Page 7 of 8 First First ... 345678 Last

Thread: Final Fantasy - The Future?

Final Fantasy - The Future?

Well one thing I want to know. Will the game be a classic, or will it be all new? I liked many of the Final Fantasy games, including Final Fantasy 11. But I did not like Final Fantasy 8, or 13. I think if they do what they did with 12, it'll be good. I liked the way it was ogrinized, players taking on hunts through the HUNT wall, and in the end I liked having airships. I did not yet go back through 13, and power level. I rushed through the game, like I wanted to unlock the gambits, and airship. It did not happen, and I am at the end. But yet to be seen. Another idea, make Crisis Core for PS3 and 4!!!!! Maybe a new story, but that game was awesome.

I just want originality for the story. Not some "want to make another ff7" stuffs. and doesn't have that final boss that only shows up in the final battle only. That is just ridiculous as most ff does.

You know, I hope they bring back Final Fantasy 12 game style. I liked the game play to much to see it go so soon. Final Fantasy 13 was a real bummer, I did'nt like it. Although other good ideas have come out, like Final Fantasy Crisis Core, now that would be a killer good game on pc and consoles. Anyhow i'll play Final Fantasy 14 ARb until I see something better then 13.

I'm wanting just some simple things.

1. A reason to buy the next FF game beyond "Hype". I took a shot in the dark and bought 13-2, and I lost all interest before I got to the end. It's a beautiful game, but it was rather clear that the energy was put into it's looks instead of a solid and reliable storyline that makes you want to replay it.

2. I do not want half the game and options to be DLC... If I buy a game, I want one purchase. Enough said.

3. Stop trying to fix previous faliures with new games. 13 and 13-2 didn't work out as well as certain people had thought or wanted them to. It's time to move on.

4. Make it a habit to start from scratch. Ditch the habit of taking pieces from previous games and modernizing it. Make a hell of a story, then work on how to impliment it. Not the other way around.

5. Bring back memorable and defining Music/Sound. I couldn't tell you what the music was like for anything after X other than XII. But I can sing the entire Evil Mask song and other Boss music from most earlier games.

All I'm really wanting, is to remember a FF game again. Aside from looking at it on the shelf and wondering if I should just trade it in since I don't play it. And with all the rumors about the new consoles not allowing used games, the last thing I want is to abandon the franchise because I made a purchase and it gave me only hate and a sense of being cheated. The music industry learned this the hard way with putting out bad music.

I promise this isn't a rant. I love the franchise and I have a lot of hope that they will make legends again. I just don't want it to be in vain.

^amen to that

I agree about the music. While I did have a soft spot for certain tracks of the XIII universe, everything from X and below is more memorable. Can't tell you how many times I've listened to man with the machine gun or Fight with Seymour. If FFXV takes after XII though like a few odd rumors say, the music was decent but missing the awe/oh wow this battle's going to be good factor.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

* I don't think Final Fantasy XV will be announced this year.

* I do think they will just re-announce all the projects we have heard about such as Versus & Realm Reborn & more on Lightning.

* In my opinion, although I enjoyed playing them, probably just because they are FFs, I feel that the XIII series makes me feel like a sissy when I play it. lol Even though I am a girl, it seems like Serah is a wuss and a girly girl and it reminds me of FF X-2... especially since there are outfit changes again.

* WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE: I read an article recently about the usual roles of video games. Usually you play a male protagonist that saves "the world" and/or a female character. When a female is the protagonist, (although Lightning is badass) she tends to be weaker and is never saving a male character. I would love to see a damsel save a man in distress... then again, I don't think many guys would want to play it. But it would definitely be a nice change. lol

*I'm too broken over waiting for Versus to even think about being excited for a different Final Fantasy. I play every game and sadly, I'm not even excited for the new Lightning Returns, or even the possibility of FF XV being announced. I'm just tired of waiting for what I really want.

This game looks so fun!

>Waiting for beta invite.

Versus = FINAL FANTASY XV?

At least according to Roen: www.roen.jp/BIOGRAPHY/

It would definitely help with marketing and sales for the game if Versus XIII became Final Fantasy XV. The game meets the criteria for a mainline Final Fantasy game too!!

