Thread: Remake/port?

Remake/port?

I'm not getting this, It looks like complete garbage

they got rid of random battles and use the system from Dragon Quest IX where you can see monsters on the screen
    the battles aren't first person anymore either

Give me Dragon Quest VII as a PS1 Classic Square Enix!

Uh, no it doesn't.

Random battles are of a bygone era, and personally I'm glad to see VII 3DS take them out and give us the visual encounters of DQIX, which was imo genius.

I've been playing DQ since the original Dragon Warrior on NES and I'm not glad to see them go.

Secondly, it's still a DQ turn based system, just utilizing a similar set-up to VIII and IX where you select abilities/attacks/etc. in first person (or in this case behind the character head) and see those moves play out in an animation.

I think you're making a mountain out of an anthill, this remake looks genius, and DQVII was already my favorite game of all time, but the 3DS version will make it undisputed.

Originally Posted by Tiael

Uh, no it doesn't.

Random battles are of a bygone era, and personally I'm glad to see VII 3DS take them out and give us the visual encounters of DQIX, which was imo genius.

I've been playing DQ since the original Dragon Warrior on NES and I'm not glad to see them go.

Secondly, it's still a DQ turn based system, just utilizing a similar set-up to VIII and IX where you select abilities/attacks/etc. in first person (or in this case behind the character head) and see those moves play out in an animation.

I think you're making a mountain out of an anthill, this remake looks genius, and DQVII was already my favorite game of all time, but the 3DS version will make it undisputed.

Dragon Quest started as a first person RPG with random battles, it should stay that way

Definitely my favorite DQ.

I don't care how and when, but I want this game localized. xD

Originally Posted by imported_Derek

Originally Posted by Tiael

Uh, no it doesn't.

Dragon Quest started as a first person RPG with random battles, it should stay that way

Not really, you sound like a whiny spoiled brat.

It's still DQ, and looks and feels like DQ, they took out archaic random battles and are using a battle system that is systematically the same, just presented differently.

And where were you when DQVIII and DQIX didn't utilize first person battles, or DQIX random encounters?
    Most people enjoyed those, but those still felt like DQ, as will this remake.

At least you can play the original, but it's not going to hit as a PS Classic, so order the game.

What is this, I don't even...

People are complaining about DQ never changing, and you want it to stay the exact same?

It's not like it's turning into a different franchise. It still has the same charm and feeling to it, not to mention battle system which was always great.

The remake can only be better, and not worse.

Originally Posted by Draggy

What is this, I don't even...

People are complaining about DQ never changing, and you want it to stay the exact same?

It's not like it's turning into a different franchise. It still has the same charm and feeling to it, not to mention battle system which was always great.

The remake can only be better, and not worse.

Because I know what I like about the Dragon Quest series

Dragon Quest to Dragon Quest VII(PSX)

I enjoyed the random battles and first person battle view as well as the storylines in each one

mostly the random battles and first person battle view though

Square Enix, if you'd like to please everyone, Make Dragon Warrior VII a PS1 Classic

DQ VIII and V Bathed with HD eye candy and trophy lists! Please, am i the only one who would like this? I don't think so!

I must agree, DQ VIII was a beautifully crafted game developed by Level 5 and it probably had the best voice acting I've heard in an JRPG.

Dragon Quest VIII. It'd look spectacular on a PS3.

Originally Posted by Mouse

I must agree, DQ VIII was a beautifully crafted game developed by Level 5 and it probably had the best voice acting I've heard in an JRPG.

Yes, I remember Yangus voice it was so cool and awesome and his ability to call on monsters! He was very unique.

Dragon Quest VII Screenshots Have Enemies, Characters And More

www.siliconera.com/2012/11/28/dragon-que...

Dragon Quest VII Looks More Lively On Nintendo 3DS

www.siliconera.com/2012/12/13/dragon-que...

Dragon Quest VII For 3DS Has Guest Monsters From DQM: Terry’s Wonderland 3D

www.siliconera.com/2012/12/12/dragon-que...

Sweet Box art, wondering if they plan to have any other goodies! and release dates!

Dragon Quest VII’s StreetPass Stones Unlock Special Dungeons

www.siliconera.com/2012/12/18/dragon-que...

I would love to see every Dragon Warrior game put on the PSN, or even better, the PS Vita.

@Tiael
    You can't expect everyone to accept changes like this to a series they grew up playing, Dragon Quest VIII and IX were completely new games not remakes so it was cool to see some fresh ideas
    But Dragon Quest VII is one of my favorites
    It's not hard to release the original on PSN as a PS1 classic
    It seems more like Square Enix is giving fans the finger each passing year by doing things like not releasing games that fans want the most like Nier Replicant (the one with the younger Nier), Saga 2 and Saga 3 for NDS or Dragon Quest Anniversary Collection (NES and SNES versions of the first three Dragon Quest games)

Dragon Quest VII Brings Its Streetpass Stone Trading Feature Online

www.siliconera.com/2013/01/02/dragon-que...

I don't mind if they're on handhelds or home consoles but it's easier to make on handhelds.

I hope they announce the English version at E3.

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last