Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Favorite Party Combinations

Favorite Party Combinations

I would like to start playing it again, but I can't get online with it, so it lowers my enthusiasum to train any more good monsters. So I ended my game with a Nimzo and Night Clubber. What party set ups have you guys used?

Hey guys. I'm DQjackson778, check me out on Youtube under that name. Anyway, I have been playing DQ IV lately, and I was wondering what everybody thinks the best combination of characters for the party are. I told myself I needed a magic user to cast Sap and Oomph, but I've actually been using a heavy meelee team and things have been going well. My usual team is Hero, Ragnar, Alena, and Kiryl. What do you guys think is the best party?

-DQjackson778

Ps. I have DQ IV boss videos on Youtube!

I party was close to that, I used the Hero Alena Maya and Kiryl so it was two brawlers, a mage, and a healer. plus the sisters learned be dragon. So boss!

Well, Night Clubber is really badass if you give it a skill with Mecurical Thrust.

Other popular monsters are Wulfspade Ace, Nokturnus, Drakulard, Metal King Slime, Leopold, & Overkilling machine.

Stuff like Watabou can be super badass with its high agility (if you give it Magic burst & Magic Regen.)

And rank A's, B's, and even a couple of C's can do really well if you train them right.

Slime XY can actually REFLECT Magic Burst, making it a VERY useful ally. The oher XYs, Green Dragon, Skeleton, Conklave, Teeny Sanguini, Chimaera, & Goodybag can be really good too, but they are difficult to obtain. You need to take the base monster, fuse it with the same one (it has to be lv 20+) and it will become an Upgraded version, otherwise known as an X. if you fuse two lv 50+ Xes of the same monster, they will become an S-rank XY.

Here are some advantages:

Conklave XY: Has Psycho, High attack &m Agility, & Tactical Trooper.

Chimeara XY: Has Uber Healer as its base skill, which has Kazing, Omniheal, & Megaheal. it also has Desperado & Giant Killer.

Goodybag XY: Has Close Scraper, Deadly Touch, & probably the best stats out of any XY (excluding G.D. because it is a Medium-sized monster).

Green Dragon XY: High HP & Defense, Has Big Hitter (which all medium-sized monsters do) & Tactical Genius. If paired up with a Slime XY, the slime's Zap spells will increase a hundredfold, due to GD's Crafty Zapper trait.

Skeleton XY: High HP, Attack, & Defense. it has Close Scraper & Counterstriker (a very good combo) & has a unique trait among all the XYs: It has Disruptive Wave as a trait. As long as you don't use stuff like Helm Splitter or anything like that, you will be all set with this Uber Knight.

Slime XY: Dosen't really stand out in any area, but the all-time fave squishy blob has a few good tricks up its... uh... sleeves? First of all, It REFLECTS Fire Breath magic, making it able to bounce back Magic Burst & prevent a large amount of damage being done. It also has Critical Massacre, Zapmeister, Tactical Trooper, & is the only XY that can equip whips. A VERY nice upgrade to the lovable mascot.

Teeny Sanguini XY: Not Much to be had here, this one is mostly for support. Its base skill is all buffing & debuffing spells. It has Wave of Relief as a trait, Rabble Rouser, & Early birrd, but it also has the lowest defense of the XYs & Yellow-belly, making it a potential liability.

So, I hope you don't mind my little rant, but I hope this was useful to you.

Yeah, that sounds good. I guess I probably should include a magic caster if I need some more damage...

That was a cool rant! but I'm no longer making a party myself XD I'm curious what was your supreme monster team?

Originally Posted by Jackson

Yeah, that sounds good. I guess I probably should include a magic caster if I need some more damage...

Well, the cool part is doing the post game stuff and getting
    on your team. he RAWKS

Who are the characters in your DQIX adventure? Here are mine:

Victor - Gladiator Lv.99
    Juan - Paladin Lv.99
    Link - Gladiator Lv.99
    Andina - Sage Lv.99

I saw somewhere that he's excellent with a special armor gotten from a pair of poultry extra bosses.

I saw somewhere that he's excellent with a special armor gotten from a pair of poultry extra bosses.

Blue team! Or blue skin team...

Rhapthorne 1

Zoma

Dracolord

also a Powie Yowie, a puppeteer and a Dhuran but my bro probably merged them by now, eh he beated the superboss so I´m fine with that.

Originally Posted by frostare

I believe that, those bosses were tough, they got harder every time you fought them

Good idea!

Roto lvl 99 Gladiator

Kamiyama lvl 99 Priest

Ferris lvl 99 Paladin

Originally Posted by frostare

Blue team! Or blue skin team...

Rhapthorne 1

Zoma

Dracolord

also a Powie Yowie, a puppeteer and a Dhuran but my bro probably merged them by now, eh he beated the superboss so I´m fine with that.

Nice, that seems like a pretty boss team XD I wish malroth was better, I want to make a good one but he kinda sorta stinkers. he is s'posed to be the god of destruction, but just because he had heal al in the game they made him a healer. lame

I also had a Great Godbird that was freaking badass. Just give one C-C-Cold Breath & Gigaslash GigaGASH & you're all set. You can deal 800-1000 damage to enemies per round (without specific orders, obviously)

Generally Hero,
    , Alena and Meena or Kiryl.

Can't recall atm, but probably

Gladiator

Sage

Paladin

Gladiator

All 99 to that effect, I still need to revocate a few times.

I'm also considering using the guest characters and replace my team, Erin, Patty, Sellma, Aquila, but I don't know which 3 to use.

The Guest characters are pretty cool. I finally finished out all their training so they are all 99 too XD And who doesn't love giving aquila an afro...

This is my team!!

Caspian- Minstreal lv.99

Haruna- Sage lv.99

Frank- Mage lv.99

Shakira- Gladiator lv.99

Cool. I heard Psaro was great on the team, but he's not with me yet.

My team:

Dennis- Gladiator lvl.99

Moni- Gladiator lvl.99

Ozon- Priest lvl.99

Richard- Sage lvl.99

My party is a little different, and I'm not level 99 on a lot of them since I'm leveling up two vocations for each character at the same time:

Yuki: Luminary/Minstrel

Main Weapon: Fan

Krillin: Priest/Sage

Main Weapon: Spear

Edward: Martial Artist/Thief

Main Weapon: Claws

Novena: Gladiator/Paladin

Main Weapon: Sword

It's a good idea, the most ideal way is to level up all your party members as each vocation. with all the stat bonus' you get, each class will be the best they can be, without seed farming

My team was..

Hy *Gladiator

Faith *Priest

Roto *Paladin

I beat the game with only 3 characters

Originally Posted by Hy
    My team was..

Hy *Gladiator

Faith *Priest

Roto *Paladin

I beat the game with only 3 characters
    Always fun to do it with less Nice job! My first playthough was with me and a Friend of mine through local wireless, corvus didn't see it coming lol

Page 1 of 2 12 Last