I would fear! If they did this it will be bad! real bad!,because did happened a massive fake campaign on internet claiming Versus 13! would be Final Fantasy XV exclusive for Wii U and PS3.

as much perhaps as the next if have to say is enjoy the dungeon crawler idea if perhaps it has a good enough story behind it. this does bring top the table two dilemmas...

first, it presents the problem with grinding of course.

second, if too much go into the background of the game mechanics it has to take the memory from somewhere else... in this case the longevity of gameplay.

but what about simpler games, people sit for hours playing near mindless games like bejeweled. no fancy graphics even with 3 and twist. Call me a cynic but ff7 8 and 9 had worse graphics than that being polygon based and generation aside were all great games.

now I'm not saying obviously to make another polygon ff. Lord knows that would be a disaster in itself. but you don't need to of the line 3d that only a handful of players will be able to appreciate.

honestly think the era gap is spoiling younger generations with fancy graphics and not enough plot lines or mechanics. so without going old school I want to see a new ff game that brings nostalgia back without sacrificing the newer generation stuff.

mean who wouldn't like to try a ff7 game where some aspects of dirge of Cerberus were thrown in our ffx's blitz ball were brought back with ff13 revamped graphics having a storyline as good as ff2 where the story took the player to the moon...a

normal pplain cd holds roughly 4.5gb of memory( and yes I know xbox and psn are slightly larger especially with the possibility of dvd sized disks too just go with me for a minute with the 4.5)

now if it takes only say like 100mb for mechanics then the rest they use for graphics and storyline not including possible online features. that leaves room for a great heafty amount to pour into for. but if they add more features in mechanics like action sequences or movie clips or a longer story the other 3 aspects suffer so how does one draw the line between the balance between graphics, story, and gameplay uniqueness?

No versus 13 is still versus 13 and FFXV is different game.

Hey All

This came across my mind when I was talking to my co-worker about the old FF games and how great they was. What came to me was, what if SE made a new FF game in the future but throwback 28 bit graphics? I thought that be very cool for the old FF fans. SE can fit alot of data into these new CDs which they can make story longer or have more things to do in the game... I know everyone love good graphics and stuff but CS in the game can still have awesome graphics, hey! might be better since there is more data that SE can use.

But I thought that will be awesome if they brought back 28 bit for a new FF game..

Please remake FF7 CRISIS CORE for iOS. It was really amazing.

I believe the fan base has alot of the same thoughts you do here. I would love to see the classic music where they get a customized symphony and people rave about how abstract and unique it is. In the storyline the game should contain a well developed tree of paths to traverse through the game. If I want linear then I'll play Dirge of Cerberus or a different game series like God of War or something... Final Fantasy used to be so great where you would gain access to a world map and have to get better modes of transportation to cross the world to find that next part of the story. However you weren't forced into the story! The best ways they have done this is where you could level your characters like crazy in FFIX and the bosses would be easier but creatures like Ozmos were put barely into reach and the items to get to him! Then there was chocobos in FFVII that you could breed to access different parts of the world to not only activate new parts of the storyline (with different timings brought different events) but also hidden summons and ultimate weapons. FFXI has so many aspects that if they were implemented into a finite single player game, the title would be a major hit! Choose your job class, choose your way from one side of the world to the other, the need to backtrack and make return visits, NPC's are roled throughout the world and not just in one place, bosses have an effect on the characters personally and if they dont stop them then they will change the world for the worst!!!

IDK, honestly I put off buying sooooo many titles that my friends all rave about just in preparation for dedicated hours to a new FF title on the verge of release. I will play FF dedicated until the day I die. Keep it original, make it epic and give me a unique experience that is both difficult, intuitive and fast paced! Hell I wouldn't mind keeping turn based, but again FFXI really hit alot of good points...

Thoughts?

It might be interesting to see a PS3/PS4 Final Fantasy in the style of Disgaea 4 (using art/portrait-based spritework), but I don't think the series is going to move back to using that kind of graphics for their mainline games.

