Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Official DX:IW v1.2 Patch

Official DX:IW v1.2 Patch

Official DX:IW v1.2 Patch

This is a cumulative patch for Deus Ex: Invisible War, including all previous fixes in the v1.1 patch. To update to the current version 1.2 simply download the patch and double-click to begin installation.

Additionally, saved games from previous versions will work fine in version 1.2.

Patch Documentation

Changes contained within the v1.1 patch

- Defaulted Bloom to off when starting a new game.
    - Adjusted mouse movement to eliminate feeling of "lagginess".
    - Adjusted the HUD so that it is pushed toward the edges of the screen.
    - Added option for turning all shadows off. This can massively improve performance, especially at higher resolutions.
    - Shrunk all text sizes.
    - Reworked mouse-based UI control within the inventory and biomod screens:
    - Right-clicking will now swap items in the inventory and toolbelt screen.
    - Added buttons for installing weapon mods and biomods.
    - The biomod/inventory/datavault hotkeys are now toggles (the same buttons will now both open and close these subscreens).
    - Added quicksave/quickload keys. (F10/F12)
    - Non-hostile AI's will now go hostile much sooner if shot.
    - Eliminated monitor resyncing during level transition and savegame loads.
    - Increased the headshot damage multiplier for the pistol.
    - Increased the damage of the stun prod.

Changes contained within the v1.2 patch

- Additional optimizations that will improve performance on most systems

- Fixed graphical errors for those using NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 cards with Deus Ex: Invisible War

- Fixed the fuzzy appearance of the bloom, sniper scope, vision biomod, and other full-screen effects

Download Patch Here

~Jumpin Jebus

Awesome, I hope those optimizations and fixes help us ATI users!

Damnit, which frickin' file is it that's keeping the update from running. I hate it when that happens. Is it because I have the community texture pack installed?
    I guess I have to completely reinstall the damn game just to run the god-damn patch.

I haven't been able to test it yet, but according to Koif, if you have the Texture Pack installed, you must first open the ibdPatcher, choose the NO TEXTURES preset and enable it, then after it's done you can install the patch. Then go back and enable the Texture Pack.

I did get some performance boost from it. I loaded up a game and went to a spot where things really bogged down with some settings on higher details. In the same spot I went from 18 to 24 FPS. It's not huge, there, but was about 10 FPS higher in most places I was checking.

This patch revitalized part of my faith in the makers of this game.

For the Radeon Mobility 9000 can now run DX:IW at a reasonable rate now. I can do full options at 800X600 without it being impossible to move - wow. I might actually play through the game again now.

I can see a huge improvement. I was playing with shadows turned completely off. Now I am playing with Shadows on High Detail and getting about the same FRs, or at least so it seems by the fluidity while playing. I don't know how to tell exactly what FRs are present at any given time. But now it seems to run just as smoothly with Shadows on High Detail as before with the Shadows turned off.
    Still running at 800X600 Resolution though with Bloom off and other details on High.
    Bloom still does nothing to look all that great to me. I think it looks better with it off. Maybe my video card (GF4 Ti4600) is not a good card to get good results from it.

Nah bloom is just a crappy blurring effect that hides the poor texturing of this game. Helps to smooth things out on a low res display like the average TV but as far as PC gaming is concerned it's absolutely pointless.

Thumbs Down

After waiting about 20 minutes for the IBD texture thing to reset the textures, I rebooted and re-installed DX:IW (seemed quicker).

The re-install took about 3 or 4 minutes.

The patch 1.2 is now taking about 10 minutes and counting...geez what's going on?

slooooowwwww

at this rate, the patch will take almost 2 hours to install.

Rolleyes poo

I had to uninstall completely DX:IW. Re-install took about 45 minutes. Then ran the patch. That took about 2 hours.

Unsure whether I should attempt to install the custom texture pack. Will it work after applying 1.2 patch?

I've got everything working now including the texture pack back in. The only other thing I noticed is the fact that the game executable is now DX2Main.exe. Which drove me nuts for a bit, I have a background app that monitors launched apps and changes my mouse settings so that all the buttons on my MX500 work, and all my extra buttons weren't working there for a bit. Just had to add DX2Main.exe to the list.
    Unfortunately I don't see much of an improvement in performance. It actually turned off a bunch of things I had turned on so at first look it seemed uglier.

originaly posted by Inglo
    I have a background app that monitors launched apps and changes my mouse settings so that all the buttons on my MX500 work
    what program do you use to enable them ?

thx

Arrow Broken patch?

It appears that 1.2 patch is broken. See this thread for details. I advise caution on applying this patch.

That issue doesn't qualify the patch as "broken". Broken would imply crashes or complete non-function.
    What's described is the possibility of a minor annoyance, hardly worth worrying over.

It's nowhere near as bad as the tap-dancing JC in one of the Deus Ex patches (as you progressed through the game, JC's footsteps started to sound as if he was tap-dancing).

wow, which patch was that? can we still download it?

Hey no problem with my patching experience. Geez...can anyone think of anything else to complain about?

I cant even get the patch to install, i installed the game to e:\duesEx2 but when i run the patch it gived me an error
    saying directory e:\ does not exist and just exits right out..

Have you tried running the patch from e instead of c?

Thanks, xarax.

Glad I read that thread you posted. I was going to install the patch tonight to see if it might improve performance with my Hercules 3D Prophet III card and maybe reduce crashes.

All I need is glitches in various maps of the game that cause object creation until the maps have to be left quickly to avoid *more* crashes.

I'm glad 'they' put out another patch but I ain't going NEAR this one. I'll wait until the 1.3 patch comes out, thanks.
    Happiness is a full wallet, a loaded clip and one in the chamber.

"Unable to apply patch. Old File was not found. However a File of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match"

Oh for gods sake. Ive only just installed it for the first time. I only got the damned game today

If you bought the Euro version, you don't need to patch.

Originally posted by Random
    If you bought the Euro version, you don't need to patch.
    Upon reloading the game, i realised just how stupid i was

The game however is still jerky as hell, and this isnt good for the combat scenes.

Help! i half installed the patch when some freaky text saying the files where copied and moved into a different folder or something came up and it just stopped. But when i loaded up the game it took ages. I pressed ctrl - alt -delete and it got out but said deus ex was still running. Then it automatically went into the game. The graphics were changed to 640 x 800. I couldn't changed them back until i went through the whole process of loading up the game again. I thought ok it's working now, but when I loaded up my save game it just quit deus ex. I keep trying again and again but it does the same thing. Should I uninstall it or not? I think it might be something to do with the single skins I downloaded off of John P's site. If it doesn't work when I uninstall what should I do?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last