35 12.68%
  • Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness

78 28.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New Official "What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?" incl. AOD

Thumbs Up definately TR1

Definately TombRaider 1.

I don't like playing games on my 'puter and i don't have any PC TombRaider games, are the gold editions going to b released for the playstation 2?
    foxybunny

Quote Originally Posted by foxybunny
    Definately TombRaider 1.

I don't like playing games on my 'puter and i don't have any PC TombRaider games, are the gold editions going to b released for the playstation 2?
    I seriously doubt it.

I prefer PS too, but PC isn't that bad and the graphics are better too .
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Tomb Raider II by far is the greatest tomb raider game.

TR III was really a dissapointment for me, i didnt like it. It was, well....boring. Nothing much happened. I mean, every stage was so quiet it was like Lara was the only surviving human on a planet over run by monkeys.
    And lets not forget how frustrating it was to save the game, crystals??? that ruined the game for me more then anything else.
    This game annoyed me, as i progressed through it i recieved these cravings- i needed to kill someone but their was never anyone in sight. So lonley...wanst fun for me. Were have all the bad people gone?? killing animals is ok but their is such a thing as overkill.

If Tomb Raider 2 wasnt out of stock in the old Dixtons and I didnt buy Tomb Raider 3 as the first TR game for me I wouldn't be the fan I am now. TR3 is by far the best. I didnt like TR2 that much and AOD is bad because of the controlls mainly and I dont like change.

My list goes:

1.TR3 (amazing atmosphere and the first tr I ever played)
    2.TR3LA (beautiful levels and that lovley lockness monster)
    3.TR2Gold (I brought that from WHSmiths for £5 but it dissapeared somewhere in my house, I played it but never completed it)
    4.TRChronicels (the levels were fun)
    5.TR1 (turning to gold)
    6.TRLR (only because of the last level boss fight, apart from that I didnt really like the game)
    7.TR2 (didnt like the atmosphere)
    8.AOD (too much changed, im old fashioned!)
    9.TrGold (never played it, have no opinion)

I loved the old school TR1 because its a classic. Gotta love that first time seeing the Trex come out. Run lara RUN!

Hmmm, maybe Raiders will be reliving that moment again shortly.

Thumbs Down

u mean to tell me AOD is still on this earth?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie66666
    Tomb Raider II by far is the greatest tomb raider game.

TR III was really a dissapointment for me, i didnt like it. It was, well....boring. Nothing much happened. I mean, every stage was so quiet it was like Lara was the only surviving human on a planet over run by monkeys.
    And lets not forget how frustrating it was to save the game, crystals??? that ruined the game for me more then anything else.
    This game annoyed me, as i progressed through it i recieved these cravings- i needed to kill someone but their was never anyone in sight. So lonley...wanst fun for me. Were have all the bad people gone?? killing animals is ok but their is such a thing as overkill.
    Pardon me if I'm incorrect, but it sounds to me like you haven't passed the India levels, which, givenly, are a bit empty. But the following levels feature lots of enemies in places. Not in exaggerated numbers like in TRII but a fair amount nonetheless. Getting into TRIII is tough, I admit - it took me 2-3 years! But it's not at all an 'empty' game.

1. AOD!!! I liked this game very much, a nice change to the series, loved the
    'darker' Lara and storyline. I think the story was the best that TR has
    ever seen. and I loved the characters like Karel, Kurtis and even
    Eckhardt. I loved that they pick Joss Ackland? to do Eckhardt's voice.
    2. TR: LR I just loved the puzzles and the better graphics? new look and that we
    were in the Great Library? and stuff like that. it is the best of the
    classics, imo.
    3. TR2 First one I played. Just good story I think and enjoyed the levels.

4. TR3 It looked really nice and had a few cool levels like Area 51 and the
    Crash Site. It was just more difficult to beat, imo.
    5. TR1 Played this before LR. I didnt like the layout, sometimes I didnt know
    where I was; I could have sworn there was no intro with the level's
    name on screen.
    6. TR:C Big disappointment, imo. They didnt pick up after Lara's death in LR

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie66666
    Thats exactly why my husband quit playing Tomb Raider! We used to play together taking turns, he loved TR1 & TR2 but when we bought TR3 he played the first level with me and that was it, I played the rest of that game by myself (and the following games). Even though you can save game anywhere in the later games, he still won't touch them and says TR3 ruined it for him

TR3 was far from boring though, it was an excellent game, I kind of wish that I had played it on PC though - maybe then it wouldn't have taken me years to complete. I'm still in recovery from playing it, even though its almost a year since finally completing it. I want to go back and play it on PC - one day

definately TR1 as my top choice..it introduced me to Lara..

