Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Thread: Final Fantasy - The Future?

Final Fantasy - The Future?

Final Fantasy - The Future?

yes guys, im actually dreaming out loud lets all do it !!!! and hope it comes soon !!!

i wish they would return to a more classic thing... i kinda miss the crystal armor and the ogre axe.... between other things so lets make this a thread to fill with ideas of what we would like.

1- A turn based combat not an ATB but without long animation attacks or cut-ins, think of how spell casting work X-2 or XIII.

2- Allowing me to do everything in my first playthrough.

3- Hard mode + Insane mode. balance the game with hardest difficulty then make an easy mode of it.

4- Not an important but i would love to have a Persian-esque fantasy.

5- New type of commands, XIII Versus has an Ex-Arts while normal FF got nothing?

6- Release date next year.

• Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.
    • It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.
    • The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.
    • The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He’s currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV.
    • The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.
    • The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin’s Creed.
    • The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.
    • Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.
    • Will release on all major current gen platforms.

thesilentchief.com/2012/07/18/gamesmaste...

If this is true then I dont mind Versus XIII keeping its name. As long as XV releases on the current platforms! Keep the tradition of 3 numbered entries per gen. (although I would rather Versus to be renamed to get away from the XIII name but whatever)

We will see how this turns out.

This rumour sounds excising!

Wishful thinking on someone's part.

Fake.

Originally Posted by Earth

Fake.

These guys have a source inside Square. Can you say for 100% certainty that this is fake?

They haven't even finished Final Fantasy Versus XIII - a game which is said to have great scale and content similar to FFVII... so how could they possibly get out a game with similar content ahead of that?

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Fake.

These guys have a source inside Square. Can you say for 100% certainty that this is fake?

From my years experience of watching Final Fantasy news come in -- leaked or not, I say it's fake.

It's way too much information and way too specific for a typical leak.

Unfortunately anyone can claim they have an inside man, and I believe this site has a reputation for spreading hearsay and half truths.

Originally Posted by Fire

They haven't even finished Final Fantasy Versus XIII - a game which is said to have great scale and content similar to FFVII... so how could they possibly get out a game with similar content ahead of that?

Agreed. FINISH VERSUS XIII SQUARE!

*Square gets the idea to make another game before Versus. Gets ready to call someone..*

Dont you dare.... put the phone down...

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Fake.

From my years experience of watching Final Fantasy news come in -- leaked or not, I say it's fake.

It's way too much information and way too specific for a typical leak.

Unfortunately anyone can claim they have an inside man, and I believe this site has a reputation for spreading hearsay and half truths.

Same boat. But I put it on here for discussion sake. A big rumor online. If it is indeed fake I hope Square Enix squashes it quick so it can calm down Final Fantasy Versus XIII fans like me O_o.

I would love to this to be true. This would more than make up for FF 13.

How will the lamebox be able to handle this if it couldn't handle FF 13 without major cuts? I hope if true there are still plenty of CGI cutscenes.

Interesting rumour. It would be awesome if this was true, though only the last two points seem the most believable; anyone would want the next release to be better than the past ones, and seeing FFXIII on cross-platforms seemed to have started a trend that has no reason to not continue. Though I don't know if that means FFXV could possibly be on PC as well...

Perhaps that tech demo of "Agnus" could have something to do with it. I filled out the survey after on the site, and it asked "would be you be interested in a game like this"...

Hrmmm...

As for other points, targetting different parts of a enemy's body ain't new; I recall being able to do that in past FF games ^^

Originally Posted by new_tradition
    Interesting rumour. It would be awesome if this was true, though only the last two points seem the most believable; anyone would want the next release to be better than the past ones, and seeing FFXIII on cross-platforms seemed to have started a trend that has no reason to not continue. Though I don't know if that means FFXV could possibly be on PC as well...

Perhaps that tech demo of "Agnus" could have something to do with it. I filled out the survey after on the site, and it asked "would be you be interested in a game like this"...

Hrmmm...

As for other points, targetting different parts of a enemy's body ain't new; I recall being able to do that in past FF games ^^
    Interesting rumour, we have 2 months to see if theres anything to it, as for the Targetting of different body parts, I clearly remember that in Vii, VIII, X, but only on select characters, I think they might mean a monster hunter type scenario where nearly every big creature has multiple target points.

I just did some research and found that Final Fantasy XV has been trademarked. Why else trademark the name if the game isn't in development? Here's a link to the article where I read this (With picture proof).

ffxvhome.com/2012/7/19/final-fantasy-xv-...

I've also got a direct link to the Trademark here : tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&stat...

They'd trademark it for IP protection, or at least I think that it would be a logical step to do so.

Yeah but already having a logo obviously shows that it's in production. You have to remember, how many games have they created since they announced FFXIII-Versus? Square is known for making multiple titles at one time. I hope it is in development, it would only be the smart move to start working on a new Final Fantasy, we did just get that new footage of their next engine which looks amazing. That tech demo could very well be FFXV.

Originally Posted by Enoc

Yeah but already having a logo obviously shows that it's in production. You have to remember, how many games have they created since they announced FFXIII-Versus? Square is known for making multiple titles at one time. I hope it is in development, it would only be the smart move to start working on a new Final Fantasy, we did just get that new footage of their next engine which looks amazing. That tech demo could very well be FFXV.

Only that isn't the XV logo, it's the logo used for Final Fantasy XIV 2.0.

This rumour maybe true because Square also mention about the Serect Large Scale project long time ago but never reveal it

The logo and trademark are for Final Fantasy XIV 2.0. The've actually used that image in promotional materials.

If they can talk about the circumstances of Final Fantasy XIV with Final Fantasy Versus XIII months from now, that would make a lot of people happy. It would be interesting if this were true: Final Fantasy surpassing the likes of The Elder Scrolls and other open-world games. This would be the break Final Fantasy needs, and with Versus XIII on top of that? Damn.

But I have doubts about this. It's not likely that they would do this before Final Fantasy XIII and XIV were released. And after Versus XIII? Wow.

Pretty sure the team behind Versus is trying to make the world very big and content filled. Like I said those points were ripped straight from old interviews and changed slightly to look new.

The only I am getting out of this is: People want Versus XIII to come out before the next numbered entry. And I share that sentiment too.

Stop claiming yourself to be the voice of the people. You don't represent "people", you represent yourself. I would love to hear about new information and a perhaps a definitive release date for Versus XIII as well but your seemingly limitless posts on this one single unfinished Square Enix game isn't going to rush the developers to complete the game on your behalf. You have almost as many posts as you do points, so perhaps you should focus on purchasing and enjoying the other games Square Enix has to offer instead of passive-aggressively instigating the developers to release the game through posts on their website. It's more than likely that they know there are fans looking forward to the game and want to ensure it will be flawless upon release. Conclusively, the best thing you can do to support the company and their project is to purchase their current games and stop spamming them with your extensive, multiple posts. They will release the game when they are ready

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last