Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: Final Fantasy - Your Ideas

Final Fantasy - Your Ideas

Final Fantasy - Your Ideas

Ok guys, we've all found out by now that until a Final Fantasy comes out that surpasses FF7, Square isn't going to remake it. This thread is our chance to give them a few ideas to them so the FF7 remake comes out faster! Put your ideas up for elements they could incorporate into this! COME ON GUYS, I WANT FF7 REMAKE TO COME OUT FASTER!!!

My idea:
    Elements used: FF12 License Board and ADB System
    FF13/13-2 Graphics!
    FF7 Styled storyline!
    FFVS13 Real Time (i.e: Walking down a street and having a plane crash through a building and into the street in front of you!)
    Monsters from every single Final Fantasy and a few new ones!
    Open World Exploration!
    Airships and Airship dogfights!
    New epic environments! ( Cities, Mountains, etc.)
    C'mon guys, you would love to see this!

@Jonathan

So.... Basically Final Fantasy Versus XIII without the real-time battle system?

So, if you were to look it up. You would find out that they don't have enough money and the man power to make a good enough remake. If they made it now, it wouldn't even be close to the kind of quality they want it to be.

I think Square should focus mainly on the storyline for any FF series. Before anything else, like the graphics, gameplay, new environment, new monsters, and other things along those lines; they need to focus on the storyline. If they take the time to think up an amazing storyline, then put their new graphics, gameplay, and all the other things i mentioned, then their is a possibility that it will surpass FFVII.

^^^^This.

BTW that's how preproduction worked on Versus XIII. The game idea was thought up long before they announced it. Nomura fleshed out the story and then got to work on everything else. That is why I firmly believe that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be amazing!

Oh man Square needs to talk about this game at Gamescom, PAX or TGS this year!!!

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    @Jonathan

So.... Basically Final Fantasy Versus XIII without the real-time battle system?
    @Psycho Ninja

Eh for some reason I liked the FF12 Active Dimension Battle but loved the FF Versus-13 Real Time exploration and liked the idea of combining them

Originally Posted by Quy

I think Square should focus mainly on the storyline for any FF series. Before anything else, like the graphics, gameplay, new environment, new monsters, and other things along those lines; they need to focus on the storyline. If they take the time to think up an amazing storyline, then put their new graphics, gameplay, and all the other things i mentioned, then their is a possibility that it will surpass FFVII.

I don't like story driven , they should balance between the story and gameplay like . If they focus too much on the story , it will become linear like FFX and FFXIII . That game will never surpass FF VII . In fact , there are many FF has surpassed FFVII in many different ways but not in terms of revenue

ADB is the evolution from ATB so I hope it reappears in the future

Originally Posted by Azure
    Originally Posted by Quy

I don't like story driven , they should balance between the story and gameplay like . If they focus too much on the story , it will become linear like FFX and FFXIII . That game will never surpass FF VII . In fact , there are many FF has surpassed FFVII in many different ways but not in terms of revenue

ADB is the evolution from ATB so I hope it reappears in the future
    Well, the game doesn't have to be story driven to make an amazing storyline. I wasn't trying to say that. If they were to focus on the story, they would be able to fit other things, like different stories in, if they wish. The other FF games had stories, but you got to go wherever you wished, like in FFVII, VIII, IX and other; however, you still need to beat the main objective to actually beat the game.

I agree that other FF games surpassed FFVII in many different ways, but not in revenues. That's what Square is trying to surpass, which will be difficult, since it is very hard to please everyone, especially those who compare other FF games to which ever new FF game they release.

I also hope that ADB appears in their future games as well.

Originally Posted by Quy

I agree. It's actually the story that makes me enjoy the games in the FF series more than anything else. Final Fantasy XIII lacked in that area in my opinion and my interest wasn't the same as in some of the others.

Final Fantasy Tactics Online: A Cell Shaded (Think Valkaria Chronicles) Skill Based, Dark-mature, Low Fantasy, MMORPG based in the Ivalice world from Tactics/and Ogre.