Tr1
    TR5
    Tr2
    TRLR
    AOD
    TR3
    signature image
    www.codename-croft.com Raid My tomb and i'll tell Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Craig Michaels
    The first game I played was a demo of TR3: took me 11 months to get through it, and I enjoyed every bit of it. I finnaly jumped into the tree house, did a handstand, flipped over and... What! It ended!?
    Of course I went out and bought the game and loved it all the way through. India...wow! South pacific...wow. Wish they would go back to that.
    Wht treehouse wht level was the demo just curios

Mine was

AOD
    TR1
    TR2
    TR5
    TR3
    TR4
    TR4LE
    TR5LE

TR 3 and AOD, cuz the only stuff i've played

Mine is probably TR3.It really blew me away when i first played it.but tombraider 1 was the first game i played and it will always have somwhere special with me

Least fave was AoD,the controls ruined it for me I Thought lara looked well tho

I didn't know you could vote for more than one until after I voted but...I voted for Angel Of Darkness. I guess because it was my first tomb raider game...I've never even played any of the other ones but I'm going to. But yes, AOD is DEFENITELY a good game!

Quote Originally Posted by LCTR:AoD
    Wht treehouse wht level was the demo just curios
    The demo is here: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr3/demo.html It's the first level of South Pacific, called Coastal Village.

Incidentally, a friend said he's going to lend me his PlayStation (if it works) so I went to the mall yesterday and got some PlayStation games, including TR1, TR2, and TR3. I noticed that the TR2 disc had two versions, red and black, and the TR3 disc came in green or blue. (I got the red TR2 and the green TR3 because they were in better condition). Is there any difference between the colors? (And I fully intend to use cheat codes on the PS version of TR3 whenever I need to There's no way I'd be able to handle the save-point system.)

Tomb raider

Aod for me it did have weird controls but i got used to them it was more realistic for me and being able to punch and kick them was great

Arrow TR: LR is #1!!!!!!

1. TR: LR is my favorite because of the feeling the game gave me because i was alone in a tomb that no one had set foot in for millenia. it wasn't a feeling of fear, but rather a feeling that in order to venture to a place like this Lara Croft must be a really, really cool customer, and very confident and brave.

2. TR: Chronicles is my second favorite game. A couple new moves were introduced that varied from cool but ultimatly cosmetic, having no use other than coolness (the mantle/handstand), the essential (the swinging-around-the-pole routine) and the tactically optional (the ability to summersault out of crawlspaces). The level of bugginess detracted from the game experience for me.

3:TR:3 is my third favorite, although i only played through the India levels and part of Area 51.

4. TR 1 is my fourth favorite just because it was the first tomb raider. I unfortunately haven't been able to play this game due to its antiquity and eagerly await CD/Eidos releasing a revamped edition with modern graphics (and maybe modern moves).

Hi Xac, TR1 works great, just download some patches from here: http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tr1.html
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mum
    Hi Xac, TR1 works great, just download some patches from here: http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/tr1.html
    Actually, I have tried to play TR1 using GLIDOS, VDM Sound, etc but the $10 key I bought for glidos woulden't unlock it.

I suppose you're right though. I guess I ought to start pursuing it again. *looks around for disks, can't find them, hits ebay*

The Last Revelation, it was the first Tomb Raider game I played to the end, I've finished it about 4 or 5 times now

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb Raider Fan
    I voted for Tomb Raider 3,4 and AOD

In order it would go:

Tomb Raider 3
    Tomb Raider 4
    Tomb Raider: AOD

I have always voted for TR3 when one of these polls comes up. I still think it is a great game and i think it is so original....Now that AOD has been added to the list i have voted for that as well because i think thats a great game as well!

I agree with you that TR3 is the best of them, but my choices would go in this order:

Tomb Raider 3
    Tomb Raider 1
    Tomb Raider: AOD

I didn't like the transparency effect for the lara character in TR4 and TR5. Those also didn't have as many exotic locales as in TRs 1, 2, and 3 except for the Alexandria Levels in TR4.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Craig Michaels
    ...India...wow! South pacific...wow. Wish they would go back to that.
    I fully agree with you.

Yeah, India and South Pacific are my favorite level sets out of the entire series

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast