdom Hearts, and I didn't find it to be too childish. The story has a very serious tone to it, especially in the late games. And what about new comers? Kids who started playing the franchise now. This IS Disney, after all, they'll want to have something to draw in younger audience.

  2. #277

    Originally Posted by imported_Jason
    i`m still at the end boss in 13 and i tried it 8 times and lost.i`m taking a break from it.


    Do you want some advice on how to defeat this guy?

  3. #278

    Don't suck?

  4. #279
    Originally Posted by tiornys
    Originally Posted by imported_Jason
    i`m still at the end boss in 13 and i tried it 8 times and lost.i`m taking a break from it.


    Do you want some advice on how to defeat this guy?
    no thanks.but if i get reallt stuck with him i may need some help later though.

  5. #280
    Originally Posted by Fat Squeek
    Don't suck?
    it`s not a mtter of sucking.it that i`m not a person who plays hard games. i`m into playing a game for fun and it`s story.i`m not paying to challenge my self to the point were i can beat any game on any difficulty.it just a matter time til i beat the game anyway. i beat nearly all of the ff games.anyway.i just have not play all of the ff games yet.

  6. #281

    I don't know, if their prime goal was to appeal to newcomers I feel like they'd probably put a little more effort into making the story easier to understand rather than making the main character a little less mature.

  7. #282

    So I looked at the new final fantasy trailer and this doesnt feel like a final fantasy, this just feels like a new action rpg square enix style. So isnt it just time to change the name of the series?

  8. #283

    Lol yeah, let's change the name of the entire series to fit this one game. I agree that this looks more like an action game than an FF game, but if there were anything to be suggested here, it would be to change the name of this game so that it wouldn't be associated with FF. Although, personally, I don't care what it looks like, if it has the FF name attached to it, I'm going to play it.

  9. #284

    Nah, they just have to make them a new serie. I think the 'true' final fantasy era is over. Just make a new serie with those action RPG's, I mean if they keep coming up with these FF's they'l be at FF21 and doesnt really sound good does it? This is more like Kingdom Hearts with a more grown up look.

  10. #285

    We've known that this is an ARPG for literally 7 years now TC.

  11. #286
    I wouldn't say change the name of the series, but I could see making it a spin-off type like Tactics or Crystal Chronicles. In fact, I'm still kind of irritated that 11 and 14 were in the main numbered cannon.

  12. #287

    Originally Posted by Thamauturge


    We've known that this is an ARPG for literally 7 years now TC.


    No we didn't..


    Originally Posted by Thamauturge
    I wouldn't say change the name of the series, but I could see making it a spin-off type like Tactics or Crystal Chronicles. In fact, I'm still kind of irritated that 11 and 14 were in the main numbered cannon.

    Yeah something like that.

  13. #288

    Does anyone feel like Final Fantasy games lack now, because the story, creative and imaginitive atmospheres that used to sweep you away are gone? That they have taken a backseat to battlesystems, hd graphics and demographics of what the majority of people "might" want to see or play. Where the die hard fans that have loved the series forever, kind of get stripped of what they really loved about the series back in the day. Just a thought.. YES!!! I would like a turn-based classic final fantasy with a captivating story and message. I don't think it's just because of nostalgia though..
    Some substance and awe had to create that nostalgia in the first place!!! To put it simply, my favorites in the series were 5-10 ish (7 my favorite of all), and the nostalgia i feel for those games is because they were so amazingly captivating in the first place. It made you feel part of a unique and "alive" experience that had me wanting to know what happened next with or without a cliffhanger. Just saying, I realize games and developers innovate and evolve, and now that square has pushed limits graphically and technically, I would love to see those graphics applied to a story that wisps me away again. That is fabricated to make profits but also to awe and inspire the fans. Throw in some static backgrounds that are lush if you need to lol. Combine the best of both worlds!! I could be asking for too much, as I know a lot goes into designing a game. I just want the feeling I had playing the games before. The feeling of being in the story and feeling empathy with the characters, not just going through the motions like, "oh that giant boss looks cool" but I don't really care about why I'm fighting it. lol Maybe everything is too explicit now, even the voice acting takes away from it a little bit. Little is left to the imagination these days and i think that might be the problem.

    Mystery, imagination, atmosphere, creativity, empathy, emotional depth and complexity, humor and most of all STORY.
    I didnt play ff7 cause the block hands were so detailed, I didnt play it cause i had a cusomizable battle system in 50 ways.
    I played it because the story was better than even most movies and books are concerned.
    sorry for any offense, just my honest opinion

  14. #289

    I've only played III, VII, and XIII, but XIII by FAR had the best characters, the best plot, the best "unique and alive experience" in the three I've played, and of most games I've ever played actually. In my opinion.