Would use similar classes, however skill bars like many MMO's today would have 8 active, 8 passive skills to choose from, kinda like guild wars. Class balance would of course be a top priority. Squire/Chemist would be tutorial -level 5 class then branch out from there, however even a Knight could go toe to toe with a Lancer/Time mage if played properly. Obviously PVP would be a big thing in this game.

The story would have branching archs based on your choices throughout the game. Also race/class/sex/national heritage/goodvsevil decisions would open secondary quests/ story options with multiple endings. There would be one MAIN story line that branches, makes sense? It would also be a dark, political, low magic/fantasy story (No fighting gods in the end or such nonsense.) Back stabbing and bribbery abound in the struggle for power blah blah blah! Oh and yes romance, why not!?

The art style would be simple enough to reflect the Tactics games, except in 3D. Armor/Weapons would be suprisingly simple. (None of the multi-colored Fireworks flying off them). LOW Fantasy, even grudgy even. Start with armor with holes in them/ or caked with mud/rust etc. Art with armor/weapons are huge in my book. Also character creation should be complex enough to give the player a sense of individuality, and yet not over the top. Simple is always better.

Voice acting for just cinematic portions of the game. If KOTOR taught me anything, it's that voice acting really isn't necessary, and that budget could have been put in various other places. (Longer game maybe?) Music however, is what Square has always done right, and would like to see a masterful Soundtrack as usual. Any thoughts suggestions comments bring it, cause this is my fantasy, what is yours?

For Versus XIII to be called Final Fantasy XV and for it to be released by spring of next year.

for them to remake Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Legend, Final Fantasy 3(IE Final Fantasy VI), and Final Fantasy VII for any platform. Final Fantasy Legend and Final Fantasy were and still are my absolute favorites.

Hello. As a fan of Final Fantasy I have always wanted my heroes in one place. I was thinking that Square Enix could help with the idea or give me some insight to how they felt about my idea. No I do not want credit. Just the game. LOL. I was thinking that the title should be, Swords of Time or something of that sort. It starts off by a modern time hero and his accomplices battling their enemy. The entire team gets demolished except our hero who has barely survived. He was rescued and learns that his enemies have decided to go back through time and space to destroy all of the past hero's and make an alliance with their enemies. Making an army so powerful to take over and rule his time and to ensure that he could never be defeated. Our hero must do the same by gathering the hero of each time (Tidas, Squall, Cloud, and Auron just to name a few). Even some new ones as well. A whole new battling system for the Eons, Gaurdians or Summons which include new moves and team specials. A new battling system with new "overdrives" that can be single or a tag team effort that changes with each character. New and older Boss's. Larger map areas and even new Ultimate Weaponry and body armor. I have many more ideas. Please respond and let me know what everyone thinks of my idea. Thanx!!!

New Final Fantasy idea.

Hello. As a fan of Final Fantasy I have always wanted my heroes in one place. I was thinking that Square Enix could help with the idea or give me some insight to how they felt about my idea. No I do not want credit. Just the game. LOL. I was thinking that the title should be, Swords of Time or something of that sort. It starts off by a modern time hero and his accomplices battling their enemy. The entire team gets demolished except our hero who has barely survived. He was rescued and learns that his enemies have decided to go back through time and space to destroy all of the past hero's and make an alliance with their enemies. Making an army so powerful to take over and rule his time and to ensure that he could never be defeated. Our hero must do the same by gathering the hero of each time (Tidas, Squall, Cloud, and Auron just to name a few). Even some new ones as well. A whole new battling system for the Eons, Gaurdians or Summons which include new moves and team specials. A new battling system with new "overdrives" that can be single or a tag team effort that changes with each character. New and older Boss's. Larger map areas and even new Ultimate Weaponry and body armor. I have many more ideas. Please respond and let me know what everyone thinks of my idea. Thanx!!!

So... you're basically asking for a Dissidia with a decent plot?

Oh wow. I just looked up Dissidia, which I never heard of, and I guess my idea and that game does seem similar. So I guess so lol.. What do you think of my idea?