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian
    It might be interesting to see a PS3/PS4 Final Fantasy in the style of Disgaea 4 (using art/portrait-based spritework), but I don't think the series is going to move back to using that kind of graphics for their mainline games.
    I'm pretty sure they won't move backwards but it will still be cool to see it happen...

Originally Posted by Senju83
    Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

I'm pretty sure they won't move backwards but it will still be cool to see it happen...

well I wouldnt count it out at all, even if they would never do a numeric game in classic style, they could easily do spinoff's that reach back to the golden years of FinalFantasy

although Agni's Philosophy is not a FinalFantasy game, Shinji Hashimoto did confirm that a new FinalFantasy title is in the works for the ps4. we might hear about it this coming E3... thats a big maybe as far as i see it, but i doubt we will hear anything till 2014 or later.

www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/4011074/square...

Originally Posted by Sonic0170

although Agni's Philosophy is not a FinalFantasy game, Shinji Hashimoto did confirm that a new FinalFantasy title is in the works for the ps4. we might hear about it this coming E3... thats a big maybe as far as i see it, but i doubt we will hear anything till 2014 or later.

Well, if Final Fantasy XV is not gonna be Agni's philosophy (world) then i think i never gonna buy square enix games again,Square enix gonna lost many fans again not just me and then i don't care about SE anymore.After watching Agni's philosophy Video i was excited for a new Final Fantasy for the first time in years.People wanted type 0 english for ps3 and psp, FF7 remake,but square never done it. (VS13 after how many years? 7-8?)pff.

Originally Posted by gyigyo

Originally Posted by Sonic0170

Well, if Final Fantasy XV is not gonna be Agni's philosophy (world) then i think i never gonna buy square enix games again,Square enix gonna lost many fans again not just me and then i don't care about SE anymore.After watching Agni's philosophy Video i was excited for a new Final Fantasy for the first time in years.People wanted type 0 english for ps3 and psp, FF7 remake,but square never done it. (VS13 after how many years? 7-8?)pff.

GIve it time, you will get your FinalFantasy XV trailer and based on the way Agni's philosophy was put together, I have faith that Squeenix will manage to pull off another amazing story, now besides the story, designing a great game is still in question with the utter failure of all the XIII game's (not including Versus, i still have high hopes for Versus XIII)

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704528-final-fan...

"OK, this is an update to my previous topic on the matter.

Firstly, SQEX Japan recently updated the domain for finalfantasyversus.com and finalfantasyagito.com. They updated both domains on April 23, 2013. This is only around a month ago. This is really interesting as both these domains were first registered on May 8, 2006, the same day Versus XIII and Agito XIII were announced.

Below are details about the domains, as well as info on who owns them and when they were updated:

Versus:

-- whois.net/whois/finalfantasyversus.com

-- whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyversus...

Agito

-- whois.net/whois/finalfantasyagito.com

-- whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyagito....

Another interesting discovery is that on April 24, 2013, only one day after SQEX Japan updated the above two domains, they also went on to file a trademark for both "FINAL FANTASY VERSUS" and "FINAL FANTASY AGITO".

You can find details about that here: blog.esuteru.com/archives/7140161.html

This could mean that FF Versus XIII has not been renamed FFXV. Instead, it's now just called "FINAL FANTASY VERSUS", without the XIII. There are three points that support this:

(1) Tetsuya Nomura stated when FF Versus XIII was first announced that the game was unsuitable as a mainline FF due to the plot, themes and gameplay structure. This was despite him knowing how ambitious in scope he wanted to make the game.

(2) Tetsuya Nomura still refers to the game as "Versus". Nomura referred to the game as "Versus" more than once during his recent interview on the SQEX Merchandise Radio in April 2013.

(3) Yosinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama stated recently in January 2013 that "The Lightning Saga" represents FFXIII. However, they also added that The Lightning Saga doesn't represent the end of Fabula Nova Crystallis. The plot thickens! Not long till E3 2013, where we'll hopefully find out the truth! :-)

---

Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story."

FFXV is probably a rebranded form of FF Versus XIII. I would certainly be okay with this.

A fake, or not a fake... images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/5/8... ...that is the question~

I guess it's pretty obvious it's a fake though. But who knows what really might happen?

Page 7 of 8 First First ... 345678 Last