    They aren't mutually excluvsive.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

  15. #290

    Ok so I'm going to respond directly to the title of this thread. Final Fantasy games are not the deep and involving stories that they used to be. I do believe that is mostly true, but the more I think about it, the voiceless characters lent to the immersion as well. The battle systems weren't overly flashy (granted the hardware limitations). The focus was primarily on character developement and story. Every FF game before 13 had full fledged worlds to explore (FFX-2 not included)... They had a plethora of fun and engaging minigames. Memorable heroes and villans. 13 Lacked a memorable story, and the character development was EXTREMELY shallow. The villian was laughable. The whole concept of the story was weak (l'cie and all that nonsense). I understand they wanted to do something new... but in the process they left out what many of their die hard fans have loved about the series; the things that make it a Final Fantasy game. 13-2 was their response to fans who said that 13 was too linear... so they made the game focused around time travel, but the two main characters were even weaker than the cast of FF13! lol Maybe they tried to capture the spirit of Chrono Trigger, but it failed in the end. They don't want to remake FFVII probably because they're afraid to, but I'm still holding onto hope for Square. I'm going to buy FFXV because I've waited all these years for it, and I'm also a Beta tester for FFXIV. I'm loving it so far I can't say any more than that, but it is definitely looking promising!

  16. #291

    Why on God's green earth would they be afraid of a remake? I don't understand that line of thinking at all.





    As for the first part, I disagree, but I suppose there's little to discuss there.
    Mooberry the Cow God demands repentance and belief!

  17. #292
    Where is the "fantasy" in Final Fantasy?

    The further we go, the more SciFi Steampunk the game becomes. It actually is more like Xenogears then Final Fantasy.

    Another thing i liked about the old FF games was the Active Time Battle system. FF for me has always been a strategic game, not Devil May Cry/God of War:ish buttonmashing game.

    Chrono Cross had the best system, you could avoid enemies, but it also had ATB. (I dont like the RPGs where you character fights and run around all over place during combat though, rather have them standing in line like in FF 1 to 10)

    I want the FF series to go back to its roots, back to Fantasy, focus on the story and not fancy effects and clothes, and return to ATB system.
    Also return the minigames. One thing that was great in FF7 was places like Gold Saucer, Chocobo Stables etc.

    FF6 was the peak together with FF7 and Tactics, then it went slowly downhill. Now its just the name left.

    Kingdom Hearts is their best RPG serie now.

  18. #293

    I empathize with you. FF9 was a glorious example of 3D fantasy. I could only imagine with the technology that we have now how breathtakingly beautiful a high fantasy installment would be on the new generation. As it stands, XIV is the closest we've gotten in a while.....

  19. #294

    Bravely Default seems to be done like the PS1 RPGs.

  20. #295

    I agree. Aside from the mmo games, square hasn't put out a real ff game since ff9. Hopefully this changes otherwise they wont get another penny out of me outside of the online genre.

  21. #296

    Bravely Default is more Final Fantasy then Final Fantasy but isn't Final Fantasy.





    And Type 0 was a good step in the right direction.





    I fear that XV will only serve to look pretty and reattempt that character driven narrative Kitase is still pushing for. Nomura good games.





    Oh well. Shin Megami Tensei 4 will have me covered.







  22. #297

    Atlus seems to be pretty good at maintaining the JRPG image. I'm still waiting on news of Persona 5 with baited breathe.





    Anyways, I share SELO's sentiments on the subject; it's been a really long time since a Final Fantasy title has left me satisfied. Eventually you just have to look elsewhere to find what you're looking for, because nothing stays the same forever.
    signature image

  23. #298

    Bravely Default looks decent, but im not a big fan of the "chibi" character look. Its definatly more FF then FF is today.


    I bet alot of people would buy new games with old style gameplay (top view, world maps, ATB combat, towns) like BoF3, Lufia, FF~6, FF Tactics, Chrono Cross. (not a big fan of the DQ series) All you need to do is make it have clearer graphics.


    You dont need fancy actioncombat, light and explosions everywhere and weird clothes. You need a good story, likeable characters, solid gameplay.


    FF series became great becouse of a reason, but for every FF game, its going further and further away from FF.


    I for one would definatly buy a PS4 if an oldschool JRPG was made for it by a good studio.

  24. #299

    Originally Posted by Selo


    Bravely Default looks decent, but im not a big fan of the "chibi" character look. Its definatly more FF then FF is today.


    I bet alot of people would buy new games with old style gameplay (top view, world maps, ATB combat, towns) like BoF3, Lufia, FF~6, FF Tactics, Chrono Cross. (not a big fan of the DQ series) All you need to do is make it have clearer graphics.


    You dont need fancy actioncombat, light and explosions everywhere and weird clothes. You need a good story, likeable characters, solid gameplay.


    FF series became great becouse of a reason, but for every FF game, its going further and further away from FF.


    I for one would definatly buy a PS4 if an oldschool JRPG was made for it by a good studio.

    I feel your pain, man. Final Fantasies 1-9 were the titles that had the goods that got me into the series in the first place. Back then it seemed that Squaresoft wanted us to not only enjoy the stories, but to also enjoy the worlds the stories were built into. That's the message I got from them, and that's why I put Squaresoft on such a high pedestal in those days. I can't do that for SE. They're not at the 'bottom' of my list. But, they're not at the 'top' of it either. I've found myself throwing in the older games just to get my FF "fix". I'm longing for the day when I don't have to do that anymore.

  25. #300

    *cough cough*.....finalfantasxyXIV

Page 12 of 15 First First ... 289101112131415 Last

Tags for this Thread