I think it sounds like what I had expected Dissidia to be like in the first place lol, only problem is that almost none of the numbered FF titles occured in the same universe. Now, if it was based on the void instead of time and the main character was Gilgamesh void-hopping around and picking up all the heroes for a huge battle royale, that would probably fit better within the Final Fantasy settings.

hey that sounds even better. That is what I meant by time though. Didn't mean it in that way so thank you for clearifying that up. Gilgamesh can be the main character. That sounds like a great idea as well. I would love to see a cross combo between Cloud's Omnislash and Squall's Lionheart overdrive. Now that is some major damage. At first I wanted that to be part of the Eon and character cross ability. Like an Omnislash and Lionheart overdrive ended by Bahamut's blast. But that would be pushing it and I don't think that ppl would like that idea.

Greetings, An'Ton!

Thank you for sharing your ideas for a new Final Fantasy game! In order to make sure that your thread can be properly viewed, though, I made sure to move the thread from "Official Square Enix Announcements" to the "FINAL FANTASY General Discussion" thread. Thanks again for your participation!

Ok. Thank you. It was my mistake. Didn't mean to post in the "Official Square Enix Announcements" threads. My apologies. Thank you again.

seems alot like dissidia in my opinion they need something that hasmt been done yet like pirates or space. yeah they had sky pirates but im talking sea faring ones that dont fly and yeah cid in 7 went to space but i dont think it really been touched since that.

Yh I just found that out. I never heard of Dissia until someone brought it to my attention. But even they said that Dissia didn't really have a point or a meaning. I have to play it to see how much it will resemble my idea. Then maybe I can update my idea. Thanks for responding!

Lately I've been playing MOBA-style games such as DOTA, League of Legends, and SMITE. They are a lot of fun. And I was thinking, Square-Enix should develop a MOBA game that uses FF characters as the "champions". If you don't know how these games play, you should read about it. I thnk it would be cool to basically take the core game and give it the world of Final Fantasy.

There could be a variety of characters, each with different roles. Imagine, your team could have a line-up like Auron as your fighter, Snow as your tank, Vivi as your mage, a ranged character such as Irvine... Each character would have the standard 4 abilities and a unique passive ability.

The game could be free-to-play but charge money for in-game items the same way that League of Legends does. I think as a free-to-play online experience it would cater to a much larger audience than for example FFXI or FFXIV, while charging for alternate skins and other optional items would provide income for SE.

The arena/battleground, the items, and interface could all be filled with the FF influence. For example, you could use items such as "Black Belt", "Ribbon", "Hi-Potion", "Ultima Weapon" etc. Characters could have abilities based off their abilities from their FF title, such as "Jump" or "OmniSlash". The bosses on the maps (Such as Baron in League of Legends) could be monsters from the FF series. We could add moogles and chocobos and all that trademark Final Fantasy stuff.

I'm sure Square-Enix wouldn't develop this just based off my suggestion, typically they don't make games just because there's a demand for them.. but imagine how cool this game would be.

Only if GILGAMESH is in it.

Originally Posted by imported_Aaron
    Lately I've been playing MOBA-style games such as DOTA, League of Legends, and SMITE. They are a lot of fun. And I was thinking, Square-Enix should develop a MOBA game that uses FF characters as the "champions". If you don't know how these games play, you should read about it. I thnk it would be cool to basically take the core game and give it the world of Final Fantasy.

There could be a variety of characters, each with different roles. Imagine, your team could have a line-up like Auron as your fighter, Snow as your tank, Vivi as your mage, a ranged character such as Irvine... Each character would have the standard 4 abilities and a unique passive ability.

The game could be free-to-play but charge money for in-game items the same way that League of Legends does. I think as a free-to-play online experience it would cater to a much larger audience than for example FFXI or FFXIV, while charging for alternate skins and other optional items would provide income for SE.

The arena/battleground, the items, and interface could all be filled with the FF influence. For example, you could use items such as "Black Belt", "Ribbon", "Hi-Potion", "Ultima Weapon" etc. Characters could have abilities based off their abilities from their FF title, such as "Jump" or "OmniSlash". The bosses on the maps (Such as Baron in League of Legends) could be monsters from the FF series. We could add moogles and chocobos and all that trademark Final Fantasy stuff.

I'm sure Square-Enix wouldn't develop this just based off my suggestion, typically they don't make games just because there's a demand for them.. but imagine how cool this game would be.
    no..........just.........no

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last