Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: what do you think of Lighting?

what do you think of Lighting?

is she cool? does she drool? does she rock or not? ? you decide. i would apreciate it.

She definitely rocks harder than the whole FFXIII character cast imo.

I don't think there has ever been a character in a video game that is more amazing than Lightning Farron. She was amazing and was on a calibur of character development/design I have never seen. So I think she's cool and she does definitly rock.

She is an awsome brave women and I respect her. Don't under estamate her when it comes to fighting, but she is nice and kind like an angel, and my she is my sister, just kidding XD. I wish she was in real life... oh well -_-' , but she is beautiful and has a fine body so does Serah not being perverted and all...sorry going back to the subject, yes she does rock!! XD

Originally Posted by DerekMaverick

I don't think there has ever been a character in a video game that is more amazing than Lightning Farron. She was amazing and was on a calibur of character development/design I have never seen. So I think she's cool and she does definitly rock.

Really? I thought she had very little depth and very little character development. Most Final Fantasy games explain why certain characters act the way they do. There was more range with every other character in XIII than Lightning. Most bland character I have ever played as. She is actually one of the reasons I didn't enjoy XIII. I enjoyed XIII-2 more because she wasn't in it as much.

I know I will be the minority on these forums but the general consensus of the Final Fantasy fans will say that they did not like her character.

I thought she was cool in Dissida but didn't like her much in ff13... she was cold for no reason, but then she gave that up and things seemed to get worse... she was just as whiney as the rest of them at that point

I agree on her personality. I think she had a somewhat militant attitude throughout almost half the story, since she was a soldier and all.

I think she's amazing! xD I love her personality because she'salways determined and I actually really loved how cold she was because It made her feel like a stronger character. I loved her fighting style, her personality, and her outfits haha. So yeah Lightning Farron is an amazing character in my eyes.

I think she is a flat and boring character.

I like how she has a fiery personality, and is the type to act quickly and make decisions on the fly.

And she has pink hair :P

Cant agree more. Ive played all Final Fantasy games up to XIII-2, and she's by far the best character of then. No Cloud, Squall, Galuf, Auron or Edgar can surpass her, they are not even close.

She is cool but doesn't have a worthy appointment to deepen her personality ,so she is not the coolest.

I agree. The best thing about the FF13 series was lightnig herself. Without her, what is FF13? I don't Know. In 13-2 they even saver her DLC story for last and its the largest (file wise)

Pros:

Character Design is number one. Lets be real, Lightning has as much sex appeal as any femal FF character

Shes unique. One of the more notable strawberry blonds I've seen since Mimi from Digimon LOL

We all know the protagonists weapon is a key aspect of the character. Cloud with his big @$$ sword (Overcompensate much lol), Squall with the smith & wesson Gunblade, Zidane with twin daggers (meh), and Lightnig with the humongous Leatherman lol.

Cons:

Who the hell taught that girl how to fight!!!! I've seen Advent Children and as much as I like FF7, 8 and 9 Lightning will dance graceful circles around any of those characters then hit them with Army of One lol. Cloud is a Maco/Genetically enhanced test-tube baby, Squall was raised as a mercenary for hire by an elite military organization for most of his life and Zidane is half monkey, meaning extra agility and strength normal humans dont have.

As far far as i can tell, getting "Branded" only gave her the ability to summon and use magic. I would accept this as a pro also if only it ware fleshed out better.

Well she becomes a soldier when she's still very young. Since then, trained whith the anti-gravity tecnology, and despite being part of the guardian corps of Bodhum, one of the most weaks groups of the Sanctum, she make her way to a promotion quite quickly and go on missions in dangerous areas like the Vile Peaks.

Originally Posted by Lunakai

Well she becomes a soldier when she's still very young. Since then, trained whith the anti-gravity tecnology, and despite being part of the guardian corps of Bodhum, one of the most weaks groups of the Sanctum, she make her way to a promotion quite quickly and go on missions in dangerous areas like the Vile Peaks.

Thanks for that. It partly exsplains her inhuman fighting abilities. I think the other part it is the developers just making the action over-the-top advent children/kingdom hearts style. Another part is probably the fact that a lot of the story in FF13 isn't flesed out through the actual gameplay instead requiring you to sit there and read it for five to ten minutes in-between mission. Needless to say...... I didn't do that LOL.

Yeah she's a cool leader type character. It was nice seeing another female heroine in the FF series.

Lightning is fantastic. She's definitely my favorite leading lady in the entire series.

Who the hell taught that girl how to fight!!!! I've seen Advent Children and as much as I like FF7, 8 and 9 Lightning will dance graceful circles around any of those characters then hit them with Army of One lol. Cloud is a Maco/Genetically enhanced test-tube baby, Squall was raised as a mercenary for hire by an elite military organization for most of his life and Zidane is half monkey, meaning extra agility and strength normal humans dont have.

Comparing the way the characters fight has always seemed meaningless to me... FF5, 8, and 12 had more "realistic" limitations on the characters... Squall and Vaan can't exactly jump up massive skyscrapers. Dissidia makes them all OP in order to balance the gameplay but... each character comes from a world where different powers and levels of super-humanness are expected, and I dislike comparing them to decide who is better.

It would probably annoy some people here if I said Ichigo Kurosaki could destroy all of them... and for the same reason that comparing FF "power levels" annoys me.

Originally Posted by LightningFarr0n
    I think she's amazing! xD I love her personality because she'salways determined and I actually really loved how cold she was because It made her feel like a stronger character. I loved her fighting style, her personality, and her outfits haha. So yeah Lightning Farron is an amazing character in my eyes.
    and so are um moving on.

Originally Posted by Lumina
    She is cool but doesn't have a worthy appointment to deepen her personality ,so she is not the coolest.
    But I should explain that it is the writer’s fault, not hers.

Originally Posted by Strife the Avenger22
    is she cool? does she drool? does she rock or not? ? you decide. i would apreciate it.
    I honestly thought she was very similiar to Cloud being an individual who still fights for the family with the same attitude alike they were also ex-soldiers but lightning is also mysterious like Vincent Valentine making Lightning a fan favorite

I loved her! She is like the female version of Cloud in my point of view. LOVE LOVE LOVE her attitude! As the story moved on and on it changed a lot. She gets right into the action! It's very understandable by the way she acts because she was a soldier and all.

She's beautiful and an awesome fighter! She kinda scares me when she acts all mean and cool, but her personality's great even when she acts all caring around her sister Serah or Hope. I like to play as her in Dissidia, even though her moves are not as good as Zidane, Yuna, or Vaan; and I like to play her in Theatrhythm which I am playing now.

She started off kind of bland to me, always serious, loner type, cold. Her character development throughout the game made her one of my favorite characters eventually. ^^

Lightning she is an amazing woman,strong, beautiful, and fighter anyone could've fell in love with her in the way she is.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last